The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

No waterfall and stream flowing in the back yard.
The brook on one side, the two streams surrounding the house, and pond are fine.
At this point, I'll wait for the end of summer sale on fountain pumps for the waterfall and stream.
(I also need electricity and more tubiing to gather water from the deeper, non-sandy location.)

Today was the first day I saw flowers on those poison ivy fighting 'touch me not' plants.

20150815_162620-1.jpg

20150815_162708-1.jpg

No waterfall and stream flowing in the back yard.
The brook on one side, the two streams surrounding the house, and pond are fine.
At this point, I'll wait for the end of summer sale on fountain pumps for the waterfall and stream.
(I also need electricity and more tubiing to gather water from the deeper, non-sandy location.)

Today was the first day I saw flowers on those poison ivy fighting 'touch me not' plants.

20150815_162620-1.jpg

20150815_162708-1.jpg

Jewel weed. Excellent Rad. Cultivate a happy home for them. See if you can find a way to gently encourage their expansion. These are valuable assets on your property. As a bonus, they live up to their name, don't they? Yours are particularly lovely. Vibrant colors.

Jewel weed. Excellent Rad. Cultivate a happy home for them. See if you can find a way to gently encourage their expansion. These are valuable assets on your property. As a bonus, they live up to their name, don't they? Yours are particularly lovely. Vibrant colors.

I have added about 50sq ft of Jewel Weed patch snce we moved in. Mostly in drained backwater out front where the bluebirds play.

Highlight of the day: After 2 years, the first chipmunk took a peanut from an outstrectched hand - the missus' hand of course :)

I have added about 50sq ft of Jewel Weed patch snce we moved in. Mostly in drained backwater out front where the bluebirds play.

Highlight of the day: After 2 years, the first chipmunk took a peanut from an outstrectched hand - the missus' hand of course :)

That Jewel weed flower is so pretty! Almost looks like it's in the Orchid family. Thanks for posting that. I've added it to my list of yard wants. :thanks:

Awwww.....that's too cool on the chipmunk buddy. Pretty soon she'll have him in her hand petting it.

:hug:

Of course. :laughtwo:

Good Mornfternoon everyone. :)

It's a beautiful morning here, I was up early and went outside to watch the sunrise (what I could see through the trees. LOL)

I went outside for break at work last night just in time to watch the sunset over the water, a few clouds on the horizon and it made it spectacular colors with a lovely sparkly reflection line on the gently wavy water.

So, I was thinking this morning that maybe we could have a month of featuring the sun? Sunsets, sunrise, reflections.....anything that features the sun in the photo.

After all, it's summer...the Sunshine is what makes the season. :)

:circle-of-love:

I never directly upload pictures from my phone and am not sure how to make them right- way up... I'm headed home later today and am going to take an adventure route. We'll see if there are any good sun/ sky picture oppertunities. The sky is an amazing blue here today.

:rofl:

We'll just make believe it's the side branches of the tree. :)

Now you realize that's a tempting blank canvas of blue for me......might be likely to add something to that. LOL

Highlight of my day so far, I have the sprinklers on. It is so hot here today, the hummingbirds are drinking like crazy. I just sat here and watched two of them playing in the sprinklers. Just hanging in the air in one spot letting the water beads drop on them.

Thanks Rado. I think I'll just stick to putting them on the computer and checking them out on the big screen. Today was an emergency measure. Wanted to give Canna some sunshine quickly and efficiently.

image30484.jpg

Sunset on the river. At one point it sparkles like jewels. One of my favorite times of the day.

It's been crazy hot Canna, well humid! I'm still planting seeds though, just in short bursts... :)

The last time I took a pic of the sun, I was seeing spots for awhile... :laughtwo:

It's been crazy hot Canna, well humid! I'm still planting seeds though, just in short bursts... :)

The last time I took a pic of the sun, I was seeing spots for awhile... :laughtwo:

Yeah, that's what bad about this current weather. The temp is in the eighties, but the humidity makes it feel over a hundred.
I actually stood out near the sprinklers at one point enjoying the cool air coming from them. :)

Don't go getting permanent sun spots on yer eyes there dude. :laughtwo:
I've got a couple of old camera special effect filters lying around here from my photography days, I'm going to experiment with them over the cell phone camera to see what happens. ;-)

Sue,
that river photos is so serene. Makes a person feel relaxed and calm. Thank you!

And did I get the Wisteria mixed up with Clematis? I have Clematis here that I've been waiting for years on to flower.

Back
Top Bottom