Toydollz's Amnesia Haze Autoflower From Rocket Seeds' Crop King Seeds Grow Diary

Is he growing the same method as you? I can't remember if he started before you or at the same time.
Did you decided on soil and nutrients yet?
Do you have PH up and PH down solutions in case you need them? I use the General Hydroponics line, including their nutrients, have used it for many years.

GO BUBBLES! and the rest of the kids!
My husband has started with doing the same everything. Same water, same soil, same room, same lights, same seeds (pack of 10 seeds -- he got 5 and I got 5). However, he has probably given his different amounts of water. He used less water than I did on the paper towel for his seeds during his burrito method. And he currently waters his more than I water mine. Also, he planted his earlier than I planted mine -- I was waiting for a longer sprout as per Rocket Seed's instructions. Finally, he planted his in bigger pots and mine are just in those little plastic things.

No, we have no plan about PH up and PH down solutions and we will look into the General Hydroponics line. Thank you ❤️💚

All 5 of my husband's plants @passithere are all ranging from 3/4 to 2 inches tall. My tallest is maybe half an inch tall! Sigh. :)
Tall is only good if your having the ladies try out for basketball 😅. Your seedlings being short still is a good thing in my eyes.... To me it says they are receiving enough light where they are to not have to stretch up to get closer.

For the helmet heads, I would personally remove them .... spritz from a water bottle and allow the seeds to soften a little...then carefully open the seeds to release itself from the leaves. Can use tweezers, toothpicks, needle, etc....jist be careful if you try .Leaving them on can cause problems this is why I suggest removing.

Other than that your kicking ass so far... Keep up the solid work .

GO GO GO BUBBLEZZZZZZZ.....and co 😂

Tall is only good if your having the ladies try out for basketball 😅. Your seedlings being short still is a good thing in my eyes.... To me it says they are receiving enough light where they are to not have to stretch up to get closer.

For the helmet heads, I would personally remove them .... spritz from a water bottle and allow the seeds to soften a little...then carefully open the seeds to release itself from the leaves. Can use tweezers, toothpicks, needle, etc....jist be careful if you try .Leaving them on can cause problems this is why I suggest removing.

I would like to add to this. Give the kids time to shake the helmet. Wait until they are fully emerged, and I like to give it a day for them to shake it off on their own. As the membrane around the cotyledon dries up and the coty is trying to open, it helps the seed to fall away from it.
If it doesn't shake it within a day, then I would go in with the care of a surgeon , give it an eyedrop of water and let it soak a minute. Then try to help it off without bending or twisting the little kid.

Helmet heads often occur because the seed wasn't planted deep enough to rub it off on the way up out of the ground.
I have to keep reminding myself when I put my seeds in to be sure they are deep enough and the soil is closed in around them.

Oh, try not to do it after your morning caffein. LOL Shaky hands and delicate surgery is not a good combination. :laughtwo:

HappyHazmat88, Haha!!! Sweet! Thank you! Will do, and I see what Lady Cannafan said as well. I will wait until fully emerged and wait a day and if not, I will eyedrop water, wait, then caffeine-less, I will perform delicate surgery to remove the outer seed. I was wondering about this! Good to know that tall doesn't matter :) Thank you for all of this! I will be doing a lot of 420Mag reading this weekend.

I would like to add to this. Give the kids time to shake the helmet. Wait until they are fully emerged, and I like to give it a day for them to shake it off on their own. As the membrane around the cotyledon dries up and the coty is trying to open, it helps the seed to fall away from it.
If it doesn't shake it within a day, then I would go in with the care of a surgeon , give it an eyedrop of water and let it soak a minute. Then try to help it off without bending or twisting the little kid.

Helmet heads often occur because the seed wasn't planted deep enough to rub it off on the way up out of the ground.
I have to keep reminding myself when I put my seeds in to be sure they are deep enough and the soil is closed in around them.

Oh, try not to do it after your morning caffein. LOL Shaky hands and delicate surgery is not a good combination. :laughtwo:
Thank you SO much, Lady Cannafan! I will follow these instructions. I sooooo appreciate this!

All 5 of my husband's plants @passithere are all ranging from 3/4 to 2 inches tall. My tallest is maybe half an inch tall! Sigh. :)
I have never seen those plastic trays you are using for the seedlings before. I've always used rock wool cubes, or plant starter cubes.
How do you get them out of the tray to up-pot them without breaking the soil apart?
Just curious on this method. :)

Thank you SO much, Lady Cannafan! I will follow these instructions. I sooooo appreciate this!
Lots of members use @GeoFlora Nutrients and swear by them. Personally I’ve never tried them but they are a lot easier to use because they are a dry nutrient you mix with your soil. CL🍀

Ahhhh thank you lady C, so I always plant 1/4;inch down and usually have to help the helmets.... So this actually makes sense. You rock :headbanger: .

But I enjoy doing the removal.....makes me feel more "involved" in their lives.....like wiping food off my kids face....she can do it... But as daddy I take responsibility 😂..... And will prolly continue to do this way 😂.

And yes limit caffeine intake when going at the plant with anything sharp or pointy... 😱

Ahhhh thank you lady C, so I always plant 1/4;inch down and usually have to help the helmets.... So this actually makes sense. You rock :headbanger: .

But I enjoy doing the removal.....makes me feel more "involved" in their lives.....like wiping food off my kids face....she can do it... But as daddy I take responsibility 😂..... And will prolly continue to do this way 😂.

And yes limit caffeine intake when going at the plant with anything sharp or pointy... 😱
Keep in mind, it may take a little longer to emerge. The deeper it is, the farther it has to grow up and break ground. :)

So I hope I didn't kill Bubbles. I should have listened to LadyCannafan and wait till Bubbles had fully emerged before trying to remove her helmet... We will see though. ... The other 3 (Lucky, Kinky, and Sister Bobbie) that I performed helmet surgery on survived and look good. And... our Vivosun tent came today! Photos are looking blurry today so I will just post one.

20240502_184734.jpg

So I hope I didn't kill Bubbles. I should have listened to LadyCannafan and wait till Bubbles had fully emerged before trying to remove her helmet... We will see though. ... The other 3 (Lucky, Kinky, and Sister Bobbie) that I performed helmet surgery on survived and look good. And... our Vivosun tent came today! Photos are looking blurry today so I will just post one.

20240502_184734.jpg
Wait......where is the 🌱? It's not reburied is it?

20240502_184734.jpg
Good Morning @toydollz 🌅

I don't see the sprout either, I just see the shell off to the side. Is she there peeking and being shy?

Good Morning @toydollz 🌅

I don't see the sprout either, I just see the shell off to the side. Is she there peeking and being shy?
Bubbles has a little baby sprout under the seed helmet, I think...

Resized_20240503_092741_1714746473498.jpeg

Wait......where is the 🌱? It's not reburied is it?
When I had tried to pull off the helmet, I pulled Bubbles up too. There was the tiniest sprout. I replanted her with the helmet still on. I am assuming that little sprout is still there? This is a photo.

When I had tried to pull off the helmet, I pulled Bubbles up too. There was the tiniest sprout. I replanted her with the helmet still on. I am assuming that little sprout is still there? This is a photo.

I'm not real confident on it at this point. We can only hope that the root continues and takes hold, and the cotyledon is still alive under the seed.

It looks really wet, I would back off on how much water you are doing with that one. We want the root to reach down for moisture.
How often are you spritzing? You would be surprised how much water is let loose with one spritz.

Fingers crossed for Bubbles!

Edit: If I had actually pulled the sprout out doing the helmet surgery, I would have just gone ahead and got the helmet off and replanted hoping for the best. Right now, it might be best to just leave it alone and hope. Let's see what other opinions are too.

I have never seen those plastic trays you are using for the seedlings before. I've always used rock wool cubes, or plant starter cubes.
How do you get them out of the tray to up-pot them without breaking the soil apart?
Just curious on this method.
Hey @toydollz!

I wanted to see your answer to the question above but if you answered it I must have missed it.

I use those same type of seedling trays for germination. They're very easy to work with when using with some sort of seedling starter plug. They are lots of them out there but I prefer Rapid Rooters. They're made with peat and fortified with General Hydroponic nutrients.

The fit in those trays pretty good:

NT P2 3-31-24 3 days above.jpg

And when you're ready to remove the seedling you can simply stick a toothpick into the plug and pull the entire plug out. You then bury the plug into your soil.

Here's a link to where they can be found, if you're interested:

Ooh thank you, Grand Daddy Black! I had indeed missed the question. The answer is that I have no plan except to cut off the plastic with scissors after my little ladies have been in there for like maybe 3 weeks and repot it in a bigger pot. Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead as to how difficult or easy that will be... I am stuck with this method for now but I will surely be purchasing that other item at Amazon for our next 5 seeds each (because we had originally bought 20 and are currently planting 5 each) that my husband and I will be growing in August! Thank you again. I need soooo much help!!! 🙏🌱

Ooh thank you, Grand Daddy Black! I had indeed missed the question. The answer is that I have no plan except to cut off the plastic with scissors after my little ladies have been in there for like maybe 3 weeks and repot it in a bigger pot. Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead as to how difficult or easy that will be... I am stuck with this method for now but I will surely be purchasing that other item at Amazon for our next 5 seeds each (because we had originally bought 20 and are currently planting 5 each) that my husband and I will be growing in August! Thank you again. I need soooo much help!!! 🙏🌱
Oh, I forgot to mention that when using those trays with plugs you can just pour a little water into the bottom of the tray (enough to just seep into the plant chambers, which have holes in the bottoms) and the plugs will suck water they need from beneath. You don't have to worry about over- or under-watering as long as you keep a little (Not a lot!) water in the tray!

Back
Top Bottom