VG After Dark Featuring Weedseedsexpress & Mars Hydro TS1000

Highya VG,

Brrr! Can't say I envy those temps any! It hasn't been below zero all winter. Hope it doesn't. I'm glad you got to the bottom of your problem with the Cal. They'll be rockin' again!! Happy Smokin'

Highya VG,

Brrr! Can't say I envy those temps any! It hasn't been below zero all winter. Hope it doesn't. I'm glad you got to the bottom of your problem with the Cal. They'll be rockin' again!! Happy Smokin'
I hope this will fix things. I did hear back from GeoFlora.
They want to help me work through this. I have to write them back today.
I'll tell them that my issue may be temp and rh related.
I'll try to fix it with this knowledge and keep them posted. They said they hadn't come across any issues with their Bloom product.
I'm heartened that they returned an email within 24 hours and are willing to help.
I feel bad and a little stupid that I wasn't paying close attention to my grow. Something that should have stuck out like a sore thumb to me went completely unnoticed.
My head hasn't been in the game lately. Family business has left me very distracted. I've been really stressed out and a bit depressed. Totally normal stuff.
It may be time to use the alarm on my fancy Infinity fan. I'm such a dummy sometimes. Forgot that it existed.

We're days away from warming up some!
I'm lots of days from warming up. Can't wait for spring. I hope that I manage to get a small percentage of what I want to get accomplished realized. I have some grandiose plans.
I'm such a silly girl still.:rolleyes:
I hope it comes across as befuddled charm and not an annoying optimist.

She was cold and this strain doesn't like that. I managed to bring the temp up and I also ramped up her waterings. I give her a little every day using some cal-mag. About every three days she gets a good watering.
she seems like her color is coming back. I have a few days until she is ready for her next bloom feeding.

I don't think I mentioned that I flipped the Charlotte a little bit ago.

She's looking pretty good still. She will get her first dose of bloom nutes soon as well.

looks good vg. glad you got the temp / cal-mag issue sorted.

about what temp do things start to jam up ?

i had a furnace go out and the plants got to 12c / 53f for an extended period. they more or less went dormant, but did not exhibit damage. they didn't feed at all either. my veg space is heat challenged in winter, i have to run a heater. closets in older buildings can be dicey that way.

I hope this will fix things. I did hear back from GeoFlora.
They want to help me work through this. I have to write them back today.
I'll tell them that my issue may be temp and rh related.
I'll try to fix it with this knowledge and keep them posted. They said they hadn't come across any issues with their Bloom product.
I'm heartened that they returned an email within 24 hours and are willing to help.
I feel bad and a little stupid that I wasn't paying close attention to my grow. Something that should have stuck out like a sore thumb to me went completely unnoticed.
My head hasn't been in the game lately. Family business has left me very distracted. I've been really stressed out and a bit depressed. Totally normal stuff.
It may be time to use the alarm on my fancy Infinity fan. I'm such a dummy sometimes. Forgot that it existed.

I'm lots of days from warming up. Can't wait for spring. I hope that I manage to get a small percentage of what I want to get accomplished realized. I have some grandiose plans.
I'm such a silly girl still.:rolleyes:
I hope it comes across as befuddled charm and not an annoying optimist.
So befuddling!

looks good vg. glad you got the temp / cal-mag issue sorted.

about what temp do things start to jam up ?

i had a furnace go out and the plants got to 12c / 53f for an extended period. they more or less went dormant, but did not exhibit damage. they didn't feed at all either. my veg space is heat challenged in winter, i have to run a heater. closets in older buildings can be dicey that way.
64° is when mag gets locked out. That is the first def to show from cold temps. Some plants are obviously more tolerant to cooler temps.
I was getting pink leaves on the Green Crack but the Charlotte is looking normal. I may just have to be more mindful of what strain I grow and when. Should probably run sativas in the summer and some of the tougher indicas in the winter. The other option is to get a small heater for the closet. I'd rather do a work around and skip the heater.
It looks like you're getting a handle on it, which you always seem to do! :thumb:

Congrats on the flip, and we wait for pistils...

Happy Valentine's Day. :love:
Happy V-day to you too dear.

I almost had to give some MC but then I pulled my head from my ass and realized what was probably going on.
The corrections that I made seem to have turned her around.
It can be a bit nerve wracking when you're using a new nute line for the first time. Maybe that's just me?
I'm def going to get a lower N cal-mag.
I think it's mandatory in my grows. I need to be able to dose without having to worry about how the extra N in the Sensi cal-mag is going to skew things.

I'm having some low temp mag def showing today too I think. Bring spring!!
-17° here.
I'm having coffee and snuggling with the pooch. Time for a wakey bakey.
:passitleft:
I can't wait for spring either. I need to order some Poblano and bok choy seeds. I'm gonna need some chiles rellenos this summer. Have to start the peppers early. I also need to test sprout my veggie and herb seeds. I can't remember what didn't come up last year. I know some of those seeds are 10+ years old.

I'm managing to keep the cold at bay but just barely. It's still getting down to 64° in there at lights off. Windy days are the worst here in this drafty little shack.

-17° here.
I'm having coffee and snuggling with the pooch. Time for a wakey bakey.
:passitleft:
I can't wait for spring either. I need to order some Poblano and bok choy seeds. I'm gonna need some chiles rellenos this summer. Have to start the peppers early. I also need to test sprout my veggie and herb seeds. I can't remember what didn't come up last year. I know some of those seeds are 10+ years old.

I'm managing to keep the cold at bay but just barely. It's still getting down to 64° in there at lights off. Windy days are the worst here in this drafty little shack.
Oh man it is time for peppers! I had a ton of trees cut down last year and I'm hoping for a better sun footprint in the growing part of the yard. We'll see how I am. I don't think much more than a couple of weed plants and a tomato and a few herbs. Chocolate tomatoes last summer blew me away! I have assorted hot sauce's galore I made up 3 years ago canned so the super hots are out. Poblano now, that's a nice pepper!

64° is when mag gets locked out. That is the first def to show from cold temps. Some plants are obviously more tolerant to cooler temps.
I was getting pink leaves on the Green Crack but the Charlotte is looking normal. I may just have to be more mindful of what strain I grow and when. Should probably run sativas in the summer and some of the tougher indicas in the winter. The other option is to get a small heater for the closet. I'd rather do a work around and skip the heater.

i use that bubble mylar insulation and run a small heater in the veg space. it actually works out really well when it it is dialed in. it sits around 22 - 24c (71 - 75 f) day time and about and 18 - 22c (64 - 71) at night. it's currently -30c (-22f) outside.

i use that bubble mylar insulation and run a small heater in the veg space. it actually works out really well when it it is dialed in. it sits around 22 - 24c (71 - 75 f) day time and about and 18 - 22c (64 - 71) at night. it's currently -30c (-22f) outside.
That's brass brassiere cold Bluter!

don't knock it. there's a thread on making ice hash that relies on these temps for extended periods.

a friend a few hrs north of me makes ice oil as well. again you need an extended cold period to do it.

don't knock it. there's a thread on making ice hash that relies on these temps for extended periods.

a friend a few hrs north of me makes ice oil as well. again you need an extended cold period to do it.
Heck, I've camped in that weather. I'm not up to it these daze but respect to the cold! There's a world of things we don't see in our higher temp world that I so enjoy now.

Oh man it is time for peppers! I had a ton of trees cut down last year and I'm hoping for a better sun footprint in the growing part of the yard. We'll see how I am. I don't think much more than a couple of weed plants and a tomato and a few herbs. Chocolate tomatoes last summer blew me away! I have assorted hot sauce's galore I made up 3 years ago canned so the super hots are out. Poblano now, that's a nice pepper!
I always grow Tom's, cucumbers and herbs. I need to diversify this year.
Buttercup sent me some asparagus lettuce to try. Looks funky but I'm game. I also want to plant some rhubarb and regular asparagus this year. Takes then a few years to get right.
My temps are within a few degrees of yours. I just need to remember to point a fan at my closet while the lights are off and it stays in a better range.
I was gonna say.....Colder than a witch's tit!
Heck, I've camped in that weather. I'm not up to it these daze but respect to the cold! There's a world of things we don't see in our higher temp world that I so enjoy now.
I used to winter camp. Don't think I'd do it now unless I had an RV. My circulation isn't what it used to be. Neither is my back.

I used to winter camp. Don't think I'd do it now unless I had an RV. My circulation isn't what it used to be. Neither is my back.

used to winter camp as well. few times literally in a tent. -25c. thought i was gonna be a dead man, but we had the gear, and the guys i went with were super experienced.

i also had a job where i supplied remote hostels / hiking lodges in the middle of winter in the mountains. that was fun. i spent christmas at one once. we hiked a huge ridge and snowboarded it in the afternoon. was only the second time i had snowshoed getting to the top. felt like some sort of uncoordinated penguin lol.

used to winter camp as well. few times literally in a tent. -25c. thought i was gonna be a dead man, but we had the gear, and the guys i went with were super experienced.

i also had a job where i supplied remote hostels / hiking lodges in the middle of winter in the mountains. that was fun. i spent christmas at one once. we hiked a huge ridge and snowboarded it in the afternoon. was only the second time i had snowshoed getting to the top. felt like some sort of uncoordinated penguin lol.
I went in the negative temps too. A -40 sleeping bag and a pair of electric socks always got me through.
Camping in the winter on mushrooms was pretty wild. I convinced myself that everything outside was made from glass.
Some people's children....:eye-roll:

I was getting pink leaves on the Green Crack but the Charlotte is looking normal. I may just have to be more mindful of what strain I grow and when. Should probably run sativas in the summer
Hmmm that might explain the pink/purple on my Green Crack. Garage gets pretty cold at lights out. Some cool coloring but I'll make sure to give it some extra mag. I'm not much of a sativa grower, I got @Carcass and me both growing one at the wrong time :hmmmm: and his is turning purple too

:idea:

Back
Top Bottom