And she's offering to make me some pads??

:laughtwo:

Hope everything turns out OK. 🫤
Thanks SO, Thanks Azi.

She probably would if you give me dimensions Azi. It would cost peanuts to mail it. Well at the price of food theses days... It would probably cost less than peanuts to mail it.

I would guess you have myco all the way to the root tips, I am just curious if a "dam" of myco in that pad may regulate the gradient better? Myco has a big influence on water uptake regulation. Hmmmmm....

I will find out when I get home next week I suppose...

It seems that there is a large upswing in grow journals using organic commercial supersoils that are showing major potassium and/or magnesium deficiencies. This is my commercial blend and I reammend with the same ingredients. I use 10gal cloth pots so my soil can be slightly milder than The Rev's which makes myco a lot happier.

20230113_094125.jpg

I spent 4 years playing with soil recipes and at the end of the day,(1440 days actually🤣🤣🤣) I can't really make it better or cheaper than this commercial blend reasonably. I can, but the savings are minimal, and the "better" is minimal. All these ingredients should be in your global mix for a chance at a successful "Water Only" grow. Throw in 2 of the Rev's flower spikes and 1 of his veg spikes and you will have a perfect maintenance free grow only requiring microbe teas ( I use 1 in veg and 1 in flower) and a steady supply of fish ferts to feed the fungus. This grows healthy enough plants that in 6 years I have had zero pest outbreaks.

Here is a breakdown of whats really in it:

Coco Coir - Phosphorous Potassium (trace amounts of boron, calcium, chlorine, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nitrogen and zinc.)

Calcite - CaCO3

Limestone - Calcite, Dolomite

Dolomite - Calcium carbonate Magnesium carbonate, and lesser amounts of chlorine, phosphorus, and potassium, in addition to more than 20 other trace elements.

Feather Meal - Slow release nitrogen

Fish bone meal - Calcium, Phosphorous, many many trace elements

Guanos - Nitrogen, Phosphorous. Trace elements are sulfur, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chloride, boron, molybdenum iron, manganese, zinc and copper.

Gypsum - Calcium, Sulphur

Greensand - 10% total potash (0.2% soluble), along with iron, magnesium, silica and as many as 60 other slow-release trace minerals.

Kelp Meal - N,P,K and 60 minerals and elements including iodine, 21 amino acids, and 12 vitamins (including A, C, B12, thiamin, and vitamin E or tocopherol).

Non - GMO Alfalfa meal - nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium

Non - Gmo Soy Bean Meal - Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and many trace elements

Rock Dust - too many micros to list

Rock Phosphate - Phosphorous, Calcium.

Its made by Bluesky Organics and if your a new grower and want a successful place to start use this... It works...period. Add extra myco at uppotting and rely on hydrolysed fish ferts low dose 1.5ml/l of water once a week from sprout til 14 days before harvest for the myco, and you will impress the crowd, not to mention be smoking the best weed you ever have...well for now... it will get even better as you learn.

I'm not advocating for Blue Sky, simply saying that if your organic blend doesn't have this you WILL be tail-chasing unless you have mastered some work-arounds for a lesser system. If you buy commercial soil please read the ingredients. Its vital that all these ingredients are in the global mix. Myco is smarter than us so stay out of its way.

Here is a great presentation on building proper healthy soil and how it all works, and how to diagnose and recognize problems.

If you are having deficencies or a sluggish grow this hour of time will get you pointed in a direction.

Its the very basic fundamentals which in organics are almost 100% of the grow.

It puts it all into perspective in a really easy to understand format.

Glen is a fairly entertaining fellow who really knows his stuff.

Yeah its about calcium. Everything else too. But it all starts with calcium.

If you learn 1 thing from it then you had 1 fundamental wrong.

Enjoy.

Most of his seeds that I have grown were on the smaller side but I haven't noticed any viability differences between big or small.

The 2 smallest seeds I planted for my current grow are my 2 currently largest plants. So I have no idea what influences seed size outside of maturity and even maturity seems to have little impact

Thanks @Gee64! I really enjoyed that video by Glen Rabenberg. Awesome. :thanks:

Funny, for my current grow I was too lazy and didn't want to risk a hernia to cart my heavy pots downstairs to convert them to SIPS, and instead I created crude 'root aeration chambers', so I am quite rapt to realise how much this guy is emphasising air in the soil. Anyway, as you were.

Thanks @Gee64! I really enjoyed that video by Glen Rabenberg. Awesome. :thanks:

Funny, for my current grow I was too lazy and didn't want to risk a hernia to cart my heavy pots downstairs to convert them to SIPS, and instead I created crude 'root aeration chambers', so I am quite rapt to realise how much this guy is emphasising air in the soil. Anyway, as you were.
Hi Stunger. I'm glad you liked it. He takes a lot of soil basics and puts it all into words that are very easy for us to understand.

He tells you the how-to's" but he also explains the "why's" which really helps you understand the big picture.

After a week of travel I am finally home. What a treat I found in my veg tent!

My Swicky pad the wife made worked beautifully to keep the pot watered and I had a foot of new growth.

There are roots poking through the pot extensively in the bottom half of the pot walls and the mycellium has infested the swick pad.

The plant still hasn't become sexually mature so I can't determine sex yet but hopefully a in couple more weeks we will know.

It was manifolded to 4 tops before I left and definitely needs to be topped to 8, I just have to see how many clones I can manage to get from it before I start hacking and come up with a plan of attack.

Today I will prep a bunch of soil, and formulate a plan.

As for the testing of whether or not seeds will show sex sooner under 12/12, I have decided to go with my Batchelor Kush seeds that I made from crossing a Rose Kush female with a Cinderella 99 male. I grew one outdoors last year and it was stellar AND finished early enough to beat the frosts in my region so I would like to get some clones from the sexiest one to grow outdoors this year.

I will also start some C99 x C99 seeds that I made from some Kingdom Organics C99 F4's to see what pheno's arrive there for an indoor grow.

The c99's will be sprouted under 16/8. All will be germinated directly into soil. Busy day or 2 ahead.

I will post pictures later of the roots and the mycellium infestation when I dig my way into the tent.

The pomegranate is consuming the entire tent! I may need a chainsaw to get in.

Look this isn’t grow related, but every time I look at my Watched Threads list thingy, I big smile when I see your thread title. It’s proper punny. And I’m all about a good pun!
We're glad you've found it Tra!

Back
Top Bottom