1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Ah no pics but my atf pulled a qp minus the samples i had to take. Amazing smoke.

Hey Illizm775, good to see you again. I haven't seen you in a while. Glad to hear that you pulled a quarter pound. It is a great smoke to be sure! I had some today. Getting ready for some Blueberry here in a little bit.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Haha I'm wicked stoned looking at that mite battle. I'm sitting here making little noises in my head picturing them taking all the bad guys out.... PEW PEW... PEW PEW.... "The population is depleting, continue full force!" Ah I'm having too much fun with those close ups

Spider Mite Update

Ok, so I have changed my mite battle plan. I had hoped that the spraying I had done, in conjunction with the predator mites would be gaining control on the spider mite issue. Looking at a couple leaves today, I abandoned that hope and started more massive defoliation and spraying again.

I started watering with AzaMax as a root drench earlier this week. So with the spraying, I used Azamax as a foliar spray on several of the plants. I used some SNS-217 on three of the other plants. I have three more to spray tomorrow and I will be done for this cycle of spraying. I will swap the products on plants in about 3-4 days.

I can't in good conscious flip these girls to flower with the mites like they are. I have to a couple other products to try as well.....SM-90, and another product called NPK Mighty Wash (I don't want to use this if I don't have to....its a much harsher and stronger spray than the others that are all OMRI products). If the Neem Oil, the AzaMax, the SNS-217, and the SM-90 don't do the trick.....well then I will use the more toxic stuff.

The bottom line is I need to get this situation taken care of by the end of the month so I can finish the harvest before xmas time and any potential family visitors. I also need to get them cleared out so I can move the Nukehead strain in there (I Plan on starting them when I am about halfway through flower (ATF is 70-75 days).

Ouch that sucks. Sounds like you are in "shock and awe" mode. Hope you can eradicate those summ-a-ma-biches! A bit surprised the predator mites didnt do the job.

Yeah well I don't think I executed that part the way I should have. I didn't think I was going to get the predator mites in less than 24 hours. I had sprayed the day before and thought I would have a few days before the mites arrived and the mite spray might have dissipated a bit. I don't know how much that hurt things. So I will spray 2-3 more times over the next 12-15 days and then take a good hard look at the bugs situation. If it looks good then I will wait a week and then do one more predatory mite go at it and let the girls flower. The other biggest issue I have is a couple of the plants are getting far bigger than I intended them to get, due to the delay in flowering because of the spider mites. I have to scrog this grow and once I put them in.....there is no pulling back out to spray. So I have to really hammer these bastages good over the next two weeks. I might even need to do a double scrog with a few of these ATF plants....they are getting really big really fast.

Its really a pain in the ass to spray these girls with as big as they have gotten!!

It's really bad that the predator mites cannot work out
Btw congrats on the free seeds

Its really a pain in the ass to spray these girls with as big as they have gotten!!

Stank, so I know for the future. Where did you purchase the predator mites? I'd have said you were winning, what makes you think that the predators weren't able to finish them off?

Stank, so I know for the future. Where did you purchase the predator mites? I'd have said you were winning, what makes you think that the predators weren't able to finish them off?

Images I saw of more hatched spider mites coating the underside of leaves. Spots on the leaves were starting to show more, which is a sign that the spider mites are sucking more of the juices out of your leaves. I just wasn't willing to wait it out based on what I was seeing.

Dang critters.......

I'd go nuts if I had em

Yeah its really hard to just sit idle and let things correct like they are supposed to. I want to spray every day.....but I gotta give it time to do its thing. I have three more plants to spray this morning/early afternoon

Change of subject

Have u pollinated plants before Van?

Nope....well not cannabis. I have pollinated lots of things outside in my garden.

Learn from my errors.....lol

Candida and Doc I did good . Used the paint brush, then wrapped the branch in a paper sack for about 5 days.

The auto tent I didn't wrap it and the pollen spread like wild fire....lol

And next time I'll mist the branch after I pull off the sack to be sure all the pollen is nutralized , I'll probably move em to my closet room if I can, but that's not always an option

Learn from my errors.....lol

Candida and Doc I did good . Used the paint brush, then wrapped the branch in a paper sack for about 5 days.

The auto tent I didn't wrap it and the pollen spread like wild fire....lol

And next time I'll mist the branch after I pull off the sack to be sure all the pollen is nutralized , I'll probably move em to my closet room if I can, but that's not always an option

Well here is my line of thinking on what I plan to do so please feel free to comment. I am doing an open pollinate in the small tent downstairs. I will be running either an ATF #1 female in there (more slender leaves, higher yield) or an ATF #2 female (faster grower but lost out on yield by about an ounce) right next to the ATF #4 male. This will give me a ton of ATF seeds for myself and some friends that might want some. I planned on picking the plant that I liked the high from better, but I honestly can't choose based on the high, so I am kind of leaning towards the higher yielder with everything else being relatively equal

For the upstairs tent, I plan to pollinate via the paint brush method (though I might add the paper bag over the branches I pollinate). I am going to do two colas on the Durban Poison, and Blue Kush. The reason I don't plan on doing an open pollinate is that I plan on stabilizing the crosses before I truly breed for seeds so I figured doing the whole plants would be a waste of a lot of potentially good bud. I am not sure how many seeds I will get from two colas of each but I figure its enough to be able to look for a decent male and female. From there I will breed those two. I might add a paper bag over the colas I do to try and keep the pollination more confined to the colas I want to make seeds. I will also be harvesting lots of the ATF #4 pollen and putting it in the freezer for storage for possible future uses.

Feel free to share any additional lessons learned with me. I figure this whole thing is a learning experience so I figure to screw stuff up, but anything i can do to minimize the amount of screw up will be great!

Well here is my line of thinking on what I plan to do so please feel free to comment. I am doing an open pollinate in the small tent downstairs. I will be running either an ATF #1 female in there (more slender leaves, higher yield) or an ATF #2 female (faster grower but lost out on yield by about an ounce) right next to the ATF #4 male. This will give me a ton of ATF seeds for myself and some friends that might want some. I planned on picking the plant that I liked the high from better, but I honestly can't choose based on the high, so I am kind of leaning towards the higher yielder with everything else being relatively equal

For the upstairs tent, I plan to pollinate via the paint brush method (though I might add the paper bag over the branches I pollinate). I am going to do two colas on the Durban Poison, and Blue Kush. The reason I don't plan on doing an open pollinate is that I plan on stabilizing the crosses before I truly breed for seeds so I figured doing the whole plants would be a waste of a lot of potentially good bud. I am not sure how many seeds I will get from two colas of each but I figure its enough to be able to look for a decent male and female. From there I will breed those two. I might add a paper bag over the colas I do to try and keep the pollination more confined to the colas I want to make seeds. I will also be harvesting lots of the ATF #4 pollen and putting it in the freezer for storage for possible future uses.

Feel free to share any additional lessons learned with me. I figure this whole thing is a learning experience so I figure to screw stuff up, but anything i can do to minimize the amount of screw up will be great!
Love yer idea, but use the bags, or it will spread

I did 2 colas on my two, so I'll have a good idea how many beans I get and will let you know

Pollen goes a LONNNNGGGG way, I have so much Skunk#1 will last forever.

And man did Cheech, my male, make a mess in my closet...lol...

How many seeds did your two colas you did produce. I have no idea if I should expect 5 seeds per cola or 20-30 per cola, or possibly more? I figure that the small tent will produce a crap load of ATF seeds sitting right next to each other and allowing open pollination. I figure that the male will make a huge mess in there.

How many seeds did your two colas you did produce. I have no idea if I should expect 5 seeds per cola or 20-30 per cola, or possibly more? I figure that the small tent will produce a crap load of ATF seeds sitting right next to each other and allowing open pollination. I figure that the male will make a huge mess in there.
None pulled yet....but I'd say in the neighborhood of 20, ea cola, by looking at them a few days ago

I did top cola and next 4-5 down that branch.

I'm Gunna pull Candida out today and see what I see for seeds

None pulled yet....but I'd say in the neighborhood of 20, ea cola, by looking at them a few days ago

I did top cola and next 4-5 down that branch.

I'm Gunna pull Candida out today and see what I see for seeds

Ok, will follow those results so I can adjust as I see necessary. I would be good with 20-30 seeds per cola. Much less than that and I will up it to 3 colas per plant. I also plan on pollinating the opposite ATF female to the one I put in the small tent. So if I breed ATF #1 because of the higher yield, via the open pollinate in the small tent.....I will pollinate ATF #2 via the paintbrush in the big tent. That way I have seeds from both girls. That way if ATF #2 ended up as the better mother, well I will still have 50-60 seeds (Hopefully) from her.

Back
Top Bottom