Vivosun: This April, Meet The Future Of Growing

Very impressive @VIVOSUN

Can't wait to see one in action.
I have personally been using the prototype light, I can't wait until we are able to share everything. You can link these lights together to make the ultimate grow light. All controlled by the one hub.

No mention of what LEDs are being used?

When the light meets the airflow. Stay tuned.
Reddit_ 1600 x 480 for mobile.jpg

Doggone it, lol. I was hoping that you meant it would be an LED grow light with duct flanges on two sides, for connection to an exhaust fan setup, like that commercial(?) product from Amare Technologies several years back. No one bought the thing because its price was approaching Winter beater money - but the concept was sound, and not everyone wishes to run both the heat produced by their electrical devices and the odor produced by their plants "through the same circuit," as it were (for multiple reasons).

It looks kind of shiny, though, so I'll definitely read up on it and - if that cell phone app isn't Chinese-controlled - will consider adding it to my list of things I can recommend to the many people who sometimes ask me for advice in such matters.

BtW, is that fan easily user-replaceable, so that if/when it ends up failing (as fans sometimes do), the gardener can simply run down to the local computer/etc. store, buy a replacement of the appropriate size/capacity, and do the swap instead of having to be without one of their grow lights while it gets shipped back to the company, repaired, and returned? Because not everyone has at least backup light source for emergencies (although everyone who runs an indoor garden should!).

I already use you 3&1 system.

Do you get a total barrier to light leaks / contamination with that internal divider? I've considered multi-section tents a time or two in the past, but the ones I looked at just used velcro on that piece instead of a zipper with flaps, and I had grave concerns about it.

Do you get a total barrier to light leaks / contamination with that internal divider? I've considered multi-section tents a time or two in the past, but the ones I looked at just used velcro on that piece instead of a zipper with flaps, and I had grave concerns about it.
I don't have any leak of light. The windows with Velcro at all , don't have any leakage of light at all.

They have arrived! The AeroLight, The GrowHub Controller and App, and the AeroZesh are here!
1f44f.png

We are so happy to announce our next generation of devices for the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System, the all-in-one system for automated growing, and we want you to join us on this journey!

We're offering a limited time early bird special for our followers so share with your friends and pick them up yourself—this is going to change the way you grow!

Thank you all for being with us, we appreciate everyone who has given us support and feedback. That is why we are so excited about the new VIVOSUN!

Happy 4/20!
2764.png

Presale link
1f449.png
VIVOSUN

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow #growyourown #horticulture #indoorgarden #growtent #growlights #AeroLight #Growhub #AeroZesh
See less
278612061_1724643561201103_3356729611795891705_n.jpg

lol 250 bucks for a 100w light with LM301B diodes
That looks like $250 for the whole kit….

I haven’t found much information saying the LM301Hs are much better if at all than the B lines.

Wish I hadn't just
I haven’t found much information saying the LM301Hs are much better if at all than the B lines.

Maybe 4% to 6% more efficiency - or no difference at all, other than in which specifications are prioritized in the ads - depending on who you ask.

On the other hand, the newer LM301H Evo diodes are definitely an improvement. The LED chip and phosphor have been developed specifically for horticultural use. It uses a 435-nanometer LED instead of a 450-nanometer one. And there is a "Mint White" version which has a reduced red component. That allows them to narrow the output, so to speak, for both better efficiency and, likely as not, a better spectral profile in the range that it does produce. It's meant to be paired with a separate "red" output diode - such as the LM351H. The red diodes are highly efficient (over over 4 µmol/Joule in some cases); they do not require a phosphor conversion and, therefore, do not have the associated efficiency loss.

I am somewhat disappointed to see that this new LED panel does not use a combination of LM301H Evo and LM351H diodes. However, I am not really surprised - and this is not a knock against the company, but instead a nod to reality. If someone is going to build a lighting product for their own garden, they can buy whatever the latest and greatest is, and assemble it from the components when they arrive. A company, OtOH, hopes to manufacture thousands of the things. It will almost certainly have had agreements in place with its suppliers for some time before the product ever reaches the market. <SHRUGS> It's like just about anything else that is not a one-off, there's going to be a lead time. One does hope that Vivosun's future LED products will have the newer-generation diodes, though.

I recently picked up one of AC Infinity's "Ionboard" LED panels, and learned that it uses the LM301B diodes, even though it is also a (relatively) recent. I could have wished for LM301H Evo diodes in it (and did so wish :rolleyes: ) - but, again, realities of manufacturing.

That recent acquisition means that I won't be hoping to get my hands on one of Vivosun's new grow lights (insufficient electrical capacity, insufficient room in the garden space... insufficient money ;) ). But I hope to see some other members get them, and show the rest of us what the products are capable of producing. . . .

Wish I hadn't just

Maybe 4% to 6% more efficiency - or no difference at all, other than in which specifications are prioritized in the ads - depending on who you ask.

On the other hand, the newer LM301H Evo diodes are definitely an improvement. The LED chip and phosphor have been developed specifically for horticultural use. It uses a 435-nanometer LED instead of a 450-nanometer one. And there is a "Mint White" version which has a reduced red component. That allows them to narrow the output, so to speak, for both better efficiency and, likely as not, a better spectral profile in the range that it does produce. It's meant to be paired with a separate "red" output diode - such as the LM351H. The red diodes are highly efficient (over over 4 µmol/Joule in some cases); they do not require a phosphor conversion and, therefore, do not have the associated efficiency loss.

I am somewhat disappointed to see that this new LED panel does not use a combination of LM301H Evo and LM351H diodes. However, I am not really surprised - and this is not a knock against the company, but instead a nod to reality. If someone is going to build a lighting product for their own garden, they can buy whatever the latest and greatest is, and assemble it from the components when they arrive. A company, OtOH, hopes to manufacture thousands of the things. It will almost certainly have had agreements in place with its suppliers for some time before the product ever reaches the market. <SHRUGS> It's like just about anything else that is not a one-off, there's going to be a lead time. One does hope that Vivosun's future LED products will have the newer-generation diodes, though.

I recently picked up one of AC Infinity's "Ionboard" LED panels, and learned that it uses the LM301B diodes, even though it is also a (relatively) recent. I could have wished for LM301H Evo diodes in it (and did so wish :rolleyes: ) - but, again, realities of manufacturing.

That recent acquisition means that I won't be hoping to get my hands on one of Vivosun's new grow lights (insufficient electrical capacity, insufficient room in the garden space... insufficient money ;) ). But I hope to see some other members get them, and show the rest of us what the products are capable of producing. . . .
that's why i was disappointed in them not using current technology

Back
Top Bottom