The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

Here's a macro shot of a miniature 1/4" hoverfly I captured eating its lunch. I shot this photo on the sports setting this time but with the extension tubes installed so I could get right up in its face. Enjoy!:blunt:

View media item 1672000
CameraCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Shutter speed1/400
Aperturef/0
Focal length0 mm
ISO100

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

A dual dandelion photo I took on my morning stroll around the yard. This was taken on the AV mode with the exposure setting at +1 to lighten up the shot a bit. Enjoy and have a great day folks!:blunt:

View media item 1672995
Shutter speed1/250
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length35 mm
ISO100

Beautiful! Both of them.

I did a little practice this week using the tripod to get some closeup bud shots wth better depth of field than the auto ‘macro’ setting gives me. I can’t work for long periods of time so wasn’t able to experiment much but I took about 10 shots and lots of them were good - depth wise. All I can tell you about settings is that, in full manual mode (but auto focus), I used the smallest aperture possible and adjusted the shutter speed, taking test shots, until i liked what I saw on the view screen (which i think varied btw 1/30 - 1/50 depending on if the sun was out. ISO was 100.

And zoomed in on that one :)

It really pays to use a tripod :)

Oh! And I don’t have a remote shutter thingy ;) so i use the ”touch-shutter” function which seems to work pretty well for eliminating shutter motion-blur and most of the time i sucessfully touch the right spot for the focal centre (it’s a bit unreliable on more distant/landscape shots tho)

So that was aiming for as much depth of field as possible in the light conditions. Next practice session is messing around with the aperture to change the bokeh amounts for different effects.

One day I’ll work out how to post my settings the way the CM does. It’s really helpful! :thanks:

:Namaste:

Beautiful flower and trich. shots Amy!:love::welldone:

:) I can’t spend the time on computer to do anything in photoshop. It’s pretty much on the camera and I use the Photos app on my iPad to crop a little sometimes and adjust some light levels. Mostly I dont adjust any though. I think the middle one there had the light levels raised a bit. I took a few really dark ones of that and experimented with how they look when you tuen up the light in post. That one has the light raised in post just a little bit.

I’m taking some lessons with a friend who is a cinematographer and photographer - in exchange for helping her pup with arthritis relief :) - and working on being able to do it all in camera. Old school! It’s kind of my artistic parameters now. In the past I would often impose certain restrictions on creative projects as a way to help direct and contain ideas. It’s often a necessary creative tool. SO i’m Taking my current life circumstances as a version of that. All of my photos (critters and forestscapes) now are taken within 5m of my house and with no post production (it’s an emerging concept!). Both limits are imposed by my beautiful broken body which is now directing and shaping a new creative practice. We work with what we have :D and what I have is a forest at my doorstep and lots of micro critters :love:

Great idea! Especially as mother nature will change your compositions for you, you'll just need to be patient. I bet you could do some great panoramas too.

Post production will help to put the finishing touches to your photography, when you have the time.

when you have the time
I have nothing but time ;) I am just unable to work on a computer for more than about 10 mins at a time. Occasionally i have a day where I can/could - but on those occasions I’m more likely to take an outing and look at the ocean :surf: or actually go outside and take photgraphs! I am hopefully going to be getting some in-home support and some mobility aids sometime soon and that may ease things so much that I have more days where these other things become possible. I figure in the meantime that working to take shots that dont need post will just make the pics better and then when/if I can do more post, they’ll be all the better :)

Does anyone know if there are decent post-processing apps available for iPad? Or does one need an iPad Pro? :hmmmm:

@DrDoob was mentioning one to me on Sunday, but I was high and forget what he said. Go figure.

There are several mobile apps. I'm ready for a change as the one I use has pissed me off enough times!

A nature shot of some pink and white wildflowers I captured in bloom. This photo was taken on the "close-up" setting with the auto focus engaged and the "vivid" mode in use to brighten up the shot a bit. Enjoy and have a green day all!:blunt:

View media item 1673295
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length112 mm
ISO160

I have been wanting to re-shoot this image. With a proper harvest. That particular handful of weed was thin and wispy from my first attempt at growing.

I also think I could make a few other adjustments but this is the concept.

Cant remember the details, but its just a photo of one of my light stands with the diffused curtain on it. Holding up a handful of my crappy weed lol.

A few handheld shots I took today trying to catch bumblebees in flight which is no easy chore trust me. These were taken on the Portrait mode with the auto focus engaged on one certain area waiting patiently for them to enter my field of view so I could snap multiple shots. So without further ado and after a 1000 shots or more trying to get that one special photo to post I present to you what it is I have to offer. Enjoy and have a good day all!:blunt:

View media item 1674241
View media item 1674242
View media item 1674243
Shutter speed1/1000
Aperturef/5.6
Focal length132 mm
ISO100

Those are great, must have taken some real accuracy and quick trigger finger too!

Thanks Agemon!:high-five:
These bees here hover in the air for around 2-3 seconds which is just enough time for the auto focus to engage and than snap a few shots before they fly away. Those were the clearest 3 I got out of the more than 1000 shots I took on different settings trying to see which mode worked the best when it comes to capturing moving objects.

Thanks again for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom