How long are you going to veg for? That will be the biggest consideration when deciding on pot size.
So true! I forgot about that aspect. Oops

Short answer...as long as I need to fill up that 5x5 tent. I will utilize drop kicking those ladies if I have to. I want an even beautiful canopy that won't end up touching the lights. Each girl will ultimately get a 2.5' x 2.5' space to grow.

Your insight is always appreciated Shed. Helps steer the hamster turning the cogs in my brain. Thank you.

as long as I need to fill up that 5x5 tent. Each girl will ultimately get a 2.5' x 2.5' space to grow.
Since time isn't the constraint, I think a 7 gallon pot would either be just right or a bit too big for a 2.5x2.5, though I'm sure you could fill that space with a 5 gallon as well. But I don't think you'd be wasting too much substrate in a 7.

Two 7 gallons in my 2x4 are tight:

But these are 91 days into veg in that pic! They live in the shed at night now.

What size pots are you growing them in? I was originally planning on doing 7 gallons for the GSC ladies.but now I'm starting to wonder if that might be too big. I also don't want to waste any tent space with smaller canopies. LOL
These are in 2 gallon pots. My GSC is in a 3 gallon and vegged for 47 days I think, which is filling my 2'x2' tent now.
Evening vet.
Your orange s has started to take off, I can notice a big difference.
Just to give you a heads up, my orange s has the same wierd leaf thing going on. Just wanted to see yours grow out a little to confirm it was the same. So I'm thinking genetics now, mine's growing good and strong though, so all good.
Yeah she's going pretty good now. That's a relief to hear too. It's funny the Skywalker Haze has had a similar issue too though. Maybe the sativa genetics a little more touchy?

Since time isn't the constraint, I think a 7 gallon pot would either be just right or a bit too big for a 2.5x2.5, though I'm sure you could fill that space with a 5 gallon as well. But I don't think you'd be wasting too much substrate in a 7.

Two 7 gallons in my 2x4 are tight:

But these are 91 days into veg in that pic! They live in the shed at night now.
Those girls are thriving mate. Beautiful.

It's funny the Skywalker Haze has had a similar issue too though. Maybe the sativa genetics a little more touchy?
Yeah I noticed, another reason I held back saying something, didn't want to send you down the garden path saying it was alright untill more sure. Seeing as the Skywalker is from a different breeder I thought it might be the soil, but yeah its looking like the sativa touch.

Thanks Vet! The big one is on GeoFlora. :thumb:
Nice. I haven't used them yet on the GSC. I got going before it was announced we could all possibly be getting them. So I'd got some similar stuff from a UK company. The GeoFlora nutrients arrived just before flip but the stuff I'd bought has a blend specifically for the stretch period so I wanted to try that. This weekend will be her first dose of the GeoFlora bloom. Looking forward to seeing what it does.

Gotta say I'm a fan of this kind of grow. So much easier than mixing a load of different stuff. Like mega crop in that way. If it works as well with these autos I'll be really impressed. I know @Justin Goody is having some success with GeoFlora and autos so that's promising.

Gotta say I'm a fan of this kind of grow. So much easier than mixing a load of different stuff. Like mega crop in that way. If it works as well with these autos I'll be really impressed. I know @Justin Goody is having some success with GeoFlora and autos so that's promising.
So far so good! A slight yellowing (I think mag def. again) on the Gelato. Otherwise they look solid and the Zkittlez especially is REALLY stretching and stacking. Starting to drink more water and get into cruise control mode.

Day 18

The Pineapple Express bottom right was dried and drooping a little as you can see, so she's had a watering with microbial tea. They all appear to be showing sex now. Wish they'd held off a little longer but it could be worse.
20210521_221308.jpg

Hello and good day to you all!

@ViparSpectra have given me the great opportunity to test their XS1000 LED grow light and I hope you'll join me in discovering what this light can do. As a veteran I'll break this down into a military style briefing.

Situation
I wanted to do another autoflower grow and ViparSpectra were kind enough to allow me to test their product. Also to decommision my old veg cabinet and keep my bonsai mothers and any clones along with the autos in a new setup.

Mission
Grow some awesome autoflowers, keep the mothers ticking over and show what the XS1000 is capable of. Main focus on the light and autoflower plants.

Resources
ViparSpectra XS1000 120W LED light
Grow tent 50x90x160cm
AC Infinity Cloudline S4 extraction fan
4" carbon filter
Various USB fans for air movement
Biobizz light mix soil
Fabric pots
Remo nutrients supercharged kit
Autoflower seedlings- 1 x Pineapple Express (Fast Buds), 1 x Orange Sherbert (Fast Buds), 1 x Skywalker Haze (Dutch Passion)

Most importantly, you ladies and gents to come along for the ride bringing your knowledge, interest and encouragement. The more the merrier.

Limitations
First time growing in a larger space. Yes, believe it or not for me this tent is huge.
First time using the Remo Nutrients.
Myself - Although I've had some great success thanks to everything I've learned from all of you here at 420 Magazine, I'm only 2 years into growing still and relatively inexperienced. Hopefully we can all learn something together once again.

Any questions so far troops? Next post will be detailing the XS1000. Thanks for reading this far. We'll get to the good stuff soon.
I always hated briefings lol great job though

Nice so you got all the good stuff lol. I used to love going to air force bases always had the best food. I was in the army for 9 yrs. What was your mos/job. Oh and might have to pick on you for being air force lol but you know how it is lol . Thank you for your service though for real.
Yeah that's a common misconception. Lol. Well, depends which units you were with. I was a weapons technician. Spent most of my time on helicopters and Regiment squadrons. Lots of time in the desert and wet cold hillsides :laugh: But yeah pick away. Thanks to you too bro. Worked with some great Army lads.

Back
Top Bottom