The Quadsquad Thread: A Community For Quadlining

Did some additional training on the girls tonight. Well, except for the White Widow #3 - she's going au naturale.

20191018_193855-2.jpg

This is day 13 for me. The top right one has the first two nodes removed and was topped already. The other 3 just have had the first two nodes removed. Quadline training is just around the corner for these girls!

Top left is Nepal Jam. Top right is CBDream. Bottom left is Bubba's Gift and bottom right is Gorilla Glue #4.

Hi all. Good to see everyone doing so well with their gardens.
I thought I’d come back and say thanks to the group again (thanks Everyone :D ) for making this method so easy to use.
This is flip day 53 for my Quartet of Quaddies. Grown from cuttings taken in flower, so with staggered nodes.
91FB3407-C5EA-4B8C-B7CB-F479126E934C.jpeg
FF88FD44-D74D-4C8F-A22D-9E8F65C1E6C8.jpeg
EBEB8B1A-F624-499A-96B9-ABFE007B2A49.jpeg
A3FF119D-16B5-461D-9B5B-5CBF03FC88F8.jpeg
72E0D8A5-0272-451E-8BE2-3D580D67BB5D.jpeg
D4C846ED-20C7-4852-9016-8E0F9FE4B09B.jpeg

Happy stem bending everybody :yummy:
Cheers
:morenutes:

Welcome to 420,GrowQ's :welcome:
About what space should you expect a quad'd plant to take up? About 2'X2'?
Yes,2x2 is about right-I'm growing 2 quads in a 2x2,and it's really one too many-my next grow is going to be one plant, so it has the space to spread out.

Hi all. Good to see everyone doing so well with their gardens.
I thought I’d come back and say thanks to the group again (thanks Everyone :D ) for making this method so easy to use.
This is flip day 53 for my Quartet of Quaddies. Grown from cuttings taken in flower, so with staggered nodes.
91FB3407-C5EA-4B8C-B7CB-F479126E934C.jpeg
FF88FD44-D74D-4C8F-A22D-9E8F65C1E6C8.jpeg
EBEB8B1A-F624-499A-96B9-ABFE007B2A49.jpeg
A3FF119D-16B5-461D-9B5B-5CBF03FC88F8.jpeg
72E0D8A5-0272-451E-8BE2-3D580D67BB5D.jpeg
D4C846ED-20C7-4852-9016-8E0F9FE4B09B.jpeg

Happy stem bending everybody :yummy:
Cheers
:morenutes:
These look great!

This is kind of a difficult question to answer. It depends on how long you want to veg them for as well as how much vertical space you have in your grow area. If you have nothing restricting your growing time then you can veg them for as long as you need to. If you look towards the very end of the first post of this thread I show you that you can quadline one plant in a 4'x4' area as well as you could do 4 smaller plants in that same area. Really the only difference was a 5 gallon pot instead of 3 gallon (and that doesn't take up that much more space) and that I was able to veg longer than I normally do. This actually points out a huge benefit of quadlining. You can use it however you need to depending on your space and time. If you want to flip them when they are smaller and will take up less space then you can. If you want to grow monsters and have the time, you also can. If you are limited in height you will have to go wider and that could effect your space.

I personally grow 4 plants in a 4x4' tent for an average grow. I don't have a ton of height restrictions (the top of a grow tent) and I have no time restrictions.

Yeah, it makes sense that you can grow em as big as you want to right, lol..

I have a 4x4 full height flower closet with a 1k hps I hope to fire up this winter, but I'll probably flower whatever worthy clones I have, so may not get to quadlining anytime soon, but it is an intriguing style.. Maybe I can even flower twice this winter before it is outdoor time and then I'll put all of my efforts, and legal plant allotment into the outdoor situation..

Anyone quadline outdoor monsters?

When I’ve grown 2 in a 2x4 I have a little space left and I might throw an auto in a small pot just to have a little variety there.

Hey @Asesino85 I have a question for you I’m getting ready to start training my plants and went to 3 different stores trying to fight the metal parts you are using to tie your branches down with. Do you know what they are called so I can get them online? :lot-o-toke:
Garden staples! I’ve got them at my local garden Center! They work fantastic with the use of a rubber coated tie! I’m just starting some quadlines now if you would like to tag along!

This is the link:Dutchmans Eternal Frost Factory

Here’ssome pictures from today’s training session

Glad I could help out my friend! I’ve got a few sizes 6” and 8” for different training situations but I would definitely recommend the rubber coated ties! They are a huge benefit just create a double ended hook and push the branch down to your desired happy place!
Massage the branch to be bent first to help it from not snapping!

Back
Top Bottom