Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Thanks for stopping by. Yes I have been tackling heat issues from day one. Since ur a neighbor u can relate to my environment. I'm in a high rise building with no outdoor space and heat/ac is controlled by management.

My last resort is to put the whole tent in the kitchen next to a window and exhaust outside and get fresh air from outdoors and when it's too hot just put the intake ducting on the central AC vent.

I'm clueless over here!!
Oh shucks! You're in one of those central air rehabilitated buildings where they run all the air through one central command unit. ONLY IN NEW YORK MAN. LOL...

Damn!! Moved tent to the kitchen and she's on the opposite wall of my wall mounted TV. Now the tv picture is jumping and cutting out. This gonna be an all night process
The good thing is you're on the 32 floor. With the window cracked it'll be a cool breeze all summer long. That move to the kitchen should work. You just have to re-locate the television. Sacrifices we make for the grow

HA ha. In those newly renovated buildings he doesn't have that option with his management company not allowing Window ACs. Personally I would never move into a building that I couldn't control my own Apt's temps. Now the rest of you see some of the stuff we have to deal with here.

Oh shucks! You're in one of those central air rehabilitated buildings where they run all the air through one central command unit. ONLY IN NEW YORK MAN. LOL...

The good thing is you're on the 32 floor. With the window cracked it'll be a cool breeze all summer long. That move to the kitchen should work. You just have to re-locate the television. Sacrifices we make for the grow

Yea only in NY.. the breeze up here is the greatest, so i'm happy I'm close to the window. Not moving the TV, that wall mount took me forever to put up. HOWEVER i went and moved the damn refrigerator!! may eliminate the fridge completely! the family doesn't need to eat!! I'll have a report tomorrow on how the temps are looking in their new space.

I appreciate all the help you guys!!

Rhats funny BAR. My whole house was like 82 degrees and the grow room was 72....they get better treatment than me!

hahahaha.. yea thats usually how it is!!

HA ha. In those newly renovated buildings he doesn't have that option with his management company not allowing Window ACs. Personally I would never move into a building that I couldn't control my own Apt's temps. Now the rest of you see some of the stuff we have to deal with here.

yea I've been here for years.. only reason i stay is free light and gas!!!!! i can run all types of shit without worrying about a light bill..lol

Again; Sacrifices we make for our grow. LOL...

hahahaha.. yea thats usually how it is!!

yea I've been here for years.. only reason i stay is free light and gas!!!!! i can run all types of shit without worrying about a light bill..lol
Dude, I live in a 6 story walk up old school building; still has pipe radiators but it's utilities included also. Been here forever just because of that reason.

Dude, I live in a 6 story walk up old school building; still has pipe radiators but it's utilities included also. Been here forever just because of that reason.

wow i've burned myself on my share of old school radiators. i don't miss that. wow very hard to find light and gas included in a walk up!! great job.. never leave!!!!

And i just peeked in my tent while the lights were off.... these temps are as low as I've EVER seen. 67F... is there a temp that is TOO Low??

That's not too bad for lights out. You might want to close the window during lights out.

That's not too bad for lights out. You might want to close the window during lights out.

ok will do..... but for future ref, is there a low temp that i should avoid?

You don't want to get too much lower than 65F during lights out but plants can survive even colder temps.

You don't want to get too much lower than 65F during lights out but plants can survive even colder temps.

Thanks brother.... I appreciate it. Lights will be on in a couple hrs anyway

Anytime.

What kind of venting do you have?

I mentioned it in my opening paragraph. Here it is again

Flower tent has a 6" can booster fan(I know it sucks) PUSHING air from inside the tent over the bulb and back out the tent(exhaust) and 6" can booster fan PULLING air as my intake. Currently have positive air pressure.

Hey Tam,

Just thought of something . Try moving that intake fan to the top and use it as another exhaust fan.if you have flaps fora passive intake, open those up. I think this might help your temp problems.

JJ

Sorry I have a hard time reading on my phone I like ur set up can u suck air from out side? What is the humanity

brain
Today I moved the tent to the kitchet(which I hate) but my temps are much better. Now I am able to run ducting directly outside. So hopefully the heat issue is no more..

Hey Tam,

Just thought of something . Try moving that intake fan to the top and use it as another exhaust fan.if you have flaps fora passive intake, open those up. I think this might help your temp problems.

JJ

doc,

When I tell u I've tried that from day 1. Two exhaust fans with the passive intake(negative pressure) added fans infringing of the flaps and everything. But like I said I hope my heat issues are done and I can get back to focusing on my ladies. May look into some additives to enhance growth, who knows!!

And my humidity has been low since the move. I'll probably open a couple of those slots in my cloner box and let the spray jets add the humidity for me.

Back
Top Bottom