With a $12000+p/a Script - I Need To Grow a Little

I ran with autos for my first run in about 25 years as well and then moved on -to phots, however I just started an outdoor auto gro, trying to get the last of summer haha. Those strains you chose should be great and help you with what you need them too. Good choices
So what made you change from auto’s to photo’s?

I've grown autos and photos (my last two grows). They're both cannabis hybrids. The only differences I've found stems from autos going into flower automatically and they seem to grow a lot faster. I haven't measured growth rates so that's just an impression. Other than that, I've grown them using the same techniques - top, LST, give them as few nutrients as are needed to keep them in the "sufficiency zone", remove as few leaves as are needed to maintain the health of the plant, and give them lots of light.
G’day mate
With the auto’s, are the thc levels roughly the same photo’s?

So what made you change from auto’s to photo’s?
Control over when the plant goes into flower and bigger plants, though I’ve seen some really big autos they tend to be smaller.

As for THC levels, auto/photo doesn’t make a difference. It’s all about strain, growing conditions and when you harvest them :)

G’day mate

they are closer now but it is strain, breeder, and pheno dependent. ruderalis is the plant bred into the line making it an auto and they don't produce thc, it's the contribution from the sativa / indica lines that bring what you want.

Control over when the plant goes into flower and bigger plants, though I’ve seen some really big autos they tend to be smaller.

As for THC levels, auto/photo doesn’t make a difference. It’s all about strain, growing conditions and when you harvest them :)
Cool, I read some funny things about auto’s. there must be some haters out there.😂

they are closer now but it is strain, breeder, and pheno dependent. ruderalis is the plant bred into the line making it an auto and they don't produce thc, it's the contribution from the sativa / indica lines that bring what you want.
Yeah right, interesting🧐

Cool, I read some funny things about auto’s. there must be some haters out there.😂
Blutter hit it on the nose. I think that there used to be quality issues with autos that gave them a bad wrap.

To each their own so long as your having fun and filling jars :)

Blutter hit it on the nose. I think that there used to be quality issues with autos that gave them a bad wrap.

early autos didn't have as many generations of plants behind it. the breeders have had a lot more time to develop the strains now. as a result they have gotten much better over the last decade.

early autos were a bit of a disaster and a lot of us older guys simply stayed away because of it.

G’day mate
Yes, though THC content varies from strain to strain.

From what I gather, many years ago, autos were quite underpowered but I've never run into that. I was reading a write up on 2Fast4Buds and one of their autos is weighing in at 29,8%. Pretty wild. I grew my first autos in 2021 so I don't have any experience with "the bad old days" (well, other than my newbie screwups).

What I've come to see just this year is proof that the key for retaining cannabinoids is to drop temperatures to < 78* after the second week of flower and, loosely speaking, the cooler the better. Based on the research (check out Mitch Westmoreland's two videos on You Tube), I've had my tent temps at least 5° too high but I'm changing my grow environment to fix that.

"Control over when the plant goes into flower" - that's what did it for me. I've grown autos that are 4' + but they operate on their own schedule. With photos, you can do a short veg and keep them small. Autos just keep going.

There's one hiding on the left and the monstrous one taking over the rest of the tent.
IMG_7283.jpeg

Donkey Dick.jpeg

A photo. Much easier to work with.

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0176.jpeg

simple genetics. read up a bit on ruderalis. there'd be no autos without it.
Yeah I should have a read one day, I’d heard of ruderails before but never really got into the technical aspect of it all.
Cheers

early autos didn't have as many generations of plants behind it. the breeders have had a lot more time to develop the strains now. as a result they have gotten much better over the last decade.

early autos were a bit of a disaster and a lot of us older guys simply stayed away because of it.
Fair enough 👍

Yes, though THC content varies from strain to strain.

From what I gather, many years ago, autos were quite underpowered but I've never run into that. I was reading a write up on 2Fast4Buds and one of their autos is weighing in at 29,8%. Pretty wild. I grew my first autos in 2021 so I don't have any experience with "the bad old days" (well, other than my newbie screwups).

What I've come to see just this year is proof that the key for retaining cannabinoids is to drop temperatures to < 78* after the second week of flower and, loosely speaking, the cooler the better. Based on the research (check out Mitch Westmoreland's two videos on You Tube), I've had my tent temps at least 5° too high but I'm changing my grow environment to fix that.
Cheers mate
Thanks for your time and knowledge
Thanks 👍

"Control over when the plant goes into flower" - that's what did it for me. I've grown autos that are 4' + but they operate on their own schedule. With photos, you can do a short veg and keep them small. Autos just keep going.

There's one hiding on the left and the monstrous one taking over the rest of the tent.
IMG_7283.jpeg

Donkey Dick.jpeg

A photo. Much easier to work with.

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0176.jpeg
Nice, really nice :lot-o-toke:

Little midweek update, yesterday morning I did a water change and bumped up the nutrients to 1ml per litre and turned the light up to 40%. F&@k me, 36 hours later the little buggers have doubled in size. Oh well they must’ve been waiting for it. 👍

Back
Top Bottom