I have come to the conclusion that the higher the hps light is the bigger and bulkier the buds turn out, if ran so many plants over the years and I'm only just realising this now.

I have moved the plants into my shed out of eyes view, I just hope the smell does not get out as there 4ft away from my main door way to my home.

Hey brother, looking great in there! :high-five:
Everything go smoothly with the inspection? It must have been a schlep, but hopefully it won't be necessary to do again soon.
So all my butter that I created with all my bud and trim has now turned into black mould, I'm so unhappy now I have to wait for at least 6 weeks to be able to medicate now, this is going to be a very stressful 6 weeks :(.
No ways! I'm so sorry. Have you got any idea why it happened?

Yeah all good no smell leaks at all which was great, I had oil burners on right near where the door way opens near them lol the old phrase first approach counts lol.

I have no idea why it happened in so disappointed but there's nothing I can do now, i have got no bud left so I'm getting around 2-4h sleep a night, horrible feeling.

Man that's horrible. Was there any sign of mold on the bud before you made your butter?
What area are you? DM me if you do not want to post your location publicly. Maybe we can organize for another 420 member in your area to send you some bud to help you out brother.

No and I can't understand why it happened I do know that the butter in top had s at but the bottom layer was still liquid so if no idea if that had anything to do with it but they were in the fridge too in butter pots, the mould was not green like most food stuffs but really black fur, around 3/4" circles but very low build up mould I should of really taken a picture but I just through it straight out, next time I will leave the butter for a day or 2 then make a bulk load off edibles then freeze them as I can't see any other way around it.

I also noticed that I would stick to the specific instructions on brownies ect and it would not work as in rising the mix would just bubble and book over.

could my bud have to much oil inside as I know if I had to press some off my harvests I would get great yields on terms of rosin press ect but having said that this was only trim, might powerful trim at that lol.

I'm in the UK but wouldn't feel comfortable meeting anyone, as you know we love in an era where you can barely trust your own family :(.

I'm harvesting on the 6th of next month but I may be able to get a harvest from 1 plant a little sooner, I think this time around I'm going to push for near enough 100% amber and then it all into butter and infused oil and make some edibles as well as gummies, at least if the bud is really strong and I make gummies I can then roughly work out how many I know and prepare doses, I'm sure I could make a few thousand with a good 20oz.

I have totally gone of smoking now if tried edibles with that butter, the first one I think I told you spaced me out like crazy!

Just a little update and some help required, I'm at day 46 roughly and I've just fed them one last time with synthetic nutrients which was actually half of the measures they state along with some resinator.

So next time I feed will consist of only molasses and resinator, but my main question is what can I trim before hand to help light penetration?

I don't fancy overkill on a defol to find out I've naffed up its just in got some great looking buds under but not the biggest due to lack of light and I can't part harvest as I've got another inspection for home improvements.

Here is the Gelato in the other tent.

Looking very good I bet you can’t wait for your harvest. Sorry about the mold.

I'm looking at cross breeding some strains either this year or next @irie lion I'm thinking Northern Lights as the most dominant crossed with Zkittles/Sweet Skittles and Gelato, what do you think?

Sounds like a killer cross I just grew some NL x Harlequin that another 420 member made and its the most fire cross I’ve grown yet. I’d definitely recommend it.

I keep getting weird humidity spikes upwards of 80% but now I'm back at 55% so if no idea what's going on and I hope there's no mold at harvest.

Yeah I'm looking into trying to cross them I just don't know how I would go about it but I've got plenty of time to study it :).

That N/L x H/Q sounds good but isn't H/Q a high CBD strain?

I can't seem to handle cbd for some reason my body reacts in a horrible way so it really limits me, sativa dominant strains do the same I tend to shake and feel hugely uncomfortable so I'm limited unfortunately but I do fancy having a bit breed and hopefully I could come up with something very uniqe.

Plants are now starting to yellow off nicely, some are finished and matured but still clear tricks and some still have hairs but I do plan to harvest at 9 weeks, if the ratio of plants are still with hairs and not closed calyxs then I will push an extra week but let's see how it goes.

Hey brother, things are going well in here! :bravo: Your nugs are looking frosty and rock hard.
I'm looking at cross breeding some strains either this year or next @irie lion I'm thinking Northern Lights as the most dominant crossed with Zkittles/Sweet Skittles and Gelato, what do you think?
Sounds like straight fire! I have got no breeding experience unfortunately. I am not sure how you'd make for it be more Northern Lights dominant - whether your the NL would have to be the male pollen donor or if it would have to be NL mother with Zkittles pollen to hit the NL male. I remember reading something like the more stronger, dominant strain will take the lead. I don't know brother, but i'll be getting into breeding in a year or so.
So next time I feed will consist of only molasses and resinator, but my main question is what can I trim before hand to help light penetration?
Trim as little as possible, just take what is covering lower growth. If there are leaves overlapping or crowding / restricting air flow to your nugs, then snip them leaves off. You mentioned your humidity is peaking - so you seriously need to make sure your air flow is good. Nearing the end of bloom now you don't want any mold showing up! :thumb:

Hey buddy!

Yeah I think my plan is to try and get some male gelato and skittles seeds then cross them with the n/l but before I do this I will need to do some mega research for sure!

yeah hm for some reason is hitting 73% (just looked) when lights are off, but if got 2 fans moving, one on top of the canopy that does a 360 so all my canopy is covered and 1 floor fan that aims at the wall so it can then travel around the lower canopy, as of up to now there's no rot or what looks like the start of rot as I check every few days.

yeah I highly recommend that Resinator for sure, it's worked wonders for them, I may just use it in my next grow which will be a oxy pot so I'm quite excited for that, I'm either using canna or remo if not decided yet.

I hope your fit and well!

Back
Top Bottom