Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

hello sir i am new to growing. i searched my strain and cfl on google and your journal came up. from what i've seen so far if i can do half as well as you i will be a happy fellow. looking at the journals in progress index shows me i have much reading to do.
so many great ideas for me to learn. please don't disappear =)

hello sir i am new to growing. i searched my strain and cfl on google and your journal came up. from what i've seen so far if i can do half as well as you i will be a happy fellow. looking at the journals in progress index shows me i have much reading to do.
so many great ideas for me to learn. please don't disappear =)

I am still here. My Aurora Indica journal has gotten a little side tracked with my ICE harvest. Soon to be on track in about 2 days.

ICE defoliated harvest: 54% humidity = 35.56 grams
P1000853.JPG

P10008633.JPG

ICE non defoliated "normal" harvest: 65% humidity = 39.93 grams
P10008342.JPG

P10008571.JPG

Snow White harvest: 53% humidity = 31.88 grams
P10008272.JPG

P10008321.JPG

Sorry but I kind of messed up on the defoliated. I let it get to dry. I was hoping to keep the humidity the same as the "normal" ICE... life got in the way.

Maybe the lower humidity caused a little less weight?

Big picture this was one of my best grows and harvest. 107.37 grams total. (3.8 oz.) :)

OK... So now I get back on track with the Aurora Indica. I will try to update with some pictures tomorrow. They are in day 11 of Flower and show some pistols :)

only makes sense my man. defoliation is stupid. nice run for sure.

only makes sense my man. defoliation is stupid. nice run for sure.

Well, It was a last minute defoliation trial done at day 45'ish of flower. I wouldn't put much validity to my results.

I think that an early defoliation in VEG may improve results.

I am still on the fence with defoliation.

Yup I second what Stealth said ;) I am also awaiting a smoke report on those frosty nugs, before and after cure maybe?

AfricanGrower, I am such a lightweight. If I smoke it effects me more than say my wife or an everyday smoker. I get the head tingle that moves down into the body and then puts me to sleep.

My wife's favorite was the Northern Lights. Then I killed it off... :oops: Now between the Snow White and ICE... She is always reaching for the ICE.

The smell of ICE reminds me a little of Chemdog. It has a slight sour note to it. The Snow White seems a little more floral/sweet with a little musky smell.

ICE seems a little more balanced head/body and Snow White tends to be slightly more body. All I can get my wife to say is "its good" and she likes the taste of the ICE but won't describe it. I had some "Chemdog" recently and the "Chemdog" seemed a lot stronger... but I did take 2 big rips from a bubbler when I usually only take one hit of a 3" straight pipe.

Report sucks but... Its all I got being a lightweight/ mainly grower for my wife :)

I just germed me some snow white seeds :)

ive grown a lot of chemdawg (ogk and diesel) so im happy to have something different.

I just germed me some snow white seeds :)

ive grown a lot of chemdawg (ogk and diesel) so im happy to have something different.

Great! It is really an easy grow and fairly tolerant plant. I harvested mine around 65-70 days of flower.

Ok... Back on track: Aurora Indica, day 12 of Flower. I have 3 plants. 2 are in 1 gallon round pots and 1 is in a square pot. I am not sure of the size of the square pot.

One thing I noticed about the AI is that it is a stinky plant so far. In Veg if you lightly rub the leaves it has a stinky, skunky? kind of smell. I can't say I have smelled a true "skunk" weed before. It is (Afghan x Northern Lights), which Afghan may have some skunk in it.

I am guessing that this strain is going to be very stinky in late flower. Ok, picture time:

Plant #1
P10008651.JPG

Plant #2
P10008661.JPG

Plant #3
P1000867.JPG

Their home: (I moved the white fan wire to the back right hole)
P10008641.JPG

At home:
P1000868.JPG

Closer: You can see I have done some HST. I do a little here and there to open up the middle and control height.
P10008692.JPG

Pistols are showing on all 3
P10008702.JPG

I gave some VEG ferts first week of Flower. Last 2 waterings I have used Flower ferts: 2 tsp. Big Bloom, 1 tsp. Grow Big, 1 tsp. Tiger Bloom, mixed per gallon of aerated water. PH is around 7.0 They have needed water around every 2 to 3 days so far. I try to always water first with plain water and then add my fertilizer mix, to try and help avoid burning the roots.

Catch ya later :peacetwo:

+Reps on the DIY cab, I really dig the design aspects of that dude. Because I wanted to build one very similar a couple of years ago!

Thanks. It is 2'x2' and around 3.5' tall. I just added a filter to the top of it this year.

P1000227.JPG

P10002281.JPG

P10002342.JPG

and diesel which is chemdawg x super skunk x n.l.

aka

nirvana el dorado x aurora indica

mcloadie was growing that Mexican chemd/el dorado I think serious 6 is diesel.. smells just like it my man

"Nirvana Aurora Indica is an F1 hybrid of Afghan and Northern Light. Its plants stay short, producing heavy colas and dense buds. This cannabis strain produces exceptional amounts of resin, resulting in a deep, near-black hash with a tasty aroma and a heavy buzz. Aurora Indica probably is our most potent Indica."

"Nirvana Aurora Indica is an F1 hybrid of Afghan and Northern Light. Its plants stay short, producing heavy colas and dense buds. This cannabis strain produces exceptional amounts of resin, resulting in a deep, near-black hash with a tasty aroma and a heavy buzz. Aurora Indica probably is our most potent Indica."

Looking forward to it :)

Back
Top Bottom