Yer gonna need curlers to get that in a pot!!! :thedoubletake:
lol I know right?!

Normally in a conventional uppotting, I would fill the pot, stick my finger in the top of the soil, make a hole 2" deep and 4" across, lay the roots around the outer edges of the hole, and bury it in with the clone in the center.

With this being a bottom watered pot, I think I am going to prebuild the pot today on the perlite bed, for planting tomorrow, with a dowel about 2" in diameter running down the center of the top 12" of soil.

When I plant I will pull the dowel out, add some myco, drop the roots in, and backfill and spray as I go.

Hopefully that starts the main root towards the perlite.

20230214_081947.jpg

Here is the 12:12 gang at 15 days old. Note the bottom right one.

20230214_081933.jpg
20230214_081927.jpg

I'm not sure if this is genetic or an issue? Any thoughts? Same everything as the rest of them. Mutant included.
Should I cull it?

20230214_082011.jpg

Mutie is happy today.
20230214_081957.jpg

The Mutant Reaper and its sister are still hanging in there.
20230214_082000.jpg

The older White Ghost Peppers are starting to go now. Baby peppers are slow to get rolling. These need uppotting. And some fish ferts/ewc.

20230214_081947.jpg

Here is the 12:12 gang at 15 days old. Note the bottom right one.

20230214_081933.jpg
20230214_081927.jpg

I'm not sure if this is genetic or an issue? Any thoughts? Same everything as the rest of them. Mutant included.
Should I cull it?

20230214_082011.jpg

Mutie is happy today.
20230214_081957.jpg

The Mutant Reaper and its sister are still hanging in there.
20230214_082000.jpg

The older White Ghost Peppers are starting to go now. Baby peppers are slow to get rolling. These need uppotting. And some fish ferts/ewc.
Pains me to cull anything. March on for science my friend.

20230214_091242.jpg
20230214_091235.jpg

@Azimuth check this out. Its massive fungal growth thats way bigger than what I normally see. I put a large ziplock freezer bag full of frozen pumpkin in this tray. Have you explored pumpkin as an option with knf/jadam? Fungus seems to love it. That tray is only 4 days old.
My worms sure love pumpkin.

Man You charge you bio char ( not really bio char till you charge it until then it's just char) with that and you'd have a nice fungal colony house going on
Take a chunk of that fungi a brew a KICK ASS tea with that!! Alot of grower's are looking for that fungal content in our living soils

Well there's different recipes but a simple one is take 4 or 5 cups of that fungi/Worm casting about 1/8 cup of alfalfa meal put that in a paint strainer bag (local hardware store) fill a 5gallon food grade bucket with non chlorinated water at room temp or whatever ever temp your grow room is put 1tbs humic acid and 1 tbs Good fish hydroslate I use Pacific Gro with 10% Bio char in the bucket and mix well until the humic acid is mixed in the water good no clumps take the bag and slowly put it in the bucket don't let the contents fall in the water then massage the contents in the bag for a couple minutes to get out into the water, the fungal hyphe, tie up the bag and hang it on the inside of the bucket in the water and add air and then brew for 24 to 36 hrs anything under 72 degrees brew longer fungi take longer to multiply than bacteria here's a pic of my set up it's called ACT aerated compost tea and what you are doing is multiplying the microbes. Dr Elaine Ingram on YOUTUBE she's got some good info on this and it seems like alot of work but I got to tell you it's worth it but after the alotted time brewing takes and strain the contents so no solids get in your solution you don't want the bio solids it's usually anerobic and BAD SHIT! when you're done you can dilute 50/50 for a foilar spray or I use it full strength for a French but after you Brew take your Black owl char and soak it in the tea that will absorb ALL THOSE GOODIES into then incorporated it into your soil. Ingram has some good food casts on YouTube about Bio char as well!! You'll dig it once you get the hang of it and your soil and plants will Digg it even better KIS organic (Keep it Simple. Com) has a good tested brew kit but you don't need that but research it I think you'd like it if you're an organic grower ALOT of benifiets using that Bio char ,✌️ Ron from Michigan

IMG_20230213_102135.jpg

IMG_20230213_102154.jpg

IMG_20230214_181855.jpg

Ok, cool. I just stuck a CBD seed in my mix yesterday. As soon as it pops I'll put it under 12/12 for 10 days as well since I'm needing a female and only have one more seed left so I want to know asap.

So after 10 days I switch it back to 18/6 and we think we'll see preflowers even in veg at around 30 days.

Do I have that right?
Gentlemen, Start your Engines! The seedling is breaking ground so I move it to the flower box under 12/12.

That brings up the next question, 10 days from when? Breaking soil, first leaves, first true leaves?

@StoneOtter do you remember the detail? I looked in the TLO book but didn't see it listed there.

20230214_091235.jpg

@Azimuth check this out. Its massive fungal growth thats way bigger than what I normally see. I put a large ziplock freezer bag full of frozen pumpkin in this tray. Have you explored pumpkin as an option with knf/jadam? Fungus seems to love it. That tray is only 4 days old.
I have. Good source of K. I include it with my fruit and flower extracts for flower. Good stuff. :thumb:

I have. Good source of K. I include it with my fruit and flower extracts for flower. Good stuff. :thumb:
Everyone is HAPPY HAPPY my soil and ladies REALLY like that Bio char in my soil, it helps with storing water so less watering and microbe and nutrient storage within the air pockets of the char I'm a LAZY farmer what can I say!!

IMG_20230215_054414.jpg

IMG_20230215_054425.jpg

Gentlemen, Start your Engines! The seedling is breaking ground so I move it to the flower box under 12/12.

That brings up the next question, 10 days from when? Breaking soil, first leaves, first true leaves?

@StoneOtter do you remember the detail? I looked in the TLO book but didn't see it listed there.
I found he saying the following on Skunk.

READ NEXT​

Photoperiods Growing Cannabis Indoors
What I do is transition my plants slowly through their own seasons by changing my photoperiods more subtly. Now, if you look at your regular outdoor daylight hours around springtime, you will see they are actually well below 16/8 and closer to 12/12 actually. Let’s have a look at my lighting schedule next. Then I’ll break it down for ya…
  1. Sprouts always get a 12/12 photoperiod for their first ten days above ground.
  2. After those ten days, I use an 18/6 photoperiod.
  3. About ten days before flowering, I use a 16/8 photoperiod.
  4. During flowering, I use a 12/12 photoperiod unless I am flowering heirloom/landrace sativas.

I found he saying the following on Skunk.

READ NEXT​

Photoperiods Growing Cannabis Indoors
What I do is transition my plants slowly through their own seasons by changing my photoperiods more subtly. Now, if you look at your regular outdoor daylight hours around springtime, you will see they are actually well below 16/8 and closer to 12/12 actually. Let’s have a look at my lighting schedule next. Then I’ll break it down for ya…
  1. Sprouts always get a 12/12 photoperiod for their first ten days above ground.
  2. After those ten days, I use an 18/6 photoperiod.
  3. About ten days before flowering, I use a 16/8 photoperiod.
  4. During flowering, I use a 12/12 photoperiod unless I am flowering heirloom/landrace sativas.
Humm never tried that with the lights that is food for thought honestly I just do it in my veg room right with everything thing else clones beans tomatoes pepper marijuana I just keep em away from the light my thoughts are if I keep them on the same schedule 18/6 it'll keep the stress low I've tried 24 hrs on to sprout ,works ok but I found going through All the trouble to set up for seeds and clones you know white spectrum 6,000k or mixed spectrum 4000 k I can just do it in the veg room with the mixed spectrum just as well as for outside hrs here in Michigan it like 11 hrs daylight now but we're gaining I made the mistake of putting the ladies under natural light alone to early w/out any supplemental light like in April ha they started to flower CRAP! They turned out ok but they grew all weird like when they do if you re veg one outta flower I've flowered a plant 2 times you can do them up to 3 times I budded it once Harvested ,turned lights back on 18/6 and put it outside in the spring grew it all summer long BIGGEST and BEST harvest I ever had one 1 plant almost 3lbs cut hung and bottled that was a northern lights back in the 90's!

Back
Top Bottom