The Mega Crop Thread

Day 20-2.JPG

Could this leaf curling be from over-feeding MC?

Oh dang! I'm going to have to figure this out as this will be the permanent veg tent. Guess a little humidifier is in order.
I run A dehumidifier all summer and a humidifier all winter. I don’t get in between. It’s one extreme to the other.

In summer air conditioning and my dehumidifier keeps it below 50% and in winter my homemade humidifier keeps it above 30% and I find in that range plants do fine at all stages.

I'm mixing bags. I'm taking the astonishing amount of soil that was not utilized by roots in this last grow and FFOF. This was only after seeking advice from Emily . My MC arrives tomorrow.

I prefer Pro Mix or my Faux Mix (link in signature) if we're casting votes. Others have used Fox Farms Ocean Forest, coco coir, and even Miracle Grow Organic with good results.

I need to start shopping for soil or a non hydro base for the next run of Autos. Even willing to mix bags. What would you buy to run with the MC?
that depends totally on your growing style... there are no right or wrong answers here.
I like to be able to walk away from my grow for days at a time... I do still have a life after all. For this primary reason, I love soil.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

I won't be growing until next spring. My plan is to just use some basic potting soil/top soil from my local hardware store. A 2/3 cubic foot bag is any where from $1.49 - $3.29. The top soil has three ingredients: aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss and not more than 10% sand. I will probably mix in some earthworm castings and some extra perlite. I can't see spending big bucks on Fox Farms or other soils while using MC. Others may disagree.

I won't be growing until next spring. My plan is to just use some basic potting soil/top soil from my local hardware store. A 2/3 cubic foot bag is any where from $1.49 - $3.29. The top soil has three ingredients: aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss and not more than 10% sand. I will probably mix in some earthworm castings and some extra perlite. I can't see spending big bucks on Fox Farms or other soils while using MC. Others may disagree.
I think you have an excellent plan and I would stick with exactly that. Our plants like 20% perlite. I also highly recommend Vulx.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom