Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Good morning folks.

It's Day 43 for my youngsters and they'll be getting flipped today.

They're all fairly short:

Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (left) = 8 inches
Slurricane (center) = 11 inches
Forbidden Fruit (right) = 9 inches

I'm really curious to see if the GPxBB will stretch very much. If she doubles in height she'll be a whopping 16 inches tall and I'll need more than a normal ruler to measure her!

Babes 8-1-2333 D43 Flip Day.jpg

--------------------------------

Now I've had my fair share of botched germinations but this time around it's like I was being assisted by Moe, Curly and Larry!

Except for the Fat Bastard#1, all of my seeds either emerged with problems or didn't emerge at all. At this point it looks like I'll get 5 of them to survive and there's an outside chance I'll get six.

Fat Bastard#1 -- problem free.
FB1 8-1-23.JPG

FB#2 -- Had to remove her helmet (easy) and her membrane (not so easy)
FB2 8-1-23.JPG

Sour G#1-- same as FB#2
SG1 8-1-23.JPG

SG#2 -- same as FB#2 except that I ripped off one of her cotelydons getting her membrane off.
SG2 8-1-23.JPG

Cosmic Lights -- same as FB#2. I'm pretty sure I got her membrane completely removed but she remains closed up like a clam.
Cosmic 8-1-23.JPG

The second Cosmic Lights never emerged and that was no real surprise because she had no tap root when I buried her.

The 2 Skunk Specials were the last to emerge and they were truly unfortunate to end up with me as their owner. By the time they appeared my patience was on the wane and I proceeded to mutilate them both while trying to remove their membranes. There's an outside chance that one of them will survive. I won't post a pic of that one because it's too graphic in nature! :)

So it looks like 5 (or perhaps I should say "4.5") will be the number.

------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

I need to go show these Stooges to the door.:straightface:

PEACE.

@Melville Hobbes and @gwhunran please come back and take another peek at that post. You viewed it when it was a one-liner and I accidently hit the "post" button. There's more meat on the sandwich now!

Good morning folks.

It's Day 43 for my youngsters and they'll be getting flipped today.

They're all fairly short:

Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (left) = 8 inches
Slurricane (center) = 11 inches
Forbidden Fruit (right) = 9 inches

I'm really curious to see if the GPxBB will stretch very much. If she doubles in height she'll be a whopping 16 inches tall and I'll need more than a normal ruler to measure her!

Babes 8-1-2333 D43 Flip Day.jpg

--------------------------------

Now I've had my fair share of botched germinations but this time around it's like I was being assisted by Moe, Curly and Larry!

Except for the Fat Bastard#1, all of my seeds either emerged with problems or didn't emerge at all. At this point it looks like I'll get 5 of them to survive and there's an outside chance I'll get six.

Fat Bastard#1 -- problem free.
FB1 8-1-23.JPG

FB#2 -- Had to remove her helmet (easy) and her membrane (not so easy)
FB2 8-1-23.JPG

Sour G#1-- same as FB#2
SG1 8-1-23.JPG

SG#2 -- same as FB#2 except that I ripped off one of her cotelydons getting her membrane off.
SG2 8-1-23.JPG

Cosmic Lights -- same as FB#2. I'm pretty sure I got her membrane completely removed but she remains closed up like a clam.
Cosmic 8-1-23.JPG

The second Cosmic Lights never emerged and that was no real surprise because she had no tap root when I buried her.

The 2 Skunk Specials were the last to emerge and they were truly unfortunate to end up with me as their owner. By the time they appeared my patience was on the wane and I proceeded to mutilate them both while trying to remove their membranes. There's an outside chance that one of them will survive. I won't post a pic of that one because it's too graphic in nature! :)

So it looks like 5 (of perhaps I should say "4.5") will be the number.

------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

I need to go show these Stooges to the door.:straightface:

PEACE.
You really have had some bum luck with the germination. Holding thumbs for full recoveries all round, and that the missing cotyledon will not even be noticed. I'm always amazed at how much these plants can withstand. No beating yourself up. Bury them deeper next time :green_heart:

How in the heck do you find that stuff, Shed?
Would of taken me an hour to track that one down... :oops:

I'm pretty sure I got her membrane completely removed but she remains closed up like a clam.
And there's a little leaf growing out from between the closed up cotyledons- I haven't seen that before...

Congrats on the five sprouts, looking good so far! :bravo:

How in the heck do you find that stuff, Shed?
Would of taken me an hour to track that one down... :oops:

And there's a little leaf growing out from between the closed up cotyledons- I haven't seen that before...
She sticking her tongue out at me! :)

You really have had some bum luck with the germination. Holding thumbs for full recoveries all round, and that the missing cotyledon will not even be noticed. I'm always amazed at how much these plants can withstand. No beating yourself up. Bury them deeper next time :green_heart:
No beating up going on here Carmen. I only sweat the big stuff and nearly everything in life is small stuff! :)

I like public things like that a lot! Everybody wins.

Good luck with the new brood bro! Love the genetics!
:party::happy-birthday::party:
Yep. I think the artists love the reception they get too! :bravo:

Good evening all.

I flipped my group yesterday on their day 43. I like to post a pic of them on Flip Day 1 just to have it for the record.

Serenity 8-3-23 F1.jpg

The Slurricane (middle) is on her 31st day of Grow Dots and looks like she's enjoying herself. But I'll be keeping an eye out for yellowing leaves because the Dots will fade over time and need help (I think).

The little Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner and the Forbidden Fruit (right) are both on Prescription Blend, still getting the veg dosage along with Myco+ (3-0-3).

-------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

That’s a funny one, huh?! Makes me wonder if there was a piece of membrane at the tip of the cotys?
She sticking her tongue out at me! :)
😂 Totally! Did the cotys open up all the way for you? Congrats on the new babies! 🥳

That’s a funny one, huh?! Makes me wonder if there was a piece of membrane at the tip of the cotys?

😂 Totally! Did the cotys open up all the way for you? Congrats on the new babies! 🥳
Thanks HH.

She's slowly spreading her wings. Here she is this morning:
Cosmic 8-3-23 F2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom