Testing 1-2-3-4, Testing

1 cubic centimeter, aka 1 ml, equals approximately 1 gram. At full strength you'd be dosing a quarter ml of Cal-Mag, almost 4 ml of N, 15 ml of MSA (3x the recommended dose), all in addition to 5 g of MC? I doubt that's what you're actually doing. Somewhere I think the math went off the rails.
I didn't do the math. The calculations were given to me by MrSauga. These calculations grew some nice looking plants last time I used them. However, he did say he was decreasing his Si the last time I talked to him. Haven't seen much of him the past few months though. Maybe he'll pop in & let me know what he's doing these days. Maybe he's found a better way & changed things up.

Looks like an interesting experiment. I will certainly follow along. I would say you did your clones a favor by going to the 1gal skipping the solo cup.
There wasn't all that great of a root ball when I up-potted. Wish I had clear 1 gal. pots to go inside the black ones.... lol.

Yes, this is the way @MrSauga & @InTheShed has told me to do it. I'm sure I could draw it up & see what the ml. is though. Just haven't bothered to do so.

1 cubic centimeter, aka 1 ml, equals approximately 1 gram.
It's a lot easier to deal in grams even for the liquids because we have no simple way to measure 4.531ml. If we were dealing in much larger numbers the difference between 1ml=1g would become significant, but I can't see it mattering that much at our scale.

It's a lot easier to deal in grams even for the liquids because we have no simple way to measure 4.531ml. If we were dealing in much larger numbers the difference between 1ml=1g would become significant, but I can't see it mattering that much at our scale.

confusing approach is confusing.

liquids and syringes measuring liquids always seemed stupid simple. however i grew up around agriculture where we actually used those things.. maybe the key is bigger ass syringes .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ml/L or gal is always going to be easier in control. i always the use appropriate syringe to measure a liquid nute.

Well, FWIW, I moved from ml's of AN to grams of MC and find it's just easier !

i did the exact same lol

it's an unfair comparison, since you are moving from an overpriced and over hyped crappy watered down nute, to a cheap and effective dry nute you self mix.

the confusion is obvious. :p

You have a scale that measures down to the thousandth of a gram? And how little liquid is that? My scale is a cheap one from Harbor Freight and only goes down to a tenth of a gram.

I got good results with AN, just got tired of mixing three plus whatever liquids together...

above + basic costs to run = the crappy part. i got greats results on AN as well. the investment and hassle got a bit invasive. AN itself sorta had issues and splintered in to two separate nute companies.

i went on a bit of a quest for simple and cost effective.

i'm running MC with a tiny bit of calmag and some BE in flower now with RO. that's it on the whole grow. i could maybe use a little Si as i'm a passive hydro style. super easy. there are other ways to do it as well. i'm just one recipe.

above + basic costs to run = the crappy part. i got greats results on AN as well. the investment and hassle got a bit invasive. AN itself sorta had issues and splintered in to two separate nute companies.

i'm running MC with a tiny bit of calmag and some BE in flower now with RO. that's it on the whole grow. i could maybe use a little Si as i'm a passive hydro style. super easy. there are other ways to do it as well. i'm just one recipe.
BE? Can I ask what you use and when?

Well, cost is relative too.

AN worked out to ~ $20/plant but MC is a fraction of that !

Cheers

BE? Can I ask what you use and when?

bud explosion. the mc booster. it's super hot to run. mc alone should be enough for most folk.
i didn't say follow me exactly lol ... :p

i use starting about second wk of flower. the stuff can be touchy. it's not really charted in the MC nute sched. they give a suggestion online, it's far too hot to just add on top. i don't follow it at all lol.

we make head room by cutting back on the MC and literally feel it out judging by the plants.

AN worked out to ~ $20/plant but MC is a fraction of that !

i'd be hard pressed to be spending $20cdn / grow on media / RO / nutes. we're near $40 - $60 more with lighting etc .. so about $60 - $80 / grow right now. that's if i do long flower sativas ( ok - my faves ). :cheesygrinsmiley:

the power cost is rising though. and that is averaged through a few months.

our indoor grow season is kept to fall/winter/spring mostly.

You have a scale that measures down to the thousandth of a gram? And how little liquid is that? My scale is a cheap one from Harbor Freight and only goes down to a tenth of a gram.
My little scale I use shows this many places 1.000 so it does weigh 1/1000th of a gram. Hard to hit the exact number but can get really close.

bud explosion. the mc booster. it's super hot to run. mc alone should be enough for most folk.
i didn't say follow me exactly lol ... :p

i use starting about second wk of flower. the stuff can be touchy. it's not really charted in the MC nute sched. they give a suggestion online, it's far too hot to just add on top. i don't follow it at all lol.

we make head room by cutting back on the MC and literally feel it out judging by the plants.

i'd be hard pressed to be spending $20cdn / grow on media / RO / nutes. we're near $40 - $60 more with lighting etc .. so about $60 - $80 / grow right now. that's if i do long flower sativas ( ok - my faves ). :cheesygrinsmiley:

the power cost is rising though. and that is averaged through a few months.

our indoor grow season is kept to fall/winter/spring mostly.
I tried the Bud Explosion. Then found out that it was made to use with the 2 part MC. That stuff wilted my plants & took at least 2 weeks to look good again. Touchy isn't the word for it. Got to be real careful not to use too much of it.
The Sweet Candy worked much better for me.

I tried the Bud Explosion. Then found out that it was made to use with the 2 part MC. That stuff wilted my plants & took at least 2 weeks to look good again. Touchy isn't the word for it. Got to be real careful not to use too much of it.
The Sweet Candy worked much better for me.
How did you find out BE is meant for the 2 part MC ? Must have missed that, sigh..

I thought my problem was I started using it at the beginning of flower and not after the first week !

Also set two of my girls back two weeks. First sign of trouble was new growth was light green and new leaves were corkscrewed. Never seen that before !

Cheers.

I tried the Bud Explosion. Then found out that it was made to use with the 2 part MC.

it pairs up with anything. i've only ever used it with the one part.

my autos are exploding on it right now in a good way. 11g MC and 2.5 g BE in 8L of RO with 6ml of calmag. making pills tonight or i'd post an update. stayed tuned for tomorrow.

pic from tonight. third wk of flower.

full

they're decent but not quite building the way i like. there's a ways to go though.

How did you find out BE is meant for the 2 part MC ? Must have missed that, sigh..

I thought my problem was I started using it at the beginning of flower and not after the first week !

Also set two of my girls back two weeks. First sign of trouble was new growth was light green and new leaves were corkscrewed. Never seen that before !

Cheers.
I believe I got that info when I emailed them about the Bud Explosion issue I had. That was what they told me & said nothing else is needed with the one part. Probably just an excuse, but who knows.

I believe I got that info when I emailed them about the Bud Explosion issue I had. That was what they told me & said nothing else is needed with the one part. Probably just an excuse, but who knows.

they don't really chart it out. you have to make some head room for it.

Back
Top Bottom