The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Gorgeous......

Getting more rain
420-magazine-mobile1834523651.jpg

You are totally dealing with I deal with....animals and the weather....not for the faint of heart....

Artemisia Absinthium, common wormwood, comes in a few different cultivars (I planted 3 last fall). They all are good for making absinthe and vermouth, getting rid of fleas and moths, before hops used in brewing beer - Ansinthe it's there in the latin name :) The whole artemisia family has a lot of terpenes.

Close relatives are:
Artemisia annua (anti- malaria, anti-cancer)
Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort - smoking with ancestors, chinese medicine moxa)
Artemisia tridentata (Sage - disinfectant, native american ceremonies)
Artemisia Dracanculus (Tarragon - french cooking)

A "something beautiful" on my drying laundry

bug22.jpg

And a strange little fellow I found in my grow-tent the other day. I carefully carried it back to the swamp I suspect it belongs to :) Hope I put it somewhere along where home is. Beautiful indeed, but I don't think you should live in a grow-tent. I just can't imagine that's very good for you in the long term.

krabat.jpg

A "something beautiful" on my drying laundry

bug22.jpg

And a strange little fellow I found in my grow-tent the other day. I carefully carried it back to the swamp I suspect it belongs to :) Hope I put it somewhere along where home is. Beautiful indeed, but I don't think you should live in a grow-tent. I just can't imagine that's very good for you in the long term.

krabat.jpg

I like that moth. Is it nearly as big as the width of your hand? Looks like some kind of Hawk Moth from here.

Google shows a couple of two-lined salamanders that look the same to me - a young southern two-lined and a mature Blue Ridge two-lined salamander

I think you're right. It was that size and when I googled hawk moth I found my little friend or at least some very similar ones

I like that moth. Is it nearly as big as the width of your hand? Looks like some kind of Hawk Moth from here.

Google shows a couple of two-lined salamanders that look the same to me - a young southern two-lined and a mature Blue Ridge two-lined salamander

This little guy is confusing the shit out of me as it doesn't look like any of the native species. It does indeed look like a northern two-lined salamander or maybe even a dwarf salamander. The problem is that they're not supposed to exist on this continent. I'm in northern Europe

Back
Top Bottom