Treezzz 1st Grow - Bag Seed - White Widow in Soil

ok it's update time. the plants are all doing well except i accidentally didn't latch the door to my box so it was open partially for a couple hours of their night time. i really hope they don't herm out. i'm exactly one week into flower and they're stretchin like crazy. i've been LST-ing a lot to keep em low cause vertical space is kind of an issue with my new 1000W HPS but i think its gonna work out fine. i I.D.'d 7 females so far and 3 males from the preflowers. i already destroyed the 3 males. and 4 have yet to show preflowers. the Purps seedlings are around 6 inches now.

first off here is a picture of the new air-cooled xtrasun hood for my 1000:
Picture_727.jpg

i also plan on adding a 400W HPS to the flowering room once my perpetual grow gets further along and i have 2 groups in flowering

next is 2 group shots of the bagseed from friday (2 days ago):
Picture_731.jpg

Picture_7110.jpg

(this is before i had to kill 3 males)

these next ones are of the purps in veg. the 4 in front are in soil. the 6 in the back are in my DWC bubbler w/ 25 gal. res. and GH gro, micro, 1/2 strength bloom, and floraliscious plus at 1mL/gal.:
Picture_6710.jpg

Picture_697.jpg

this pic of the roots is from wednesday 5 days ago:
Picture_6510.jpg

this purps is the smallest. it has leaf setsof 3 instead of 2 which is awesome but its getting random brown blotches on the second set of leaves of 3 and the margins are curling downward and its getting worse. anyone have any ideas on this? i'm totally confused because the other 5 in the same res. are not showing these signs and the description doesn't really match any of the nute deficiency syptoms described in Cervantes' "Bible":
Picture_702.jpg

any help on this would be greatly greatly appreciated because i really want this unique little plant to survive. oh and its roots look nice and healthy and white and res. temp is 68 degrees F and pH is 6.0. i can give any other info necessary.

also, if anyone has had a similar experience with the night time light exposure or has any advice on what i can expect to happen in this situation feel free to speak up. i won't hold it against you if you're wrong haha. alright that's it for now. happy growing everyone :cheer::cheer::cheer:

yeah i'm basing my numbers on jorge cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture. the internet is very convenient and i've learned so much, especially from the growers on this site, but sometimes info you get on the internet can be a little unfounded. but i'm sure in this case different numbers work for different people. i know different pH's work optimally with different grow mediums. but another thing about my problem that's confusing me even more is its happening in the soil and hydro purps of the same age. i'm alomst positive its not a nute deficiency/pH problem for several reasons so i'm thinking it has to be environmental :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: but at least it hasn't developed into a major issue. my babies are still thriving and surprising me everyday with their amazing growth :) mixed up the nutes for my soil bagseed plants and the one in the 5 gal bucket bubbler today. i'm using E.J. grow, micro, cat, bloom, hi-brix molasses, and some hygrozyme :morenutes: so far i'm very pleased.

oh nice! :thumb: so all of the plants are doing well. idk if the random leaf blotching is maybe just a genetic trait or what but the plants are growing like crazy so hopefully its just aesthetic. i'm beginning to plan a hydro system to install in my grow room. i'm thinking 8 bucket dwc/drip combo with 55 gal. res. i have 2 questions for anyone who knows though... 1. how do you change the res. with a big res. you can't move? like i can put a pump in there but it won't get the last couple inches out. and 2. why do people use drip/dwc bucket combination instead of just dwc? i don't get how dripping the same solution that's on the roots already would help. thanks! :high-five:

time for another update :)
first off here's 5 of the girls outside the flowering room while i was workin on the light and ventilation system
Picture_913.jpg

here's a couple pics of my completed work. got the filter up off the ground to provide more space and pull out more hot air (since hot air rises to the top). also replaced my 6 in. can fan that was pulling out 240 CFM with an 8in. one that moves 380 CFM. and i spun my light 90 degrees to make the footprint more effective in my space
Picture_922.jpg

Picture_931.jpg

this is my first-ever "bud pic" :circle-of-love: if you could call it that, its still early
Picture_941.jpg

this is confusing me the older fan leaves of one plant are very very glossy and are rolling up at the edges
Picture_951.jpg

here's my "no mercy" purps at 13 days in flower
Picture_961.jpg

and here's the runt of the bagseed. #10 who is in a 5 gal bucket bubbler. also there is a pic of some leaves damaged from high pH before i trimmed them
Picture_971.jpg

Picture_981.jpg

here's the bubbler veg. purps and 2 soil veg. purps newly transplanted from 2 liter bottles to 5 gal. buckets
Picture_991.jpg

and a side view of the biggest
Picture_1001.jpg

top view of a soil veg. Purps
Picture_1012.jpg

new pH and TDS/temp meters :circle-of-love: my TDS and pH for all my hydro plants was right on when i tested them for the first time :thumb:
Picture_1021.jpg

2 more soil purps. didn't have enough happy frog to transplant the 4th one today. my veg. bow is getting crowded so i put these under a 2' T5 in what will be my third grow are once i fix it up (a walkin closet)
Picture_1037.jpg

heres another shot of the Purps in the 2 liter still... lookin good
Picture_1048.jpg

heres the whole bagseed family back in the newly renovated flower box
Picture_1056.jpg

Picture_1066.jpg

all of these pics were taken saturday (yesterday) and since then i have also LST'd the biggest soil veg. Purps and mylar'd the inside of the veg box. but i'll have pics of those next picture update :) thanks for reading. enjoy.

thank you all for the compliments. i have some interesting news... 6 of my 8 soil bagseed plants in the flowering room hermied... i already killed the first 2 i discovered but now that alnost all are hermies i'm going to have to change my plans. this at least frees up needed space for my purps though so i'm not going to have to makes a second flowering room yet

Hey What's up treezzz! Thought I'd come by and take a peak and all I have to say is wow. I'm jealous of your skill at drawing up plans and also your resourcefulness. It sucks that so many have hermied on you though. Your grow areas look fantastic for one. Hopefully your new seeds turn out better than the bagseed. I will tag along from here. Maybe I can help out a bit. :thumb:

Hey What's up treezzz! Thought I'd come by and take a peak and all I have to say is wow. I'm jealous of your skill at drawing up plans and also your resourcefulness. It sucks that so many have hermied on you though. Your grow areas look fantastic for one. Hopefully your new seeds turn out better than the bagseed. I will tag along from here. Maybe I can help out a bit. :thumb:

awesome thanks for tagging along. yeah it sucks about those hermies but really i was just growing bagseed for something to occupy myself and to learn some stuff while i waited on my seeds. i didn't really expect to have the 9 healthy females i ended up with. but i'm really glad i have 2 plants just because i want to see how they turn out fully flowered. and i got 5 bubble bags so hopefully i can get some decent hash out of em. having so many hermies also opened up a bunch of space to flower my Purps which are growing much bigger and faster than expected. So i try to look at it as a good thing :)

Back
Top Bottom