Made some feed up today which contained:

0.40ml to 1L of Plant Magic Magne Cal
2ml to 1L BioBizz Root Juice
2ml to 1L BioBizz Bloom
0.40ml to 1L BioBizz Alg-A-Mic
2ml to 1L Advanced Nutrients B-52

PPM Total = 595 and PH Total = 6.3

I have 2 air pumps in at the moment and plan to feed tomorrow :).

Does this PPM total sound okay for soil in the end of week 2 nearly anyone?
Sorry, can't help you much. I never have seen the importance of measuring ppm in a soil grow so I have no idea how that works. Every soil nute I have ever used, indeed every soil additive I have ever used, has measured things in the 2m/L format, and the only time ppm is ever mentioned is if those same nutes or additives might be used in a hydro situation. The ?ml/L measurements you gave us did sound fairly reasonable though.

I have them around 3L each until a little run off, temps are still high just until this last co2 can runs out then I will have them going at around 23-25c.

There stretching pretty nicely, another week or so and I will do a trim, question is I have took some photos of the bud sites but they have large fan leaves and I don't know wether or not to take them off, what do people think?

Hey bro! Damn you've got loads going on, it's looking great in here! :yummy:
There stretching pretty nicely, another week or so and I will do a trim, question is I have took some photos of the bud sites but they have large fan leaves and I don't know wether or not to take them off, what do people think?
Alright so how i handle my defoliation - is a nice defol 2 weeks before flip to 12/12 to give it time to recover before bloom and that allows them to head into bloom with no tops being covered.
Then i wait for stretch to end and usually do my next defol around day 21. I find if i defol any time during stretch it actually slows the stretch down so i avoid removing anything during the first 3 weeks of 12/12.
After the day 21 defol, i do another one 3 weeks later probably around day 42.
After that they are usually well opened up for the rest of bloom, and i then let them do their thing besides removing a leaf here and there that drifts over some buds.

By looking at your canopy, i'd definitely start thinning it out a bit, removing a few leaves here and there gradually not to cause any stress to the plant. You can also wait for day 21, if you want to make sure you don't effect the stretch at all.

Hope that helped :passitleft:

I will wait till day 21 then do a defol, i should have trimmed before the flip but if you go back over the pictures the screen was barely full 2-3 weeks back but this strain is for sure a stretcher, i have the whole undergrowth to take away then the matter of the top half, im thinking about putting a hps up at the end of the screen as those cool hoods only stretch so far for light.

Want bud sites?! Lol.

It's safe to say that Gelato likes a stretch or 200%, maybe more.

I have put some silver reflective at the end to help the bud sites get the little more light, underneath could really do with trimming to help with airflow but we're at day 16 so the end of the week I will sort it :).

What do you think, my goal is 20oz?

looks pretty good. I would consider a trim on the leaves to get some light down under and a fan going strong.

Do you think I should remove those big fan leaves under the stems of bud sites as this will just leave the bud leaves?
Personally and firstly I would remove no more than approx 20% of the leaves from now till the 3 rd week of flower. The leaves to be removed would be fan leaves that are blocking light to the bud sites (so you could leave the fan leaves bellow the bud-sites that are not interfering with the light coming in to the bud sites) however I would leave a couple fan leaves below each bud site to help the plant do its photosynthesis. I don't know if that made any sense as I have had only a few sips of my coffee this am. As a note I have been adding to my watering Molasses to thicken stems and feed the soil and very happy with the results. Good luck with this grow......

Hello bud :).

I'm planning on removing everything from under the screen as it will be a waste of time plus I'm going to run a pipe around the base of pots on to a 6" fan to help airflow and cooling.

As for the top fan leaves it is quite difficult as like you said the plants need them to move forward but I will try my best and post some photos, I'm planning on trimming them Friday.

Here they are anyway :).

Looking really good bro! :yummy::morenutes:

I'm going to take these 9 out of this tent and put them in a 4x4 as the heat in side this 4x8 is a little too hard to keep on top of especially when my fans need to be on even louder than normal so my plan today is to give them a really good trim and try my hardest to remake the canopy in the 4x4, this is going to be fun .

Looking great in there brother - seems they are handling the heat well! :thumb:

I have two plants that never quite made the net so my plan is to transfer 7 over into my 4x4 which will have the same canopy and put my other 2 Gelato in a 1x1m tent with my other Barneys Farm and Sherbet Queen strains that are now in flower :).

Back
Top Bottom