First Time Grow - Blue Dream - Skywalker - Alien Dawg - Platinum Bubba Kush

your 5.9 gallon pots are large enough for you to flower in. when i am flowering i feed my plants 1 gallon of nutrient mixture every 3-4 days in a 5 gallon pot. it sounds like flushing was the correct course of action. when you go to flower flush your pots again, let the pots dry out and at the next watering introduce your flowering nutrients. now that you have flushed your plants you want to let your pots dry out for a few days then at the next watering re introduce nutrients. to flush your plants you need to pass at least twice the volume of the pot in pH adjusted water through them.

Hey John, yes I think the flushing helped. So let them dry out then reintroduce at 1/4 or 1/2 tsp per gal?

Should I wait till my girls are 2.5.ft before I flower?

Again thanks for any input.

Make sure they are bone dry before watering/feeding again. I would start flowering soon. They stretch quite a bit in flowering. Rather have some room to spare.

Hey John, yes I think the flushing helped. So let them dry out then reintroduce at 1/4 or 1/2 tsp per gal?

Should I wait till my girls are 2.5.ft before I flower?

Again thanks for any input.

I would try your plants on 1/2 strength and see how they handle it. I would say flower when your plants are no taller then 2'6". the largest determining factor will be when your shortest plant hopefully reaches 18"-24" and how tall your tallest plant will be at that height.

I would try your plants on 1/2 strength and see how they handle it. I would say flower when your plants are no taller then 2'6". the largest determining factor will be when your shortest plant hopefully reaches 18"-24" and how tall your tallest plant will be at that height.

Tallest is 18in and shortest is Poor little Plat Bubba at 11in. I am looking to take clones if I can this Monday, by then they should be all dry then do Big Grow and Big Bloom. Then start 12/12, sound about right? also ordering Hydrofarm FLT24 2-Feet/4-Tube T5 Commercial System with Bulbs from Amazon, had good reviews. Then all the other thank god small little knick knacks.

To all of you who have help me this far I just want to say thank you very much. I get better customer service here ;) ;)

Make sure they are bone dry before watering/feeding again. I would start flowering soon. They stretch quite a bit in flowering. Rather have some room to spare.

I need to read up but I would like to clone before I flower so I need to see how to work this. Hopefully I can clone then flower right away, but without reading up on it I am guessing its going to be a no go. Ok time to read up and thanks for the help.

Clone away its very easy. Pick a part near bottom of plant for quicker rooting and use a organic rooting gel. Go straight into soil. And use a cut pop bottle for a dome. I tried my first and looks like it took. Loads of info on here but the time is now my friend. Also cut leaves and strip nodes tearing down and also scrape the bottom green outer layer off stem to where you plant. Sorry all jumbled and you will have read all this and more by now so ill shut up. Good going though glad the flush worked.

Clone away its very easy. Pick a part near bottom of plant for quicker rooting and use a organic rooting gel. Go straight into soil. And use a cut pop bottle for a dome. I tried my first and looks like it took. Loads of info on here but the time is now my friend. Also cut leaves and strip nodes tearing down and also scrape the bottom green outer layer off stem to where you plant. Sorry all jumbled and you will have read all this and more by now so ill shut up. Good going though glad the flush worked.

Hey Light, I was going to get Clonex Gel, some Grodan Rockwool Cubes (1.5 Inches) 45 of them. Another Dome, so I will have 2 domes total. Ordered the T5 lighting from Amazon. Also only thinking of cloning Platinum Bubba Kush for sure (sexy clone girl costed me some duckets) Skywalker OG for sure along with Blue Dream. Alien Dawg and Obama OG I have no intentions on growing them but who knows.

Also before I forget, can anyone recommend something to hold the girls up once they are needing it? I saw those halo looking things at like Ace Hardware but not sure. Seeing how I took out the a/c the tent stays looking very buffy looking so much that I noticed the bars to slightly bend. I'm like oh shit but just took a bar from above that wasn't being used and placed it in the middle of the tent and its working. Reason I bring this up is that maybe I could make something with it. I would only need 2 more poles and string. Below u see the bar going across that I am talking about. As always thanks.

photo_1274.JPG

Also before I forget, can anyone recommend something to hold the girls up once they are needing it? I saw those halo looking things at like Ace Hardware but not sure. Seeing how I took out the a/c the tent stays looking very buffy looking so much that I noticed the bars to slightly bend. I'm like oh shit but just took a bar from above that wasn't being used and placed it in the middle of the tent and its working. Reason I bring this up is that maybe I could make something with it. I would only need 2 more poles and string. Below u see the bar going across that I am talking about. As always thanks.

photo_1274.JPG

Anyone?

The same for tomato plants if its really necessary or u could also do a scrog setup..... Your choice really

Anyone think if I lower my lights to 12 inches above the tallest plant and put it on 400 or even 360 that it would be more beneficial and also would slow the whole stretching thing to buy more time for me to clone? thanks for help

i would place your light at the closest distance you can run it at 600 watts. place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat from it and move it above your plants canopy at that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some charts with lumens Vs distance, they do not take heat into account.

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

Picture time

This one is just showing the top of tent so ppl can get a better idea of the height I have to work with.

photo_1277.JPG

Other 2 are the girls as of today 9-21-13

photo_4152.JPG

photo_3196.JPG

How long after flush is the pic, might take a little while to bounce back, also let them really dry out again before anymore feeding. If you want to stunt growth, you can either keep taking the top two fans off, (donpauls technique) or pinch the stem firmly at the top node or which ever node you want to stunt growth under. As for propping up and that spare pole you have, hang some coat hangers from it and then some garden twine from each bottom corner of hanger to the parts that need supporting. bit rough bodge job idea sorry bit stoned lol. Or just get some thin garden cane taped to your pots sides.

How long after flush is the pic, might take a little while to bounce back, also let them really dry out again before anymore feeding. If you want to stunt growth, you can either keep taking the top two fans off, (donpauls technique) or pinch the stem firmly at the top node or which ever node you want to stunt growth under. As for propping up and that spare pole you have, hang some coat hangers from it and then some garden twine from each bottom corner of hanger to the parts that need supporting. bit rough bodge job idea sorry bit stoned lol. Or just get some thin garden cane taped to your pots sides.

Heya Light, I Flushed on Wed (18 Sep) so its been 3 days. Also I should of mentioned that when I flushed it looked like I needed to add more soil. So I added FFOF to most of them come to think of it. So do you think I should still be seeing Nute burnt leaves? that clawing looking thing looks odd. The fans look like little minnie me's, and just look like the fans want to close up.

Ewww more pics ;)

ALien Dawg has 1 fan leaf looking like this, the other 2 pics are the way the stem is growing. By the way, yes I see the dead burnt leaves and I swear it seems like I just cleaned them up.

photo_1278.JPG

photo_3197.JPG

This pic the stem is extremely crooked, I know. Just ended up getting that way.

photo_4153.JPG

Back
Top Bottom