Trala’s Tent

Totally kidding, not a sexist but I do have an appreciation for all women. My mother has always been a beautiful woman who has given her all to bring love and warmth to everything she encountered. In my estimation she was always well put together yet never cared for beauty but was willing to work hard to ensure the success of everyone. She is tough as nails and has my total love, respect & dedication

More than anything delightful Miss TraLa, aka The Queen of Queensland, the Warrior of the Ward, life giver to generations, friend, lover and mother to a host of humans, critters & plants - (Excluding trays that get the shit kicked out of them) :laugh: I was merely yanking your chain.....

ok so whaz up with those seedling babies? How do you germ? Got any pics? Do you use soil or peat pellets or rapid rooters? Beware on peat pellets prolly need to cut the membrane off before transplant, the fiber or molded biodegradable pots like for starting tomatoes are not great either. On both peat pellets & fiber pots I’ve seen probs on the faq boards where roots didn’t penetrate the membrane on peat pellets or on fiber pots the roots did not grow thru the sides of the fiber pots, it was necessary to tear the fiber pots apart at transplant

Might need light seedling starter mix or to sterilize a batch of your regular soil in the oven at 250 for 20 to 30 minutes to kill off any nasties, sterilization also helps to prevent damping off. Kelp meal or liquid kelp is good stuff to add, over 70 micronutrients in kelp. I use liquid kelp when I soak beans and in my spray mist bottle for watering .I don’t foliar spray new babies. No direct fans at first cuz you can dehydrate a baby with too much air movement. After a few days use fan on low setting moving air nearby to strengthen stems

Are they the ones with domes? Domes are for clones to keep rh high on the cuttings while they develop roots. Seedling have roots so domes are not needed.. Not too warm, not too cool, 75 F is about right, many do use specialized seedling heat mat but a regular heating pad is way too much heat and most heating pads will cycle off after 20 minutes. Best to germ & pop indoors not outside, outdoors has too much temp swing. Sime use window seals to start but I’ve never had success with that. Seedlings do not need a bright LED light but a curly compact fluorescent bulb is perfect and cfl can be placed very close like 4 inches away, the warmth helps the baby to stand erect. Water with a sip from a syringe but not 2X every day..... don’t water around the stem every time, water where you want the roots to grow. It’s ok to let the soil dry out, it’s nit going to kill off the microbes

Not a fan of the paper towel method, I don’t like to handle a seed with a tail sprout. I usually soak for 24, then go to straight into rapid rooter plug or direct into soil

everyone has their own methods, hope something here jumps off the page

Hey Dohc007

My wifi mini microscope has a cheap ass stand, I prolly need to buy a replacement stand since it tips over if you look at it wrong, some models have a stand that looks like an old drill press, horizontal mount and you turn dial to raise or lower the scope, yeah wish mine had that kind of stand. Also think I would go wifi not usb but that’s my 2 cents

They look fucking awful. If they were human you’d have them on anti depressants.

I just don’t know what to do.
Are you talking about the 2 girls you just transplanted?
Or do you have a couple of seedlings going?
Let's see 'em, maybe we can get the problem figured out...
I thought the 2 transplants looked damn good on Tuesday, did they take a turn for the worse?

Totally kidding, not a sexist but I do have an appreciation for all women. My mother has always been a beautiful woman who has given her all to bring love and warmth to everything she encountered. In my estimation she was always well put together yet never cared for beauty but was willing to work hard to ensure the success of everyone. She is tough as nails and has my total love, respect & dedication

More than anything delightful Miss TraLa, aka The Queen of Queensland, the Warrior of the Ward, life giver to generations, friend, lover and mother to a host of humans, critters & plants - (Excluding trays that get the shit kicked out of them) :laugh: I was merely yanking your chain.....

ok so whaz up with those seedling babies? How do you germ? Got any pics? Do you use soil or peat pellets or rapid rooters? Beware on peat pellets prolly need to cut the membrane off before transplant, the fiber or molded biodegradable pots like for starting tomatoes are not great either. On both peat pellets & fiber pots I’ve seen probs on the faq boards where roots didn’t penetrate the membrane on peat pellets or on fiber pots the roots did not grow thru the sides of the fiber pots, it was necessary to tear the fiber pots apart at transplant

Might need light seedling starter mix or to sterilize a batch of your regular soil in the oven at 250 for 20 to 30 minutes to kill off any nasties, sterilization also helps to prevent damping off. Kelp meal or liquid kelp is good stuff to add, over 70 micronutrients in kelp. I use liquid kelp when I soak beans and in my spray mist bottle for watering .I don’t foliar spray new babies. No direct fans at first cuz you can dehydrate a baby with too much air movement. After a few days use fan on low setting moving air nearby to strengthen stems

Are they the ones with domes? Domes are for clones to keep rh high on the cuttings while they develop roots. Seedling have roots so domes are not needed.. Not too warm, not too cool, 75 F is about right, many do use specialized seedling heat mat but a regular heating pad is way too much heat and most heating pads will cycle off after 20 minutes. Best to germ & pop indoors not outside, outdoors has too much temp swing. Sime use window seals to start but I’ve never had success with that. Seedlings do not need a bright LED light but a curly compact fluorescent bulb is perfect and cfl can be placed very close like 4 inches away, the warmth helps the baby to stand erect. Water with a sip from a syringe but not 2X every day..... don’t water around the stem every time, water where you want the roots to grow. It’s ok to let the soil dry out, it’s nit going to kill off the microbes

Not a fan of the paper towel method, I don’t like to handle a seed with a tail sprout. I usually soak for 24, then go to straight into rapid rooter plug or direct into soil

everyone has their own methods, hope something here jumps off the page
Omg you didn’t offend me. I was just being sassy.

You are a good man K, I know that. But I think as warrior queens it sometimes helps for you to be reminded of some of the shit we as women have to put up with. Respect for women starts with how we teach our boys, well I think it does. Like your mum I wanted to raise a boy who respects women, which he does. Anyway I’m not gonna go all #metoo on your arse so you will live another day LOLLLL

OMG it’s not popping them, it’s once they start to grow, I overthink it an fuss and ruin them. I will do an update today.

Are you talking about the 2 girls you just transplanted?
Or do you have a couple of seedlings going?
Let's see 'em, maybe we can get the problem figured out...
I thought the 2 transplants looked damn good on Tuesday, did they take a turn for the worse?
Oh Carcass it’s the 2 girls. I’m making a meal of them. It’s like I can’t have nice seeds. I did this to the 3 Tangies too. Give me a mongrel clone or a monster cropped freak and I go okay. Give me a valuable seed and I fuck it.

They haven’t turned for the worst as such. They just don’t look happy.

Howdy do.

Just thought I would pop in and see what's happening over in this corner of the forum. Is it ok just to catch up on the last ten pages? Just to get a handle on what's going on?

Anyway. I will be lurking around from now in if that's ok?

Catch you all soon:ciao:
Squiggle

Howdy do.

Just thought I would pop in and see what's happening over in this corner of the forum. Is it ok just to catch up on the last ten pages? Just to get a handle on what's going on?

Anyway. I will be lurking around from now in if that's ok?

Catch you all soon:ciao:
Squiggle
Hello there :)

I’ll save you some time.

OMG I’ve dropped my plant...
Help me
OMG I kicked my plants over...
Help me
OMG I fell into my plant in full flower breaking a heap of branches..
Help me
Fuck..
Help me
Fuckkkk...
Help me
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK...
HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE

There you go, you’re caught up!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Hello there :)

I’ll save you some time.

OMG I’ve dropped my plant...
Help me
OMG I kicked my plants over...
Help me
OMG I fell into my plant in full flower breaking a heap of branches..
Help me
Fuck..
Help me
Fuckkkk...
Help me
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK...
HELPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEE

There you go, you’re caught up!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
:rofl::rofl:
Sounds similar to my disasters.
I love it when a plan doesn't come together:blunt:
I'm in:thumb:

:rofl::rofl:
Sounds similar to my disasters.
I love it when a plan doesn't come together:blunt:
I'm in:thumb:
One of my favourite reply comments was from another Aussie grower in here called McRib. He was like “Trala it was going so well till it wasn’t”.

Literally sums up my grow style.

So you have More wasn'ts than wells then?

It makes life more interesting when stuff goes tits up. Organised and predictable is just sooooo boring.
Anyhoo. It's bed time over here.
Catch up with you another time.

So you have More wasn'ts than wells then?

It makes life more interesting when stuff goes tits up. Organised and predictable is just sooooo boring.
Anyhoo. It's bed time over here.
Catch up with you another time.

I really need to get up. This update ain’t gonna write itself. :)

Good night :)

Sorry K I meant to reply to this. I use the domes on my clones. I’m old fashioned, I just strike seeds in a Searles seedling mix, seed tray and sun.

Okay I need to bounce my lazy arse out of this bed and grab Sunday!

See you soon with an update.

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Ok short version my plants have FINALLY pepped up!

I am soooooo happy.

I think I am underwatering, in fact I am 94% sure it’s underwatering. I can’t water like you guys. Qld is hot, I mean hot. Even when it’s freezing like today at 21 degrees centigrade the sun still bites, particularly when it has a black pot in its aim.

Pics on their way!

Back
Top Bottom