The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

A butterfly among the Virginia Creeper on our walk to the mailbox

It must be a painted cat butterfly - It just lay there in a patch of sun.

20150703_113022-3.jpg

Keep that hopper away from your babies Canna. Voracious eaters. I wonder if they even care for cannabis? :hmmmm:

This has been one on those most incredible epiphany mornings of my life.

PeeJay, and the rest of you....without realizing it you have prompted me to take on making just a small part of the world I live in to become beautiful to behold. The beautifying of eyesores in the cities and the areas of meadows and wild things posted in the pics here....it's just so inspiring.

The last 15 years or so I have dealt with so much death/dying and near death issues around me, and my thoughts of my own mortality this past couple of years have made me even more oriented toward leaving positive footprints on this world. I try to not leave footprints where they shouldn't be, and leave good ones where there should be.

So, I contacted a couple of people this morning on the phone and discussed getting our own project together of picking an area of the city that needs revitalizing with something worth looking at.
This friend knows a gal who can supply this....that friend knows a guy who can help with that....I can provide this and that.....
and before you know it we have a project going on!

This biggest decision we need to make is where we want to do this...

So, thank you everyone for what you've done for me...even though that wasn't what you intended. LOL

I will post pictures of the area we choose before and try to post pics of the progress. It's kind of late in the year, but with proper planning and preparation this will come together. It will take time, but we are all willing to give it.

I'm too excited to begin this!

:circle-of-love:

This has been one on those most incredible epiphany mornings of my life.

PeeJay, and the rest of you....without realizing it you have prompted me to take on making just a small part of the world I live in to become beautiful to behold. The beautifying of eyesores in the cities and the areas of meadows and wild things posted in the pics here....it's just so inspiring.

The last 15 years or so I have dealt with so much death/dying and near death issues around me, and my thoughts of my own mortality this past couple of years have made me even more oriented toward leaving positive footprints on this world. I try to not leave footprints where they shouldn't be, and leave good ones where there should be.

So, I contacted a couple of people this morning on the phone and discussed getting our own project together of picking an area of the city that needs revitalizing with something worth looking at.
This friend knows a gal who can supply this....that friend knows a guy who can help with that....I can provide this and that.....
and before you know it we have a project going on!

This biggest decision we need to make is where we want to do this...

So, thank you everyone for what you've done for me...even though that wasn't what you intended. LOL

I will post pictures of the area we choose before and try to post pics of the progress. It's kind of late in the year, but with proper planning and preparation this will come together. It will take time, but we are all willing to give it.

I'm too excited to begin this!

The best time to begin is the only time you can begin, now.
You have already started :)

This is a great time of year if your project involves collecting grass clippings and leaves for next spring's compost.

Oh yeah, it was gnawing like crazy when I took the pics. Didn't seem to mind me at all. It is very near the cage by the porch, so I "relocated" it. :)

"Relocated it". LOL!! Oh Canna, I needed that laugh.

PeeJay, thanks for inviting me here. Here it's really like a rest of eyes, surrounded by so many soothing natural beauties. I am a big fan of nature. Every weekend I will go out, some mountains and some parks. Just sitting there and watching the green leaves are enough.

This weekend, I went to lotus garden, with different colors and breeds.

Lotus symbolize purity in Buddism. I am not Buddhist, but I do believe its meaning. I feel peaceful seeing these flowers.

HI Smoke Sara and Welcome to the thread!

The first picture is eye soothing for sure. I almost want to wait for that bloom to open up and reveal it's secrets. :)

The water lily's are beautiful. Sure wish those were in my pond. LOL

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to anything you would like to post.

Oh, btw...because this is an off topic thread you have to be sure to load your pictures as off topic or the mods will remove them. Just choose that option on the drop down list when uploading to the site, instead of "member galleries"

Have a great day!!

Sorry for this. I have uploaded the pics to off-topic gallery. No watermark this time.
Here is pics. I also like the white lotus bud.
lotus_.jpg
1514984_1454729911515327_2510938379203765298_n.jpg

PeeJay, thanks for inviting me here. Here it's really like a rest of eyes, surrounded by so many soothing natural beauties. I am a big fan of nature. Every weekend I will go out, some mountains and some parks. Just sitting there and watching the green leaves are enough.

This weekend, I went to lotus garden, with different colors and breeds.

Lotus symbolize purity in Buddism. I am not Buddhist, but I do believe its meaning. I feel peaceful seeing these flowers.

HI Smoke Sara and Welcome to the thread!

The first picture is eye soothing for sure. I almost want to wait for that bloom to open up and reveal it's secrets. :)

The water lily's are beautiful. Sure wish those were in my pond. LOL

Thanks for sharing and we look forward to anything you would like to post.

Oh, btw...because this is an off topic thread you have to be sure to load your pictures as off topic or the mods will remove them. Just choose that option on the drop down list when uploading to the site, instead of "member galleries"

Have a great day!!

Turtles, woodchucks, chimp monks, deer, bird life... Do you do tours? Where's the buffalo?

Back
Top Bottom