Top Secret Government Lab: High Brix Quadline: G13 Haze!

It's the high-THC sativas that can give me paranoia. Ghost Train Haze and stuff like that. I like strains with myrcene and linalool to keep that at bay.

That's pretty cool about the science behind pepper and how it helps @dr.h00k. Hopefully with all this legalization in motion around the world, the science around terpenes and their effects will only get better.

...C+P...

You may have heard this one before. You’re battling a bit of THC-induced anxiety and paranoia, and your buddy suggests sniffing or chewing on — you guessed it — black peppercorns! Generally a few sniffs of black pepper will have an almost immediate effect, while chewing peppercorns should provide relief in about an hour.
Still think it’s an old wive’s tale? There’s actually science behind it. Pepper, like cannabis (and virtually every other plant), contains terpenes. Pepper contains a terpene called beta-caryophyllene which allows it to produce a “phytocannabinoid-terpenoid effect” that reduces anxiety. In fact, some scientists speculate it can help with depression and main modulation.

CBD (or cannabidiol) is the second most prominent cannabinoid found in cannabis. As you may know, CBD has garnered a lot of interest over recent years because it seems to provide incredibly versatile therapeutic utility; but, with no psychoactivity or side-effects. However, it’s relationship with THC is an interesting one. They’re like Yin and Yang. They balance each other out. In fact, CBD counteracts many (if not nearly all) of THC’s potentially undesirable effects. That’s why strains without any CBD may get you higher, but are also more likely to cause paranoia and anxiety. (Notably, CBD may counter the adverse cognitive effects of THC like short-term memory impairment.)
And, if you find yourself higher than you’d like, arguably there’s nothing more effective than consuming a high-CBD strain (sans THC) — like Harlequin or Cannatonic. Or, a CBD tincture administered sublingually can work even better. (CBD is considered an anxiolytic — meaning it neutralizes anxiety). After a little CBD, you should feel better in no time!

...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...
Great info h00k! Thanks for sharing as I am very recently going through some of this stuff and I am looking forwards to trying these tips if I get to this point again. Much appreciated.

I love this! Sativas have always been my favorite, but for the past few years I really have to only sample with moderation. I may try to just let myself get higher than my comfort level and try a combination of the pepper and CBD. I wonder if you could soak some whole peppercorns in a bit of oil and then just bite them and let them hang out under the tongue for a minute?

I love this! Sativas have always been my favorite, but for the past few years I really have to only sample with moderation. I may try to just let myself get higher than my comfort level and try a combination of the pepper and CBD. I wonder if you could soak some whole peppercorns in a bit of oil and then just bite them and let them hang out under the tongue for a minute?

Chem 91 looks amazing. The buds are going to be like fists :bravo:
I'm sure if you rough up the whole peppercorns they would soak in a good amount of the oil.

Or you could grind the peppercorns and put that under your tongue. Then you won't notice the sativa-caused anxiety for the burning in your mouth :p.
Just take a pinch o red between the gums and call me when you stop sneezing.

White is the worst....it's so damn fine.

I have some cbd iso that if I am feeling anxious, I will do a small dab that is about 75% that, basically only a dab of the thc stuff to make the iso stick.

Chemdog 91’
Day 159
Flower Day 59

Chem is just chugging right along towards the end. Packing on some weight. The lower buds are very dense as well now. She has maintained her droopiness since the day she got it. Lol. But she’s progressing well. Water will be next and then a growth drench. Here she is!

Royal Gorilla Automatic
Day 45

This is the apple of my eye right now. She’s at the same point as the AHa with feedings. This girl is already throwing on some frost though. Pretty far out on some of her leaves too. Thinking she may be a frosty one when it’s all said and done. All the girls get their Brix tomorrow. Here she is!

The last pic is from further down towards the bottom. Just as frosty there!

Dropped some beans for my next run. I was contemplating doing a guerilla grow with about 6 each of Stankberry, Alaskan Thunderfuck, and Durban Thunderfuck from Stank Genetics. I caught a lot of backlash on the homefront though. Lol. So I found a guy who is willing to let me grow a few on his property. This will be a mini guerilla grow since he lives in a subdivision. But we grew 7 there one time so I think we can pull it off. So I dropped 2 of each. If I get 3 females from the lot that will be a win for sure.

I also dropped 4 seeds for my next indoor run. I bought a little T5 light to start the seeds with. Hopefully that will let me get a little head start for the next tent run. I dropped 3 Pugsbreath regs from Thugpug Genetics and 1 Black Cherry O’s from In House Genetics. I’m still up in the air about what to do with them. I’d like to cross them. But I’m torn between using the male pollen if I get a male Pugsbreath or reversing one and pollinating both with that! Decisions decisions!

Back
Top Bottom