Trala’s Tent

Thanks for that sir ;) The bag says it holds moisture in the soil.

I'm going to uppot tomorrow. The triplets are back to looking beautiful

And little Lucky in there playing hide and seek

IMG_20201128_161038.jpg

IMG_20201128_161124.jpg

IMG_20201128_161202.jpg

Read here^ pay attention and do try not to nod off.
This is the system using perlite, have a read.

The garden of Trala is looking happy again :)

They're dying they're herming OMG I've killed them, you're such a dramatic individual ;)
Life is nice once you kill those lice.

...in this case spider eat spider.

My last uppot this one jumped from my pot and ran straight over my foot. Not a big one by any means but big enough to cast his own shadow and make me jump! Lolling!

60E651C1-1363-46B9-8CF9-C49BB17E56BF.jpeg
^ that is a plenty big mofo of a spider!

Wow, cool - you get your travel on! Perlite drains water but its cousin vermiculite retains water, kelp retains water and yucca extract is a wetting agent that helps with heat stress

Some garden centers have small packets of water crystals that you mix in soil that retain water, I’ve never used them so no direct experience but I’ve pondered ‘em for possible outdoor stealth grow. Another option might be good soaking water before and use deep retaining pans, storage tubs or even like tin foil roasting pans as saucers, leave an inch or two of water in them

I've read where some old growers used small piece of cordage or rope to wick up water into a container but IIRC a wick can work both ways ie - draw water in when there’s an abundance or draw water out if theres a drought but you should be fine for a week

Maybe sprinkler set to come on for couple hours at nite? Idk if any applies just covering a few bases
^:thanks:

Read here^ pay attention and do try not to nod off.
This is the system using perlite, have a read.

The garden of Trala is looking happy again :)

They're dying they're herming OMG I've killed them, you're such a dramatic individual ;)
Life is nice once you kill those lice.
^ bookmarked & thank you, too!

So I am about to embark on operation uppot, and I am taking bets on the number of fuck ups I can achieve.

I don’t think I’ve ever uppotted without drama in some form.

Hey @013 Twiggy had two head lice. I inspect her daily, just like you advised. I’m going to wash all of their hairs before I uppot.

Be back later with some vid and pics :)

So I am about to embark on operation uppot, and I am taking bets on the number of fuck ups I can achieve.

I don’t think I’ve ever uppotted without drama in some form.

Hey @013 Twiggy had two head lice. I inspect her daily, just like you advised. I’m going to wash all of their hairs before I uppot.

Be back later with some vid and pics :)
it's easier to uppot when the soil is not wet or moist

This summer I put my slippers on bare foot and there was a spider like that in them. I didn't notice at first and even managed to walk around a bit before the bugger bit me. God did it ever startle me. I used the pair of shoes to crush him and then was afraid to put them on for a bit. :laughtwo:

Sorry to hear but great catch doll!

The only thing growing perpetually in my garden this year have been fungus gnats, spider mites and small white larvae.... it’s been a bumper crop, I’m growing the crap out of them!
Thanks 013

I‘m gonna be on them like a fat kid on cake!

They are such a nuisance. I hope they don’t take over while I’m away.

This summer I put my slippers on bare foot and there was a spider like that in them. I didn't notice at first and even managed to walk around a bit before the bugger bit me. God did it ever startle me. I used the pair of shoes to crush him and then was afraid to put them on for a bit. :laughtwo:
Oh no! What sort of spider?

I am a total saver of spiders! I have literally had a huntsman the size of a bread and butter plate launch at me from the wall as I was trying to get him outside on the broom.

Tho truth be told I’d probably wack it too if he bit me.

Uppot Day!

Safety first motherfuckers!

1EE10AD5-E4BE-406A-AD19-6CDC689CCF28.jpeg

I had 3 patients last year almost die with lung diseases all directly related to potting mix. My lungs are defs on the fucked side so I take zero chances. The gloves are just coz I hate dirty hands lolllinggg!

My Triplets

BE275131-74FF-43D8-93DC-66C905C460B0.jpeg

F25AFE28-E9E8-4183-8BA2-293B8B9DA395.jpeg

E848E986-4FFB-404E-BE89-9B43752A0DEF.jpeg
B41C9AF8-7AE1-4746-A46C-BC248A81E5F5.jpeg
D4DFCBD3-8FDA-4E56-BF08-7D83911984EE.jpeg

Twiggy Two

After her nit wash lolllll reminds me of a drowned rat

67889479-D223-43C0-A6D9-01347CD7A7ED.jpeg

8014C758-A718-433D-B119-25C03A13309B.jpeg
59E6C8CC-3B49-4B36-ADEB-DCA6C1A3781E.jpeg

The Familam

F25C933F-B691-4DE2-8E73-F3E028EB9F24.jpeg

they look happy well done mate!

It's mostly wolf / dock spiders here in Ontario, especially in cottage country.
The largest spider I've ever seen out at my family's camp was nearly the size of my palm.
It was sitting there on the kitchen counter while my grandmother was cleaning nearby.
She spotted the spider and went and got my grandfather to have a look and kill it for her.
She was terrified of spiders so we never told her that he'd missed :laughtwo:

@Trala when are you going to do a DWC setup in that pool? :laughtwo:
I had 3 patients last year almost die with lung diseases all directly related to potting mix. My lungs are defs on the fucked side so I take zero chances.

That sound's terrible. is that a common thing? From the mix or from some kind of root fungus?
I know when I transplant or do some digging the smell tends to bother my asthma.

I quit smoking tobacco cold turkey 2 months ago. I'd been mixing it with weed for almost 6 years in a water bong and was a cig smoker for almost 10 years prior to that. My lungs are right toast atm.

They are getting a little better now though. Someday I'll take a big hoot again... doing these little wee tokes in the meantime lol

Haven’t caught up on your latest video yet but looking forward to it. Was reading along and this reminded me of your critter fest Bobrown14 aphids see post #5127 from Bobrown has good link on aphids but read his comments on next page or 2 about other tips. Uses flashlight on leaf underside at lights out to make aphids create shadow on leaf for easy spotting & squishing

Oh no! What sort of spider?

I am a total saver of spiders! I have literally had a huntsman the size of a bread and butter plate launch at me from the wall as I was trying to get him outside on the broom.

Tho truth be told I’d probably wack it too if he bit me.
Even huntsman not followed by "the size of a bread and butter plate launch at me" isn't going to be a good spider story!

97.3% crush &100% CBFF! Have a great holiday!

It's mostly wolf / dock spiders here in Ontario, especially in cottage country.
The largest spider I've ever seen out at my family's camp was nearly the size of my palm.
It was sitting there on the kitchen counter while my grandmother was cleaning nearby.
She spotted the spider and went and got my grandfather to have a look and kill it for her.
She was terrified of spiders so we never told her that he'd missed :laughtwo:
^ think we're neighbours Regrowth, I see big enough spiders near the swamp and lakes...

Back
Top Bottom