Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Looking good carmen!! Nice job!
Thank you Skottelgoed! Nice to see you :)
Hi @Carmen Ray - sorry man I had some catching up to do…trim jail. Dude everything looks great! You are not overwatering! You’re alternating between nutes and water! No issues present. Awesome. You should be close to uppot fairly soon. Before that you’ll be watering to runoff, right? So far so good, excellent work.
Thank you for the guidance with the watering Jon. I watered the two seedlings to run-off today. I had lost track a bit but I think this was the right thing to do?
Looking great growmie.... Glad all is well...no we just need to get on the shibari with that little lady ;)
Haha, the shibari will likely happen with the 2 photos... this little lady is going to get a loose reign. Thank you growmie!

Sunday 19 June UPDATE

AUTOS

Caramel King
48 Days AG, 29 Days In Flower 29 cm tall / 11 inches tall

Watered with nutes to run off 3.5 L / 1 gallon 17th June and 1.5 L / 0.264 gallons plain water today.
CK Stacked 2 19 June.jpg

Lavender Best 33 Days AG, 10 Days In Flower 34 cm /13 inches tall

Watered with nutes to run off 3. L / 0.79 gallon on 15th June and 1.5 L / 0.264 gallons plain water today.
LB Stacked 19  June.jpg

PHOTOS
Bruce Banner 2
15 Days AG, 9cm /3 .5 inches tall

Still alternating 3 Syringes of water / 3 syringes nute water given every 3 days. Watered to run off today 4 syringes.

DSC_7810.JPG

Wedding Cake 15 Days AG, 7 cm / 2.5 inches tall
Still alternating 3 Syringes of water / 3 syringes nute water given every 3 days. Watered to run off today 4 syringes.
DSC_7811.JPG

Thank you for looking in and have a great Sunday!

CK Stacked 19 June.jpg

They're rolling right along Carmen!

CK looks tasty! :yummy:

Sunday 19 June UPDATE

AUTOS

Caramel King
48 Days AG, 29 Days In Flower 29 cm tall / 11 inches tall

Watered with nutes to run off 3.5 L / 1 gallon 17th June and 1.5 L / 0.264 gallons plain water today.
CK Stacked 2 19 June.jpg

Lavender Best 33 Days AG, 10 Days In Flower 34 cm /13 inches tall

Watered with nutes to run off 3. L / 0.79 gallon on 15th June and 1.5 L / 0.264 gallons plain water today.
LB Stacked 19  June.jpg

PHOTOS
Bruce Banner 2
15 Days AG, 9cm /3 .5 inches tall

DSC_7810.JPG

Wedding Cake 15 Days AG, 7 cm / 2.5 inches tall
DSC_7811.JPG

Thank you for looking in and have a great Sunday!

CK Stacked 19 June.jpg
Hi @Carmen Ray - everything is looking solid! Yes, all your plants are large enough related to their containers that all should be runoff. Might want to find something less cumbersome than the syringe soon. Lol. So next time you water the seedlings, do this: water the entire medium until it’s soaked and dripping out the bottom. Then watch the pot. Maybe make a note of the time. When that pot gets dry in 24-36 hours, you’re ready to up pot. Make sense?

Thank You, Carmen!

Thank you for letting us!
Autos (and photos) are looking very nice today!
:green_heart:
Good job Carmen :)

They look great and your photography is just grand :)
Thanks Tra! :)
you’re ready to up pot
Thanks Jon. I make notes daily and I usually have a good sense of when and how to up pot. In this instance I have no choice but to wait until I have the pots and soil either later this week or early next. It should be fine. They will go another week I am sure :)

Tuesday 21 June UPDATE

AUTOS
Caramel King
and Lavender Best, the two autos are 7 and 5 weeks old respectively. They both got 2 Litres of nute water this morning. I removed some of the books from the stack that are keeping the Lavender Best close to the light as she had stretched a bit more. She is now level-ish with the Caramel King.

PHOTOPERIODS
Bruce Banner #2
and
Wedding Cake, the two photos are both 19 days old. I got lucky this morning because my pots arrived and I was able to up-pot to 5 Litre / 1 gal. They are square plastic pots on legs, like the ones I used to use with coco-perlite grows. I hope that a month is enough time to establish a strong root structure in there before an up-pot to the 20 L / 5 gal fabric pots? Do you folk think this is doable? I want to veg until end July and then flower.

DSC_7871-Edit.JPG

DSC_7869-Edit.JPG

LEAF ISSUES
All four of my plants have had leaf issues in this soil. Asking around about the cause has not produced definitive answers. It's possible the soil is too hot for seedlings. It is also possible that the cold weather causes a nute lockout. I doubt it is a watering issue as I have followed @Jon's method for starting seedlings and I know I haven't over or under watered with these two. The autos grew out of it. I hope the photos do too.
DSC_7860.JPG
DSC_7862.JPG

Thank you for taking an interest in my grow and for knowledge and wisdom shared :green_heart:

Gee Carmen, that makes me happy just looking at it too! :yummy:
Thank you Stunger, it is a good feeling! :)
Looks yummy! :drool:
Thank Mel, I can't wait... she smells of caramel and is sticky sticky sticky :)
What a bounce back Carmen! That plants are looking great!
Thank you so much Skottelgoed! I see we have a bit of rain predicted for Thursday but then quite warm, sunny days the rest of next week. I hope the dams are getting enough.
:nomo:....oh hey....have a great day:ciao:
Thank you Happy :) you too!

Thank you Stunger, it is a good feeling! :)

Thank Mel, I can't wait... she smells of caramel and is sticky sticky sticky :)

Thank you so much Skottelgoed! I see we have a bit of rain predicted for Thursday but then quite warm, sunny days the rest of next week. I hope the dams are getting enough.

Thank you Happy :) you too!
Yeah saw they predicting some rain. Dams must just fill up. Its bad whats happening the eastern cape. Its already cloudy by us but not really cold. We have a weird winter season this year hey...

I hope that a month is enough time to establish a strong root structure in there before an up-pot to the 20 L / 5 gal fabric pots? Do you folk think this is doable? I want to veg until end July and then flower.
Quite doable, Carmen.

Sounds like a good plan to me, and I know a "good plan" when I see one. You can ask anyone! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom