1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

I hope your methods work, Mr Stank, because I am tempted to kill them all with a shiny new flamethrower I will come home with one day! .
So do you figure that increasing these 2 in volume would help? What about the Neem as well, bizarre that they've shown up.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Mite Update

So I have been spraying and defoliating like crazy the last few days. Its rough to try and spray 12 plants in one day so I have been breaking it up. I have sprayed all of the twice so far....once with the water and alcohol at a 9:1 ratio......and the second time with the Neem Oil. I will start hitting them with the third thing today which is SNS-217.

On a side note....the predator mites came in this morning. So once I spray with the SNS-217 and let that rest for a day or two, I will take a look at a few of the leaves and see what type of movement is happening. If it looks pretty good, I will unleash the predator mites. I am just glad that I hadn't already put the girls under a SCROG yet. I would have been screwed if that was case.

Liking the triple header attack on them.....is the idea to get larval, eggs and adults in that state or do you have to wait for them to hatch before sprays will work?

Liking the triple header attack on them.....is the idea to get larval, eggs and adults in that state or do you have to wait for them to hatch before sprays will work?

Well some of the sprays supposedly kill the eggs. But I don't want to take any chances though. I will keep spraying a few plants each day until I am happy and then I will unleash the predator mites on them. I have read that some mites can develop a tolerance to the different sprays. Thats the main reason for using the three different things on them before turning the mites loss to devour anything left.

Sounds like a good plan brother, I suspect you'll be mite free in no time!

I just need for it to stay managable til harvest. I was already planning on having flipped these by now....but these damn mites have held me back from getting the scrog put in and letting them grow for a few days with the Scrog before flipping. But again, glad I caught them before I put them in the scrog

Well there are still some moving....I know it wouldn't get rid of them all in one shot. But its become personal at this point. Bastages weren't invited and I don't tolerate trespassers LOL. I want to get some pictures of the predator mites chowing down on some of the spider mites when I release them.

That would be amazing to see lol

I am really hoping to see it happening. Have a few more days til I will release them....but when I do...I hope I get a show! They will supposedly eat 5 spider mites per day or up to 20 eggs per day per predator mite. If I can get a video of it, I will. The microscope I have takes pics or videos.

Well it better work, because Ms Stank isn't kidding about burning everything down. LOL, she hates bugs....especially bugs in the garden.

Cant say as i blame her, had spider mites a couple of grows back and it was a mess to get under control.

What did you do to them? Any idea of how you got them? My brother said just be glad they are spider mites and not Russet Mites.

I used neem and defoliated 2 plants, i was lucky they were in late flower.

Yeah I have 3 plants that are pretty damn big. Its really hard to thoroughly spray those 3 big ones.....especially underneath. So I keep defoliating and spraying....every day. I try to do 3 plants a day. That means every 4 days I get to each plant which works out well for any recently hatched eggs or any recently laid eggs. I imagine its just a matter of time before I have a good hold on these little bastages.

Yeah I have 3 plants that are pretty damn big. Its really hard to thoroughly spray those 3 big ones.....especially underneath. So I keep defoliating and spraying....every day. I try to do 3 plants a day. That means every 4 days I get to each plant which works out well for any recently hatched eggs or any recently laid eggs. I imagine its just a matter of time before I have a good hold on these little bastages.

I use neem oil root drenches so I don't have to spray at all. I only have small numbers of small plants so it wastes it to make a big gallon batch and spray maybe a cup worth of it. It gets absorbed quicker by foliar feeding though.

You could also use pyrethrum and insecticidal soap, pyrhethrum is organic and supposedly kills the eggs. You could emulsify the neem oil with the insecticidal soap. Should be a pretty toxic brew.

Hey Fertilizer, thanks for dropping in as well as sharing that info. I have had to kind of re-evaluate my plan since my predator mites showed up earlier than I expected ( 18 hours from when I ordered til I received them ). My plan now is to release them when lights go off at 1pm today. I will let them do most of the work instead of me lugging the plants down to a nice open space and spraying (probably wouldn't be bad but with 12 plants its a bit of a pain in the arse). I figured I will let them go 4 or 5 days and then take a peek at a few of the leaves and see what it looks like.

Its my understanding that the predator mites will even lay eggs and hatch new predator mites as long as there is sufficient food source for them. So using that logic.....if there are enough spider mites to feed 1000 predator mites long enough for them to lay new eggs, then I will let the predator mites have all the fun instead of me spraying every night on 3 different plants.

I hope those predator mites work their way through them darn spider mites like the Army of the Dead did to the orks in The Lord of the Rings lol

Back
Top Bottom