Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

Very nice here Scar! Is it just me or do the buds on the defoliated lady look a bit more dense further down a single branch than the non defoliated? This could also be due to the extra foliage that might be covering buds on the non defoliated. I'll be posted for the dry weights for further comparison!

Very nice here Scar! Is it just me or do the buds on the defoliated lady look a bit more dense further down a single branch than the non defoliated? This could also be due to the extra foliage that might be covering buds on the non defoliated. I'll be posted for the dry weights for further comparison!

No way! Maybe cause they are at different maturity levels and because he's leaving one longer! lol. just picking fun. phenotypic variation may be enough to skew these results, unless we see any extremes in the results.

It's true that if they were clones it would be an even better experiment. I didn't even think about that.. thanks

Congrats to you

Thanks!

There you go showing off pretty harvested buds again :yummy: Very Nice Scarfinger68 :adore:

Thanks!

Potentially. My initial thoughts are that the "normal" ICE looks thicker. The defoliated may have more development lower than the normal ICE.

No way! Maybe cause they are at different maturity levels and because he's leaving one longer! lol. just picking fun. phenotypic variation may be enough to skew these results, unless we see any extremes in the results.

I am trying to avoid this. If I harvest at the same time, feeling that the defoliated was stunted, would provide skewed results also.

It's true that if they were clones it would be an even better experiment. I didn't even think about that.. thanks

My results would honestly only be anecdotal evidence of defoliated vs. non-defoliated.

Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims. The term is often used in contrast to scientific evidence, such as evidence-based medicine, which are types of formal accounts. Some anecdotal evidence does not qualify as scientific evidence because its nature prevents it from being investigated using the scientific method.

The ICE are grown from individual seeds of the same feminized strain. A clone would be better. Also a clone grown several times with a know average of harvest weight would be even better.

These 2 ICE where grown the same with the same techniques. But I can't guarantee I topped the exact same amount to each one. I would say they where topped very similar though. :)

An experiment done at the last minute mainly because I wanted to try defoliation :)

So I wouldn't take any harvest weights as gospel to pass/fail for defoliation. Just put in in the tool box of growing techniques :)

big up to you, this is the cool stuff we all like to see

I tried something different with my drying. I wanted to keep the bud on the stem. So, I bought a 28 quart plastic container. I put freezer wrap on the bottom and 2 layers under the lid with the wax side on the seal to hopefully make it a little bit air tight. I put the hygrometer in the container and I will check it in about 6 hours to see where the humidity is.

Wax side up "normal" ICE plant. after 72 hours hanging.
P10008512.JPG

2 layers on top
P10008521.JPG

Pic of defoliated ICE at 64 days flower. Going to chop it down tonight.
P1000853.JPG

congrats on that harvest scar those buds were beautiful

congratulations on your harvest! waiting on dry weights.

Thanks!

Really nice Scar, congrats on the Harvest. +reps for all your work.

Thanks stealthgrow Your right! This does feel a little like work.

Humidity in the plastic container is 64%. I will probably leave it in the container for 12 to 24 hours and then cut the bud off the stem and jar it. Then check humidity and start burping it down to 60% for hopefully at least a 1 week cure, maybe 2 weeks if I can keep my wife out of it. :)

Not that curing seems to matter for my wife. The Snow White was a 3 day hang, 1 day in paper bag and then jarred which turned out to be 54% humidity (too low for a good cure). She smoked it and said it was good, "tasted a little stronger this time" but good.

In this picture the Colas look SO big compared to the shot of the first ICE plant in the drying tote. But then I scrolled down, pictures can be deceiving :)
P1000855.JPG

But I still stand by my opinion that the defoliated looks to have slightly more developed bud further down the stem than the other. Congratulations Scar on the harvest, I hope you pull a good weight from the two. I'm guessing 5-6oz dry combined :thumb:

In this picture the Colas look SO big compared to the shot of the first ICE plant in the drying tote. But then I scrolled down, pictures can be deceiving :)
P1000855.JPG

But I still stand by my opinion that the defoliated looks to have slightly more developed bud further down the stem than the other. Congratulations Scar on the harvest, I hope you pull a good weight from the two. I'm guessing 5-6oz dry combined :thumb:

I think the pictures are a bit deceiving. I am hoping for 1 oz. dry per plant. Bud in the plastic container is at 71% humidity. Took the lid off for a hour. I will seal it up for 24 hours and check humidity again.

ICE normal "non-defoliated"

Dry weight
P10008571.JPG

I was expecting 30 grams and hoping for 40 grams. Not bad so far. I put the defoliated in the plastic container.
So maybe 4 more days and I should have the dry weight of the defoliated.

Back
Top Bottom