The Mega Crop Thread

Open both and use them on a pair of clones to see which you like better?
I was sorta' joking with that remark, Mel. Sorry. Perhaps I joke around too much sometimes.

I've used the older version and I liked it. I've opened the newest version to see if it's "improved." :)

I'm not sure what version, here's what I got from the bag:
i'm pretty sure it's one of the earlier 2.
I've got a brand new bag of 11-5-14 MC and a new bag of the 9-6-17 MC.
For what it's worth, here is what I have for MC formulas starting with the one I bought, and the version numbers are my annotations:
v2: 9-6-17, Ca: 5.6, Mg: 2.3
v3: 10-8-15, Ca: 8.1, Mg: 3
v4: 11-5-14, Ca: 7.5, Mg: 1.4

You can see the ratio of Mg to Ca change from 1:2.5 to 1:2.7 to 1:5.3. Bluter adding calmag to v2 makes sense if the supplement is balanced as well. Adding it to v4 can send the Ca too high depending on the numbers.

I also have another version I never assigned a number to and don't know where it falls, which is 9-7-14, Ca: 7.5, Mg: 2.7 (1:2.8).

For what it's worth, here is what I have for MC formulas starting with the one I bought, and the version numbers are my annotations:

You can see the ratio of Mg to Ca change from 1:2.5 to 1:2.7 to 1:5.3. Bluter adding calmag to v2 makes sense if the supplement is balanced as well. Adding it to v4 can send the Ca too high depending on the numbers.

I also have another version I never assigned a number to and don't know where it falls, which is 9-7-14, Ca: 7.5, Mg: 2.7 (1:2.8).
Great summary Shed !
Maybe Greenleaf @Greenleaf Nutrients can advise also on which version is included in their online nutrient calculator ?

Not a problem, Tra! I'm used to being ignored! 😁
Omg with Sheds sad face, I am seriously not sure if you’re joking or not.

If you are in fact serious, I am legit sorry if you feel I’m ignoring you. I’m not. I’m just looking for the advice that best suits me and my style of growing. Just because someone doesn’t take your advice doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate the time it took for you to give it.

yeah it's version 2

Back
Top Bottom