Trala’s Tent

As they say, don't mix unknown cocktails, guess works for "stuff" as well, haha
Hello there :)

I don’t think I’ve seen you before. Welcome to our Tent of Debauchery where the F bombs fly and reporting posts is considered a sin.

Beautiful Bee's as always T. 👍
Glad to see that Rainbow is above ground. No inspections needed! 😎
The Gelatos I grew were rose colored and potent. I started rationing what's left.
Hello King Barney!

I’ve stopped inspecting, or tried to stop lol.

Hopefully I can make her sing.

Thank you for everything you do. You're helping saving lives 😁
Omg not last night.

I made a med error and all. Had an intentional OD. Emergency notes said she took 720 units of Lantus insulin. The insulin was apparently nearly 10 years old. It’s a long acting insulin, every time we stopped her IV glucose her BGL’s dropped to the 1-2’s mmoL.

IV order read 1000mL 250mL 10% glucose, so basically a bolus. My brain read 250mL 1000mL, so I ran 250mL for 4 hours. I was checking her BGL’s every 30 mins and they were in the target range so zero harm. In the scheme of mistakes it’s an okay one. But I really hate making medication errors. As do all nurses. That said I still had to ring Med Call and tell them my mistake and riskman it.

In my defence the ward was fucking mental. So so mental. I’m trying to keep her BGL in 4-8mmoL, I had two admissions one straight forward, one complex. And the TL’s patient crashed. I felt for the patient. She needed palliation but the doctor continued to treat her. It’s a hard call for the docs to make, defining the ceiling of care. I think she had every IV AB ever created. Lines coming out of her everywhere. She was in respiratory failure, heart failure and renal failure. She died, but with such chaos around her.

So I get home and my work wife sent me this. Coz in times of trauma, we fully sledge each other lol.

IMG_9319.jpeg

On the upside, her and I have a ritual when we do a night. We take turns bringing in a block of hazelnut chocolate and we gossip and eat it while the patients sleep. Not last night. Last night we ran for 10 fucking hours. So I’ve just made my dinner tonight…

IMG_9321.jpeg

I’m gonna drink this whole bottle too. Send thoughts and prayers to my man. He’s got no idea what’s waiting for him when he gets home in an hour or so lolling!

My poor dinnerless man tho.

He walked into a music fest and me high vibing.

My man: so what’s for dinner?
Me: chocolate, tunes and wine baby!

I’ll make it up to him and make sure he has a meal fit for a king when he gets home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom