1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

No problemo, man. Yeah a lot of people haven't heard of the importance of soap for emulsifying the neem, or just don't realize how important the emulsification step really is. Tead filled me in on that one so I try to pay it forward. I read a post from Clackamas Coots regarding using biodegradable soap so you don't upset your microorganisms with an anti-bacterial soap, but you can also use a silica supplement--it's just with the amounts needed to properly emulsify you might use way too much, so I'd stick with soap.

Azamax is essentially extracted azadirachtin and mixed into a bottle ready to be diluted and used. Most people are familiar with root drenches using this product and I wouldn't hesitate to just use it over neem oil. I only really go for neem oil because it's cheaper. Since it's concentrated it should last you longer, but I've never used it and I'm not sure what concentrations will be safe. Should give you a more potent kick for an established infestation though. Again I'd do both a spray and root drench with it, because you want that contact-killing to knock out as much of the population as you can initially.

Clackamas Coot's soil recipe uses neem cake and he suggests that the systemic absobrtion of azadirachtin can be obtained through that as well. So I am hoping that with my next soil mix using Neem Seed Meal that it will have built-in azadirachtin absorption. I have been following your soil making blog post and saw you included some too.

There's a real wealth of information about neem cake also helping out your soil's biolife, but you'd have to google to find the thread since I can't link to those forums here. But I Cann tell you that if you google "Neem Oil vs Mycorrhizae" you can find the thread chalked full of information.

I also have some white-papers on my hard-drive that cite some other documents showing sysmetic uptake of azadirachtin if you'd like to take a peak but I'd have to hunt them down. It's all on Google though.

Do you know by any chance if the azadirachtin changes anything in the flower (I am still in veg, I just don't want to give the plants anything that will change the flavor or potential flavors/smells? I plan on starting to water with the AzaMax on my next water cycle. I figure that if I am giving it to them before flipping to flower, then I should be safe.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

So I got some exciting news today. I was lucky enough to get picked to do a sponsored grow for one of 420's newest sponsors....Nukehead Seeds. I will be running their signature strain the Nukehead. Here is the link for their seed selection.

SEEDS – MMJ LAB GRADE

I am pretty excited for this opportunity and hopefully bringing some positive light to a new seed bank here in the USA. Thanks to Nukehead for selecting me to do this grow for your product.

So I got some exciting news today. I was lucky enough to get picked to do a sponsored grow for one of 420's newest sponsors....Nukehead Seeds. I will be running their signature strain the Nukehead. Here is the link for their seed selection.

SEEDS — MMJ LAB GRADE

I am pretty excited for this opportunity and hopefully bringing some positive light to a new seed bank here in the USA. Thanks to Nukehead for selecting me to do this grow for your product.
Congrats......

More seeds..Wooo hooo.. very curious to see how their seeds performan, I'll be watching for sure when ya start buddy

SEEDS — MMJ LAB GRADE

Congratulations Stank.....you deserve that chance to showcase someone's seeds, you do great work and your buds are phenomenal. ...... Hopefully they take bitcoin, lol. Crazy high claims of 25-30% THC, and back pain relief. You're a prime candidate.

Congratulations Stank.....you deserve that chance to showcase someone's seeds, you do great work and your buds are phenomenal. ...... Hopefully they take bitcoin, lol. Crazy high claims of 25-30% THC, and back pain relief. You're a prime candidate.

Yeah that potential THC level is crazy. But the back pain relief was the hook I couldn't shake! Plus the opportunity to potentially find a polyploid is a big draw!

Yeah that potential THC level is crazy. But the back pain relief was the hook I couldn't shake! Plus the opportunity to potentially find a polyploid is a big draw!
The two points I noticed but I missed the polyp loud. Can you explain what that means? Also, how did you end up getting selected?

The two points I noticed but I missed the polyp loud. Can you explain what that means? Also, how did you end up getting selected?

It has to do with the number of chromosomes Guy. Most cannabis plants are diploids. You can google and read more about polyploids if you are truly interested as it would take me forever to really describe it. But here are some traits that are common to polyploids:

Polyploid Traits:
Ducksfoot
Four sets of leaves at the nodes
Stretched (doubled) flowers
Dark green leaves
Double bud sites
Heavy feeder
High water consumption
Thick meristem
Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)
Extreme potency
Crooked looking plant providing a Bonsai appearance
Larger stomata
Thicker leaves

The Nukehead is supposedly known to have double headed bud sites. Thats really the main thing I would love to see!

Here is a link you can read a little about polyploid/mutant strains
Is Mutant Weed on the Horizon? – High Times

It has to do with the number of chromosomes Guy. Most cannabis plants are diploids. You can google and read more about polyploids if you are truly interested as it would take me forever to really describe it. But here are some traits that are common to polyploids:

Polyploid Traits:
Ducksfoot
Four sets of leaves at the nodes
Stretched (doubled) flowers
Dark green leaves
Double bud sites
Heavy feeder
High water consumption
Thick meristem
Pistil discoloration (pink pistils under black light)
Extreme potency
Crooked looking plant providing a Bonsai appearance
Larger stomata
Thicker leaves

The Nukehead is supposedly known to have double headed bud sites. Thats really the main thing I would love to see!

Here is a link you can read a little about polyploid/mutant strains
Is Mutant Weed on the Horizon? — High Times
Fuck dude, how the hell do you know so much about this shit, Did you grow up around growers always, lol?

That's pretty cool sounding. I'll check it out.

Fuck dude, how the hell do you know so much about this shit, Did you grow up around growers always, lol?

That's pretty cool sounding. I'll check it out.

Well, when you are out on workers comp for 10 months because your back is jacked up....you have lots of time to read up on cannabis and everything related to it! Also having a brother that is a commercial grower helps too....cause I will read something and be like "wtf is that" and I can call him and he breaks it down for me so I can understand. Lots of time on my hands to read brother!! I can only fondle my plants so much each day.

Oh, but how they love your fondling. lol I hear you on sitting home on workers comp dude, first surgery they put five anchors in my hip. Second surgery two anchors came out along with half my labrum. Now I can barely fkn walk lol. There goes being a commercial electrician! I'm in a pickle now because idk wtf I'm gonna do for a living . but fondling my wife and my plants always brings me joy .

Tent Update

So the battle with the mites continue. Right now I am still letting the predator mites do their thing which means no spraying. It seems like the predators are doing their job well. I am still finding spider mites but far fewer than before. You will see some of the carnage in a few of the pictures.

I will start watering with AzaMax tonight when I am water the 3 biggest plants, and then continue tomorrow when I water the smaller plants. Hopefully between the predator mites and the Azamax, I will be able to flip these girls in a week or so.

Growth is going very well in my homemade soil and there is no sign of any sort of grow issues. The pictures of the tent don't really do the grow justice....these plants are getting bigger than the previous plants that were grown in Kind Soil. I hope it will continue throughout the flower portion of the grow.

Tent Pics
090317_Tent_1.jpg

090317_Tent_2.jpg

Mite Carnage
Mites_3.jpg

Mites_3_LI.jpg

Mites_1.jpg

Mites_1_LI.jpg

mites_2.jpg

mites_2_LI.jpg

Thanks Urban....It was a challenge to find leaves with any live action. I wonder if some of these mites aren't nocturnal.

Having good mites is winner, spider mights are a living nightmare!

Thanks Urban....It was a challenge to find leaves with any live action. I wonder if some of these mites aren't nocturnal.

I recall seeing in a documentary something regarding a type of animal that has slight differences in species, that has one type feeding during the day, and another type feeding at night. This reduces competition for the same resources. Now I am not sure if this would pertain to a single species such as the predator mites. Its certainly possible. I briefly tried looking it up but didnt find what I was looking for.

Regardless thos predator mites are winning lol

yeah they wouldn't be competing for the same food. The predator mites don't do anything to plants, they just chow on the spider mites. Now I guess I could see them adapting to the opposite sleep cycle as the spider mites so its easier to eat their prey. It also might explain why I can't seem to catch any live eating. If the spider mites are active during light and the predator mites are active during the night, then I wouldn't be catching the feasting because I only check them during day light hours. Regardless, I am happy with the results up til now. I might buy another smaller batch of them to drop in there a couple weeks into flower.

A follow up batch might be worth it

Yeah, I definitely don't want to spray anything while I am in flower....so that leaves root drench and predator mites.

Hopefully you knocked down the spider mites enough the predators can finish them off.

Ah no pics but my atf pulled a qp minus the samples i had to take. Amazing smoke.

Back
Top Bottom