Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

This loadshedding is killing us!!! We need to start investing in solar to keep the grows going but solar is so exspensive in SA. Your plants looks amazing Carmen! Great work

Looking good in the hood Carmen! Sorry about the load shedding hours going up, but if you can make sure the photoperiod plants are by the window then you shouldn't have to worry about them flowering. As long as there's some light during their lights-on time they won't flip.

In terms of the airy buds, some varieties just grow that way, but not getting them enough lux/ppfd/par/DLI will take its toll on the size and density of the flowers.
Thank you Shed. I have another CK seed so I hope to get better bud next time around.
Or even turn the lights on for an hour or so in the middle of the dark cycle. The plants need at least 10 or so consecutive dark hours to flip, although most of us do 12 to be safe.
Thanks Azi. I have them on 24/7 except when the lights go off for "loadshedding". Today that is 2.5 hours off then 2 hours on, then 2.5 hours off, then 2 on and so on...
The buds are looking really nice Carmen. What a shame about that little lizard, so beautiful looking.
Thank you Stunger.
This loadshedding is killing us!!! We need to start investing in solar to keep the grows going but solar is so exspensive in SA. Your plants looks amazing Carmen! Great work
It's a disaster Skottelgoed. As you know, most of the people in this country are dirt poor and can't even dream of solar power. Most of us can't afford generators or deep cycle batteries either. Factories cannot operate like this. Machines break as a result. It is indeed killing us. I don't know how working parents manage meals and homework with their children. Thank you for the encouragement with the plants.

:peace: Peace out and have a great day y'all.

Your plants look great, Carmen! I'm happy the leaf issue appears to have been resolved. I find it hard to believe the CK is done after only 39 days in flower. Did you check the trichomes?

I don't know how anyone could grow inside in SA with all the blackouts. Good on you for doing it despite the problems. That's the one good thing about autos, that they're not dependent on a certain light schedule.

My photo plants are on a baker's rack in our Great Room. The lights go off from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. but Felonious is often up with lights on in the Great Room until midnight or 1 in the morning and they don't seem to mind.

Sorry about the chameleon. I love reptiles so it's sad that this one died. :rip:

That's the one good thing about autos, that they're not dependent on a certain light schedule.
That is one of their many pros. I will definitely try more autos. I think my next grow will be next year though, as I have commitments that prevent more growing this year.
Did you check the trichomes?
From the pics I can see that there are buds that are looking cloudier whilst others are still shooting pistils and showing clear trichs. I don't think she'll be ready for another week or so. If I go according to the grow info it says 8 to 9 weeks of flowering time and 10 to 11 total crop time. She has done almost 6 weeks of flower and almost 9 total crop time. I have a hard time actually seeing the trichs. I have a loupe but I find it impossible to use. I think I will possibly go by when she stops drinking but I don't know for sure yet. She took another 2 L today. I am happy to take advice on this! :)
I love reptiles so it's sad that this one died. :rip:
This little fellow was my garden friend for over a year. Thank you HG

Give the little lizard a viking send off..... But your plant babies are looking great and the nugz frosty... Great job Carmen.
:green_heart: Thank you Happy
Oh, then you'll be fine with keeping the photo's from flowering.
Thanks Azi, that puts my mind at rest to an extent. What about hermying? They look like cute little vegging photos atm and I am hoping that they stay happily vegging until the autos are done and then they will get daylight hours only.

Thanks Azi, that puts my mind at rest to an extent. What about hermying? They look like cute little vegging photos atm and I am hoping that they stay happily vegging until the autos are done and then they will get daylight hours only.
We are talking photos's here right? If so, the hermie thing is mostly a flowering stress. While in veg those hormones aren't triggered yet.

Loupes are easier to use if you hold it up to the camera on your phone (or use rubber bands to hold it there like I do) and either look at the images on the screen, or take pics and zoom in. You can put them on your computer too.
Even just looking at it on the phone is quite a bit better than holding it to your eye.

It seems I am not able to do that with my phone and loupe :rolleyes: I have an old Huawei P20 Pro phone and when I put the loupe up to the lenses, the phone tells me not to cover the lenses LOL! My loupe is shaped like this one.

KINGMAS Pocket Jewelry Loupe 30x 21mm Jewelers Eye Magnifying Glass Magnifier

1664478368617.png

I have a great zoom feature on the phone but my tremor makes it very hit and miss, more miss than hit lol. I will try with the macro lens and tripod. I can see the trichs if I zoom in on the computer :)

@Azimuth thank you for putting me straight on the plant biology!

It seems I am not able to do that with my phone and loupe :rolleyes: I have an old Huawei P20 Pro phone and when I put the loupe up to the lenses, the phone tells me not to cover the lenses LOL! My loupe is shaped like this one. I have a great zoom feature on the phone but my tremor makes it very hit and miss, more miss than hit lol. I will try with the macro lens and tripod. I can see the trichs if I zoom in on the computer :)

@Azimuth thank you for putting me straight on the plant biology!
Ahh. Sorry, I was thinking of a single lens camera.

CK Trichomes 30 June 2022: This is where they are at the moment. I would say clear to milky. What do you think?

DSC_8162-Edit.JPG
DSC_8169-Edit.JPG

I say those are beautiful trichome pics of beautiful trichomes that will be even more beautiful in a couple of weeks!
2 even LOL, I was thinking one week but if it needs two then 2 she shall have :cheesygrinsmiley: Do you think the buds might still fill out a bit over the next two weeks?

They certainly should!

I went with two because I don't even see a hint of amber on the leaves yet. and lots of clear. I've been wrong on timing before but it's not like you won't be checking them all the time in the meanwhile. :)
Yes there won't be a lack of checking :) You're probably right about the time and I was in denial lol... I'll be well pleased if they fatten up a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom