Viparspectra Redux: GDB's Serenity Grow

Good evening all.

Here's a few pics from the Serenity group on their Flip + 50. Not much has changed and I guess that's a good thing.
Serenity 9-20-23 F50 tent.jpg

Slurricane (front left in the pic - her buds are getting quite hard):
Slur 9-20-23 F5.jpg

Grandaddy Purple x Bruce Banner (front right in the pic - her buds are getting quite fat):
GPxBB 9-20-23 F5.jpg

Forbidden Fruit (her buds are getting quite tall):
FF 9-20-23 F6.JPG

And that's my quick update of the night.

Sleep well.

PEACE

Highya GDB,

Congratulations on the beans arrivals! Looks like some very nice strains. Krissi's growing G-13 and says it's a one hit wonder. I was wondering if it would be similar to Cement Shoes? I know you don't know, just a rhetorical question, I guess.
They got about 12 hours of light per day in the window sill
Congratulations again on getting the Forbidden Fruit stems to make roots. I don't want to grow anymore this year (after harvest), or I'd be interested in a clone.
I estimate they have another 40-50 days to go
Would that be 80-100 days? And would they be sativa (I'm a stoner, can't remember much at all)? Or long flowering indicas. Seems a little overtime, but I'm used to our little weather patterns up here. Quite often very humid and very difficult storms. I've only harvested strains that flower 75 days, some of each. Happy Smokin'

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 7 for the Phase II girls and their second day in their new surroundings. No complaints.

S2 9-21-23 F7 tent.jpg

That's the Sour G front right along with with 2 Fat Bastards.

I gave the FB1 (front left) her first top-feed of Roots Organic bloom nutes this morning. The other two plants on Grow Dots just got plain water. All were watered to minimal run-off.

I like the way the plants trained with the CarcassSticks® have set up. However, trying to water evenly around all those sticks with a limited view of the soil is a PITA!

----------------------------

Would that be 80-100 days? And would they be sativa (I'm a stoner, can't remember much at all)? Or long flowering indicas. Seems a little overtime, but I'm used to our little weather patterns up here. Quite often very humid and very difficult storms. I've only harvested strains that flower 75 days, some of each. Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.

These are all indica-dom hybrids with projected flowering periods of 8-10 weeks. But my grows tend to run a bit long. I checked my tracker this morning and found that my last 20 or so grows have averaged 102 days to finish. I think it has something to do with my bad habit of getting plants off to a slow start, which I am working on correcting.

That's all I've got.

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 7 for the Phase II girls and their second day in their new surroundings. No complaints.

S2 9-21-23 F7 tent.jpg

That's the Sour G front right along with with 2 Fat Bastards.

I gave the FB1 (front left) her first top-feed of Roots Organic bloom nutes this morning. The other two plants on Grow Dots just got plain water. All were watered to minimal run-off.

I like the way the plants trained with the CarcassSticks® have set up. However, trying to water evenly around all those sticks with a limited view of the soil is a PITA!

Thanks Bode.

These are all indica-dom hybrids with projected flowering periods of 8-10 weeks. But my grows tend to run a bit long. I checked my tracker this morning and found that my last 20 or so grows have averaged 102 days to finish. I think it has something to do with my bad habit of getting plants off to a slow start, which I am working on correcting.

That's all I've got.

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE
plants are looking good & healthy there GDB

The serenity group and the Phase 2 girls all look excellent, GDB!
Pool noodles? Geez, I don't want to copy everything that @Carcass does. People might begin to talk. :)
Well then, you probably shouldn't read any more of this post .... 🤪

However, trying to water evenly around all those sticks with a limited view of the soil is a PITA!

It sure is!- I had the same problem for a little while...but then, I did this with the ol' dollar store watering can, you go in under the canopy, and direct the water to where it needs to go...💦
...problem solved...

ye olde watering can.jpg

8 or 10 inches of half-inch silicone hose does the trick- I use silicone, because it's so flexible...other hose will work too- just not as well...
Also works well for filling a SIP without slopping water all over....👍

The serenity group and the Phase 2 girls all look excellent, GDB!

Well then, you probably shouldn't read any more of this post .... 🤪

It sure is!- I had the same problem for a little while...but then, I did this with the ol' dollar store watering can, you go in under the canopy, and direct the water to where it needs to go...💦
...problem solved...

ye olde watering can.jpg

8 or 10 inches of half-inch silicone hose does the trick- I use silicone, because it's so flexible...other hose will work too- just not as well...
Also works well for filling a SIP without slopping water all over....👍
Ha!

I'm not copying that!

That might even make it harder for me because that silicone extension (even though it's pliable) is thicker than what I currently use. My problem is I can't see through the plant and I'm always bumping into a stick trying to navigate around the soil surface.

I use this 1L jug:

IMG_7531.jpg

This issue will go away as the plant begins to ascend and I can see the soil. Until then I'm watering like Stevie Wonder. I know he's probably bumped into quite a few things in his lifetime! :)

The flowering plants are really coming along calmly, though I did wonder what's up with that completely separate branch on the GDPxBB cross that's a foot beyond the main flowers? It looks like it's in a pot of its own!

The new training on the flat ones is really making the old-style seat-of-your-pants method obsolete, and to deal with this:
trying to water evenly around all those sticks with a limited view of the soil is a PITA!
I say, through the grommets obviously. :)

Congrads on the Heat mat and the seeds nice prizes man ! Its hard to believe you can get prizes for having fun and growing Meds , can't beat that with a stick :p :passitleft: have a good one GDB
Isn't that amazing! It's like living a dream! :Rasta:

The flowering plants are really coming along calmly, though I did wonder what's up with that completely separa. te branch on the GDPxBB cross that's a foot beyond the main flowers? It looks like it's in a pot of its own!
Ha! I should bring her back into the fold. She looks isolated! :)

Good morning all.

I got the move done on the S2 group.

The @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Plus did a fine job getting them to this stage. Now it's time for the @ViparSpectra KS5000 to bring them home!
S2 9-20-23 F6 moving day above.jpg

All have room to do whatever they feel like doing.
S2 9-20-23 F6 moving day.jpg

I hope they don't mind the change of location.:)

Thanks for looking in (some time later today I imagine😴).

PEACE
Great! :thumb:
And KS5000 also will take good care of your girls. 💪

Good morning all!

It's Flip + 52 for the Serenity group and all appears to be well.
Serenity 9-22-23 F52.jpg

The Forbidden Fruit (rear) seems to be taking the longest to mature. I'm beginning to think she'll be in the tent long after the other two plants have been taken down. She's still pumping out solid white pistils hard and heavy, but I've seen no sign that any of them are beginning to change colors. On the other two plants, however, the pistils are changing and the buds are converting to solid, hard nugs.

Time will tell.

--------------------------

That's my quick update for the day.

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Great news!

I heard back from Herbies about the 3 seeds that were missing from my prize package. They agreed to send more. They gave me the option of selecting the seeds of my choice from their USA Express site.

I chose Chemdog #4.

Great service, @Herbies Seeds! :thumb:

Good morning all.

S2 9-23-23 F9 tent.jpg

That's the Phase II group on their Flip + 9.

I'm still not seeing that "I've been flipped" look, but it's got to be coming soon!

PEACE

Highya GDB,

Happy looking young ladies!! Very nice color, praying to light, looking very nice. Looks like there will be a host of colas when they stretch. Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom