Well that's a tough one. The light died, and I lost my brix, and I can tell just by looking at them that they aren't firing on all cylinders, and then there is the drastic tip burn, which I chock up to the extra calcium, or the fact that it was added last minute, but the leaves are ghetto now, however, the added calcium made the overall grow very easy, just top dressing and fish water, and the pots aren't tight at all, and then there's the buds. Some hairs got browned when the tips burnt, but the overall quality of the buds are exactly what I was hoping for, so..... Considering what these plants have been through I think the results are excellent! I love this soil for a first run.

But to answer your question, on a scale of 1-10, an 8 or 9 on buds for what this strain can do, and a 4 for how the grow is going.

I also learned a lot about light, and where the too much line is, so that's a plus. I am happy at how easily I adjusted to the new light. Maybe a 5.
:oops: Wow. You have any pictures of a competent grow you did? Love to see one you rate a 10/10. Ever achieve that?

:oops: Wow. You have any pictures of a competent grow you did? Love to see one you rate a 10/10. Ever achieve that?
but the leaves are ghetto now

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Christ. The standards.

lol no, and like I said, the colas on this grow are nice, just imagine no burnt tips, or very little, and that would be an average grow. I have lots of pictures on my old phone. I will dig them up. Good grows, bad grows, weird science, lots of different sativas. My last light was a pefectsun goliath, so all the pictures are a blurplish tint. Probably some small pot grows too.

lol no, and like I said, the colas on this grow are nice, just imagine no burnt tips, or very little, and that would be an average grow. I have lots of pictures on my old phone. I will dig them up. Good grows, bad grows, weird science, lots of different sativas. My last light was a pefectsun goliath, so all the pictures are a blurplish tint. Probably some small pot grows too.
I just checked out your first grow. Question: you still do the 72 hours of dark thing?

I just checked out your first grow. Question: you still do the 72 hours of dark thing?
I tried it alot, and it only seems to work on some strains. I haven't done it in a long time.

I also found oddly enough that it never worked on clones. I'm not sure if I just never tried the right strain or what.

When it works though it blows your mind. They are so frosty they shimmer. Like wet ice.

I tried it alot, and it only seems to work on some strains. I haven't done it in a long time.

I also found oddly enough that it never worked on clones. I'm not sure if I just never tried the right strain or what.

When it works though it blows your mind. They are so frosty they shimmer. Like wet ice.
I’ve never tried it. The way I also heard you can use dark is to give them 24 hours of dark right as you flip. When you open the tent, at least in the one time my buddy tried it, it’s as if they e been in flower for days and are starting to make budlets. Ever try that one?

I’ve never tried it. The way I also heard you can use dark is to give them 24 hours of dark right as you flip. When you open the tent, at least in the one time my buddy tried it, it’s as if they e been in flower for days and are starting to make budlets. Ever try that one?
My thing about it is, there’s no such thing as a three day eclipse in nature. Lol:

No, but that's interesting.

My thing about it is, there’s no such thing as a three day eclipse in nature. Lol:
lol no, I suppose not🤣🤣 But you never know what stressors do what until you try. My buddy is a hardcore synthetic grower and he swears by the last 72 hours he has ice cubes melting on the soil surface. He says it boosts resin.

lol no, I suppose not🤣🤣 But you never know what stressors do what until you try. My buddy is a hardcore synthetic grower and he swears by the last 72 hours he has ice cubes melting on the soil surface. He says it boosts resin.
Well, 72 hours of dark is one thing. I’ve heard all the others, including ice cubes. I put all that crap in the same category as the mushroom grow bags. Silly. But the dark thing is different. I may try it. But at the moment I’m way sold on the droughting thing. With autos? Who cares if they get ugly?

Well, 72 hours of dark is one thing. I’ve heard all the others, including ice cubes. I put all that crap in the same category as the mushroom grow bags. Silly. But the dark thing is different. I may try it. But at the moment I’m way sold on the droughting thing. With autos? Who cares if they get ugly?
Droughting definitely works, but I don't like my weed that strong. It's very cool how you can effect things though.

Day 16 of Veg.

20231123_065520.jpg

Little LC.

20231123_065524.jpg

Iklwa.

20231123_065528.jpg

RVDV.

20231123_065531.jpg

And the wildling Wild Lady.

I gave them all some fish water and a myco drench 48 hours ago. The hunger seems to have stopped, but I need to turn it around.

The extra watering from the fish and the myco drench has them heavy with water, but as they dry for the next week or so the roots should find bottom in the big pots and they will start to get bigger.

If hunger persists I will start to feed EWC far sooner than normal.

The mulch is to keep the myco drench in the dark.

I may have to incorporate some heat mats into the equation.

I almost always have ewc in my soil when I sprout them. Sometimes I put the seed just under the top dressing.
Fwiw
I do have 25% ewc in the soil, but normally I don't top dress more at this early an age. I will give the myco another 3 or 4 days to establish, and get some more in there. They need to dry a bit right now.

I found 4 more leaves today, so I am going to have to interveen. I'm brewing a tea. I don't want to add to the soil, I like this soil, but I need more bug poop.

The low level deficiency that's chasing me is minerals thankfully, and not nitrogen, and my ewc farm IS my mineral processor, so it will be a simple tea. Molasses, kelp (just because), EWC, and some topdressing mineral mix.

I'll bubble the water, kelp, molasses, and topdress for 24 hours, then add EWC, and bubble again for usually about 18 hours, then use it. Liquid EWC pretty much.

This is for 2 gallons of brew
1 tbsp Molasses
1 solo cup EWC
4 tbsp topdressing minerals
1 tbsp kelp

I'll cut it 50/50 with RO water before using. Each pot will get a gallon poured in really gently, and I won't adjust the auto-watering.

It will be a bit wetter for a day, but I want that gallon to get everywhere in there.

Hopefully the leaf tips are ready for this🤣.

Back
Top Bottom