4twenty4all's New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains 2011

One picture I thought was worthy to re-post today. I hope you like it as much as my wife does. She is not a cannabis enthusiast either. Oh well, not everyone is perfect ;-) hehe This is one of the side buds on the Maui plant.
IMG_001023.JPG

Mann...what a sight...what strain is that again...now i would made a color photo of that...using my printer and photo paper...thats a pretty sight...

Thanks! That's what my wife said too. It's Maui

One picture I thought was worthy to re-post today. I hope you like it as much as my wife does. She is not a cannabis enthusiast either. Oh well, not everyone is perfect ;-) hehe This is one of the side buds on the Maui plant.
IMG_001023.JPG

That's an awesome looking bud, Bro! :welldone:

Thank you! I just went outside to check them out at night again. The smell kicks you in the face. Then just looking at them makes me feel so at peace, I swear it is therapy alone, and Aroma Therapy is the added bonus. I LOVE LOVE LOVE, my hobby. It sucks I have to deal with severe constant nerve pain, but it is worth it because did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, my hobby?
:circle-of-love::party::party:

Re: 4twenty4all’s New Grow Room - Soil Drain-To-Waste - Multiple Strains – 2011

Gonna get cold tonight! Lows should be around 35 from the average of all the news stations. I hope my girls will be okay tonight because I didn't cover them. At least I'm planning on a cut next week or so, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to cut them tomorrow because the cold got them.

Gonna get cold tonight! Lows should be around 35 from the average of all the news stations. I hope my girls will be okay tonight because I didn't cover them. At least I'm planning on a cut next week or so, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to cut them tomorrow because the cold got them.

That's cold!!! You may have some purplish tint to your leaves after a few nights that low...I have flowered in the cold before and got some really nice purple colors...low temp P deficiency but they tasted excellent and looked cool so it was all good ;)

That's cold!!! You may have some purplish tint to your leaves after a few nights that low...I have flowered in the cold before and got some really nice purple colors...low temp P deficiency but they tasted excellent and looked cool so it was all good ;)

The Maui and Banana Kush have been starting to show some purple already. I let them go last night but decided to cover them today since it has been drizzling and will now be raining most of the day and evening.

I also was busy transplanting the small seedlings and decided to throw them in the room with 1000's so they can get bigger faster. I'll veg for about two weeks with these and then flip to 12/12. I may change out two of the hps bulbs for mh bulbs for the next couple of weeks. Here are a few pics, not pretty, but trying to get there....

My lean to shelter I built for $14 this morning.
IMG_031312.JPG

My new transplants in the scrog room:
IMG_03148.JPG

IMG_031512.JPG

Sorry this one is crooked.
IMG_03167.JPG

More updates later.

It looks fantastic!! The only thing I would suggest, is opening up the bottom, so there is a draft. That way, there will be less chance of mold. :bravo: :thumb: GREAT JOB!!

Beat ya to it, the bottom is open all the way around. They were wet when I got around to putting on the plastic. But you are right, I am going to air them out as soon as I can for sure! You are on top of it :Namaste:

I am late to notice your grow! You have a very impressive set up! Wow! Great advice on the trimming of leaves during the 5th to 6th week of flower....I will definately try that on my current grow!!
I notice you have the airpots. Same brand I plan on using. How do you like them compared to the hard sided pots?
And best of all! Your results speak for themselves. Plants look Awesome!!! I am glad I stumbled on your journal! :Namaste:

I am late to notice your grow! You have a very impressive set up! Wow! Great advice on the trimming of leaves during the 5th to 6th week of flower....I will definately try that on my current grow!!
I notice you have the airpots. Same brand I plan on using. How do you like them compared to the hard sided pots?
And best of all! Your results speak for themselves. Plants look Awesome!!! I am glad I stumbled on your journal! :Namaste:

I am very glad to have you, thank you! I have mixed feelings..... I notice that there is a solid root ball with the airpots and when you look at the ball the ends do not turn back in like they advertise, at least not mine. They stop and new ones must start from the main root or branch off from an existing root. I don't know if this is good or not....

I know my plants in hard sided pots have beautiful white fuzzy roots with many secondary roots and those have secondary roots as well. Again, not sure if it makes a difference. I think the airpots allow more airflow to the roots; But, if this provides more yield, I haven't noticed.

I am only using the airpots because I had them. I am going to buy the throw away black/white poly pots at like thirth or so cents a piece. You don't have to wash them :) The roots always come out of the bottom of these and they are white as hell. So, I'm sticking with them in the future.

Thanks for the info! That is interesting what you say about the airpots. I wonder why the roots would end up in a ball. When I grew hydro using the bucket system the roots would grow into a large ball also. I already have the airpots so I still might use them. I hate to waste anything. I might look into the diposable pots also. White is a great color. One thing I hate at the end of a grow is the clean up!! :thumb:

I'm with you on the cleanup. That's why I'm thinking of the throw away poly bags. They are cheap and you don't have to clean them. The airpots are a pain to clean and I really don't know if there is a benefit in yield at all.

:popcorn:

Just got caught up - those colas on your outdoor plants are freaking amazing! I love the pic next to the 4" downspout. Wow.

Oh, those look like some great indoor upgrades, too. Very clean and thought out. :thumb:

:popcorn:

Just got caught up - those colas on your outdoor plants are freaking amazing! I love the pic next to the 4" downspout. Wow.

Oh, those look like some great indoor upgrades, too. Very clean and thought out. :thumb:

Thanks! I am a little amazed too, I love them. The weather is nicer today and dryer so I took off the lean to shelter so they could breath. The big one is finishing faster than I originally thought. She may come down this week with the Banana Kushes. So, my original hopes of her becoming massive with another few weeks growth is not looking good. I think she is about as big as she is gonna get. Thanks for the kind words on the setup too.

Your a great grower my friend and now I will be around if I may? :welldone: +reps and 5th star
:420:
"If you may" What??? I am more than honored to have you poking around my journal, thank you. I am humbled to have a grower with your skills saying I am a great grower. Thank you! I just hope not to screw up the indoor ;-)

Well it looks like I'm going to start the hard work now..... The Banana Kush plants and the Grape God and Purple Nepal are ready. I'll start today and work on them. The others will be ready by the time I get these done. I might mix it up and wet trim some of them (cutting the leaves within about 1/4in of the bud, then hang or screen dry) and dry trim some (just pull the big leaves off and hang for about 2 weeks then de-stem and knock off the excess leaves with your fingers). I have found both to work well, I think the dry trim is a little easier though.

Here are two pics of 3 of the plants I got down so far. I have 5 to go.
It is a little bit wider than this, about half as much.
IMG_004921.JPG

This is how wide it is. Looks like they may be between 12 and 16 oz dry for each plant. Just a wild ass guess, I'll let you know for sure.
IMG_005116.JPG

Great Haul!! I bet that rooms smells very nice!! Great guess on the weight. You might even end up with more!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom