Perfect for veg, and if those numbers need to sustain a flowering plant for a few days they’ll be fine. If it were me I’d use it as an opportunity to learn what happens to your plant in this circumstance. See if they stretch at all at this age with lower light. Watch how your leaves respond (you’ll likely see greater prayer angles and find that the leaves are your best light response indicators). And watch her color closely over the time in there. If it goes a week or ten days, you might start to see a small change, idk. But this will in all likelihood happen from time to time for whatever reason - broken light, faulty driver, monsoon wiping out the power grid, etc. I find it useful to see how the plants respond to that specific stress. There are also many “Oops how’d I do that?” parallels that will sort of reflect what you have going on, such as some of you oops and “rookie mistake” light comments in the app discussion. If you accidentally are running the light too low for a while, watching your now situation to this end will make you more comfortable next time something goes south.
Thats good knowledge Jon!👍

I don't have the space to store / mix amendments so I buy craft soil and I'm only too happy to have someone mix my soil for me. It's a slower way to imbibe the knowledge but I have faith that the soil crafters know what they are doing (probably copying tried and tested recipes). The soil retailers can compare soils which is a rich knowledge base and that is great for me too because I appreciate their guidance with what to select and how best to optimize my soil and growing conditions. The intended benefit is that I should have a balanced cannabis soil as my baseline. In theory I shouldn't have to worry about anything at all. Enter Gees micro world and there is so much that affects the herd and the brix. It's not as simple as adding water! Nor even is adding water :laugh: Then the talk comes from @Keffka (is it Keffka who talks about this?) about strain specific mycos, and Gee again with feeding the worms specific nutrients to optimize what he gets out in his EWC! So much to learn about nature. 420 Mag offers masterclasses in organics. I think LOS growers are actual alchemists and magicians.

I think LOS growers are actual alchemists and magicians.
I retract and edit: I think cannabis growers are actual alchemists and magicians.

I don't have the space to store / mix amendments so I buy craft soil and I'm only too happy to have someone mix my soil for me. It's a slower way to imbibe the knowledge but I have faith that the soil crafters know what they are doing (probably copying tried and tested recipes). The soil retailers can compare soils which is a rich knowledge base and that is great for me too because I appreciate their guidance with what to select and how best to optimize my soil and growing conditions. The intended benefit is that I should have a balanced cannabis soil as my baseline. In theory I shouldn't have to worry about anything at all. Enter Gees micro world and there is so much that affects the herd and the brix. It's not as simple as adding water! Nor even is adding water :laugh: Then the talk comes from @Keffka (is it Keffka who talks about this?) about strain specific mycos, and Gee again with feeding the worms specific nutrients to optimize what he gets out in his EWC! So much to learn about nature. 420 Mag offers masterclasses in organics. I think LOS growers are actual alchemists and magicians.
Carmen I started out using a supersoil called Bluesky Supersoil. Its likely similar to what you use, as most cannabis bagged soils are similar. By adding 4 spikes from The Rev's book, 3 flower and 1 veg, I grew fantastic weed. If you want to boost your pots I highly recommend spikes. You can mix up a gallon and put it in a container and you have spikes for years. It turns commercial soils into next level grows.

I retract and edit: I think cannabis growers are actual alchemists and magicians.
I agree. Its such a cool plant. To grow that fast in that short of a time allows you to "express" your style with slmost instant gratification, so you get a lot of really cool Alchemy and Magic. I also grow orchids. They are so slow. Not much Alchemy there. Weed is DaBomb.

Carmen I started out using a supersoil called Bluesky Supersoil. Its likely similar to what you use, as most cannabis bagged soils are similar. By adding 4 spikes from The Rev's book, 3 flower and 1 veg, I grew fantastic weed. If you want to boost your pots I highly recommend spikes. You can mix up a gallon and put it in a container and you have spikes for years. It turns commercial soils into next level grows.
Ooooh, will you give me some lekker spike recipes please?!

Hi Gee, interesting stuff as always. Why do you wait 56 days before you flip? Is it strain related to the Durban you grow and you know how much it will stretch or is there a different reason?
Hi Gidorah. Sort of yes. I mainly grow Durban and it usually takes about 49 days to become fully sexually mature. 56 guarantees it. Each strain is different.

Once all your nodes are staggered and you will be delarfing all unstaggered nodes, so all your flowers come from staggered nodes, you will get a noticably higher resin content.

Some strains will mature sooner, some later, but 56 works for Durban.

Then there is timing between the veg tent and flower. Durban takes 70 days to flower so if I swap in a longer flowering strain that takes longer to become sexually mature, I have 14 extra days to play with. 56 and 70 for Durban gives me 2 weeks to harvest, hang, trim, and jar before I need to start more seeds.

For clone grows its all irrelivent, as clones are as old as the mother they came from so once the mother is 56 days old, or whatever minimum is required by the strain being used, then all clones are mature too.

I will. I can't get to it until later but I will get them to you. They are straight out of The Rev's recipe and work so well I have never tinkered with them.
Here is an interesting tidbit on spikes. When I use my soil its far less evident, but when I spike a weaker commercial soil its pretty cool.

Imagine a round pot with a plant in the center. About 75% of the way out to the edges, into the area of new soil if you just uppotted, at 12 o clock, 3, 6, and 9 you place 4 spikes. Punched in from top to about 1 inch from the bottom of the pot.

When you dissect that rootball you see main roots grow out to the 4 spikes and then towers of feeder roots completely surrounding the spikes, and you end up with a plant in the middle tethered by a few main roots to 4 towers of feeder roots surrounding the spikes.

Plants are amazing.

Ooooh, will you give me some lekker spike recipes please?!
Here's something for you to look at Carmen. These two are what I add two each in a ten gallon pot. The N one is a veg spike and the other is a flowering one.
1695913498008.png

While you wait will you open the old one up to see if there's an open wiring circuit you can fix up quick until the new one gets in?
I will wait until the new one arrives and then if they don't want the old one back I will dissect it like a rootball...Oh Yeah!

I also have my Perfectsun Goliath that lost a driver and is only running on half its diodes that needs a dissection too. I would love to have that light back. It grows awesome weed.

Winter stuff😎

Any chance Stone that your an electronics guy? I may need advice.

Here's something for you to look at Carmen. These two are what I add two each in a ten gallon pot. The N one is a veg spike and the other is a flowering one.
1695913498008.png
And 1 part Big Toe!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yeah those look like the same recipes I use. Those are good ones👍
Isn't it meant to be eye of newt and toe of 🐸? :cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you both! Gee man, I'm not in a hurry for recipes yet. I'll plan it for a different grow. Let me first see how this new soil performs without the spikes.

So I have a discussion I would like to start with you all. Its about a subject I really know very little about. Full newbie status on my part. Autos. I want to grow them outdoors and I know it's going to be a rabbit hole so I want to get ahead of the curve. In general I understand them but my 1st question is "Can you, and if so how can you make seeds?"

If I'm going to grow outdoors I may as well play with pollen.

So I have a discussion I would like to start with you all. Its about a subject I really know very little about. Full newbie status on my part. Autos. I want to grow them outdoors and I know it's going to be a rabbit hole so I want to get ahead of the curve. In general I understand them but my 1st question is "Can you, and if so how can you make seeds?"

If I'm going to grow outdoors I may as well play with pollen.
Oh how exciting Gee! People to talk to about this are Justin Goody and I think ChefDGreen. Admin Joe Brewster may know a thing or two about outdoor auto growing.

same same Gee, I don’t grow autos often or well for that matter

I’ve read where it’s best to start autos indoors with consistent, stable enviro then transfer outdoor once they are well established

@Justin Goody has been making autoflower beans

BooWho2 is killing it with autos… think she tops and transplants her autos on the same day

also DeeBoy is an auto grower aficionado

Carmen is fast on the draw :)

same same Gee, I don’t grow autos often or well for that matter

I’ve read where it’s best to start autos indoors with consistent, stable enviro then transfer outdoor once they are well established

@Justin Goody has been making autoflower beans

BooWho2 is killing it with autos… think she tops and transplants her autos on the same day

also DeeBoy is an auto grower aficionado

Carmen is fast on the draw :)
Thank you 013, and am I glad to see you. I was looking something up in my journal and I noticed a remark from you that I hadn't responded to months ago! I'm sorry. It's nice to see you again :)

Others who I follow in the autos dept. are Virgin Ground and LKABudMan. My dear friend Nev too but he isn't journaling atm.

Back
Top Bottom