I think that's right. And, it's not a competition. Each grower gravitates to the style they prefer for a multitude of reasons. Your cloth pots may very well grow bigger plants than a comparably sized SIP. It makes sense that there would be more availability of air all around the pot.

All the high growth methodologies like Hydro, SIP, SWICK, and Fabric Pots all share common elements from ample availability of both water and air, and especially air to the roots. They each do them slightly differently but all do both particularly well.

From there we each dial in our own grows. I've said on many occasions that I'm not trying to maximize everything on my end. My space is too confined to grow much bigger plants than I already do, and I don't really need all that much to begin with.

My contention is that every soil mix grower needs to try a grow with one of these options at least once. Simply by changing the container you grow in and how you water (which is sooo much easier to get right) you almost automatically become a better grower.
This is very well explained too. I'd like to take your post and link to the swick club thread. Would you mind if I did that? I want to copy Gee's explanation too. I think it is informative for people considering sub-irrigation to have access to this clarity and motivation. I'm just trying to figure out the most effective way to do that. May I? And @Gee64, may I link your explanation to the swick thread?

of course 👍👊
This is very well explained too. I'd like to take your post and link to the swick club thread. Would you mind if I did that? I want to copy Gee's explanation too. I think it is informative for people considering sub-irrigation to have access to this clarity and motivation. I'm just trying to figure out the most effective way to do that. May I? And @Gee64, may I link your explanation to the swick thread👍👊

I'm really curious to see just how far my 1.6gals will go. I'm at 4.5 weeks of flower and usually at 5 weeks I see the beginnings of starvation, but before that the plant loses vigor at about week 4 so I would then start the rescue. I haven't seen that yet so passive bottom watering is already better.

I am also purposely not adding ewc up top to see if/when low calcium cuts off nitrogen, and I would normally have seen that for sure by now.

It is very also very interesting to see 2 clones side by side, one in a 10gal and 1 in a 1.6gal. You definitely see the difference that pot size makes.

Its been a fun winter.

Now I have to go work a 2nd job to buy Azi a camera so we can see his Voodoo Alchemy at work🤪

This is very well explained too. I'd like to take your post and link to the swick club thread. Would you mind if I did that? I want to copy Gee's explanation too. I think it is informative for people considering sub-irrigation to have access to this clarity and motivation. I'm just trying to figure out the most effective way to do that. May I? And @Gee64, may I link your explanation to the swick thread?
Ok with me. :thumb:

20230418_083304.jpg
20230418_083322.jpg
20230418_083329.jpg
20230418_083417.jpg
20230418_083420.jpg

So.... Have you ever done something really stupid and then figured it out and thought " Geez I'm an idiot?" Well it just happened to me.

I have been extremely busy since getting back from Florida so I haven't really been in the garden, autowatering has been in control but last night I went in to check it and was like WTF???!!!??? why are my leaves going yellow? I could understand the 1.6gals starving but not the 10gal, which is actually yellowing more. I didn't add spikes or layers but again, the 10gal should be fine.

So I counted up the days and its 6 weeks of flower and I'm really scratching my head thinking "They look like they're finishing" and it hits me.... I developed this strain to finish early as an outdoor strain but I have never grown it indoors, so I chop a leaf, throw it under the microscope and sure as shit the trichs are going cloudy, and in about 2 weeks or a bit less they should be ripe. I'm so used to 10 weeks that this had me all freaked out lol.

The lack of spikes and layers has them whispier than usual but the 1.6gals are going to make the finish line! Yayyy Me! So for anyone wanting an early hybrid crossing a kush with Cinderella-99 appears to be a great cross. It finishes outdoors in mid October and indoors I'm guessing bang on 8 weeks.

Hopefully they fatten up like the outdoor grow did but if not.... oh well, it smells divine.

20230518_124407.jpg

Here are the 4 Durban Poison babies now at 29 days old.

They are in 10gal pots and were just manifolded to 4 mains yesterday.

I will manifold them to 8 mains and then let them grow until day 56 for flip.

The clone branches are still on as well for some cloning closer to flip.

This grow will be top watered.

The soil is a new batch. It is 5 gallons of BlueSky Supersoil, 3 gallons of EWC, 1 gallon of coco, and 1 gallon of perlite.

I also put 4 flower spikes in without any veg spikes. I want to try to get my brix up quicker and use less coco overall. Lets hope it works.

Looking good GEE! How you been?
Busy. Really busy. But its grow time again now😎. I have 4 Durban Poisons going and I mixed up 20 gallons of recycled soil for indoor growing next grow.

I am in the process of mixing up 2 other 20 gallon batches for outdoors. Thats actually what I'm doing right now.

I have the soil and compost all mixed together and I'm about to dump in a couple gallons of amendments to each tub and let it cook.

I planted 5 Purple Kush seeds this morning. The best 2 will get the outdoor pots for the summer.

Manual labor sucks lol.

How about you? Are you growing outdoors this year?

You're about to have a great garden!
I am. One of mine, a cherries dubelee, and an african sativa of Lerugged's that should make our summer season, an IKLWA that has quite a history. They're about to go in the ground any day!
Hey SO I’m curious as to what you think about that Sativa finishing before winter starts? CL🍀 :thumb: :popcorn::cheesygrinsmiley:

You're about to have a great garden!
I am. One of mine, a cherries dubelee, and an african sativa of Lerugged's that should make our summer season, an IKLWA that has quite a history. They're about to go in the ground any day!
That sativa of Leruggeds sounds amazing. He had a cool Gramps😎❤️.

Hey SO I’m curious as to what you think about that Sativa finishing before winter starts? CL🍀 :thumb: :popcorn::cheesygrinsmiley:
I asked Lerugged if any of them would make my season and he said IKLWA would/could finish in 63 to 70 days. That pushes my season to the limit but with a little luck will work.
That sativa of Leruggeds sounds amazing. He had a cool Gramps😎❤️.
Boy did he ever! I'm going to try to reverse a branch and make some fems to preserve her.

I don't really like having mother plants around. They are high maintenance and they get in the way, but I would make a permanent exception for a strain like that.

Then hunt those fem seeds until you hit just the right pheno and have 2 mothers😎😩
Yeah mothers are a commitment!

20230530_130013.jpg

I was hunting through old jars today looking for weed I will never smoke to add to a worm tray. I came across 2 jars of this😎 Its Candida CD-1 sativa pheno. A CBD only strain and the sativa pheno is higher rated than the indica pheno.

It smells sweet and a bit lemony. It was grown indoors and harvested in August 2021. Its been sealed in a jar ever since.

I think I may try it out😈🥰

Back
Top Bottom