Tales From The Krip!

Yeah, I've been getting screwed by just about everyone on the insurance claim and really worried about my "little" brother. :nervous-guy:

Plus, everything I touch these days is breaking. I literally had a doorknob break off (actually break at the metal - not pull screws out) in my hands while opening a door a couple of weeks ago. It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to take a leak! :rofl:
Thanks for posting, Old Friend. :bongrip:

I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers - good stuff happens, too ... eventually.

:Namaste:

Hey All!

Dropping in to spread a little love and give a quick update. It's been just over two years since the flood in the house. I still don't have the insurance money (long story), still don't have the house fixed but the roof is almost done, and still don't have a grow back up.

I'm good & healthy, business is fine, but lots of other personal issues I'm dealing with. My brother just got out of ICU loaded with blood clots. Yes, he's vaxed; and yes, I tried to talk him out of getting it, but they don't believe it's vax related. I'm still not sure, TBH, but he did have an issue with blood clots once before and it was pre-vax.

I'm still not sure when I'll be able to get a grow back up but I sure damn hope it's soon. I'm on my very last jar of my stuff and that's only still here because I've been supplementing with the dispensary meds.

I'll try to check-in more often.

I miss you guys!

:green_heart:

K
I don’t want to be an alarmist but… Make sure they do a full body MRI.

QUICK UPDATE

So, just a couple quick updates....

The roof is done (paid about $40k out of pocket! 🤬 ) and I've made quite a bit of progress with the insurance issues so I'm actually expecting an insurance check sometime soon and will finally be able to start working on the interior.

As for new problems, my 7 year old Golden Retriever was recently diagnosed with cancer. I've already spent more than $5k on that issue and still don't even have an actual diagnosis. The surgeon who did the CT scan & biopsy said he has a tumor in his sinuses that's growing into his brain cavity. The biopsy came back negative for cancer. Surgeon says he doesn't believe it because it doesn't match what he saw on the CT scan so he asked them to re-test different sections of the biopsy sample which still came back negative for cancer. Surgeon still doesn't believe it, says it's definitely a tumor, they generally don't see non-cancerous tumors in that area, and it's in-operable. He recommended I consult an oncologist about radiation but I'm hesitant enough about radiation as it is, let alone radiating my dog who hasn't even been "formally" diagnosed with cancer - at least no one can tell me what type of cancer it is, how agressive it is, or pretty much anything that will help. I've been giving him a bunch of supplements including RSO and it does seem to be helping. I just want to give him as good a quality of life as possible for as long as possible, at this point. I'm pretty confident a day at the beach or playing laser pointer will do him much more good than a day of radiation treatments.

That said, we all have issues to deal with so don't want anyone to think I believe mine are any worse or more important than anyone else's.

On that note, I also want to wish Brother @420 the best for a full and speedy recovery for his Mom who recently had a stroke and heart surgery and now has pneumonia and Covid. He's been a little MIA lately running back and forth to the hospital every day, so let's all try to be on our best behavior while he's gone! ;)

Let's all pray/hope/wish for her recovery and, while your at it, any prayers and good wishes for my dog are greatly appreciated! :thanks:

:peace:

K

...always good to hear from you Mr.K, even when the news isn't all great...hard to believe the roof issue has taken so long to resolve... 😣 ...best wishes for both you and and your dog moving forward...tuff' news for Rob as well, and hoping for a positive outcome for his Mom...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...

QUICK UPDATE

The roof is done (paid about $40k out of pocket! 🤬 ) and I've made quite a bit of progress with the insurance issues so I'm actually expecting an insurance check sometime soon and will finally be able to start working on the interior.

As for new problems, my 7 year old Golden Retriever was recently diagnosed with cancer. I've already spent more than $5k on that issue and still don't even have an actual diagnosis. The surgeon who did the CT scan & biopsy said he has a tumor in his sinuses that's growing into his brain cavity. The biopsy came back negative for cancer. Surgeon says he doesn't believe it because it doesn't match what he saw on the CT scan so he asked them to re-test different sections of the biopsy sample which still came back negative for cancer. Surgeon still doesn't believe it, says it's definitely a tumor, they generally don't see non-cancerous tumors in that area, and it's in-operable. He recommended I consult an oncologist about radiation but I'm hesitant enough about radiation as it is, let alone radiating my dog who hasn't even been "formally" diagnosed with cancer - at least no one can tell me what type of cancer it is, how agressive it is, or pretty much anything that will help. I've been giving him a bunch of supplements including RSO and it does seem to be helping. I just want to give him as good a quality of life as possible for as long as possible, at this point. I'm pretty confident a day at the beach or playing laser pointer will do him much more good than a day of radiation treatments.

That said, we all have issues to deal with so don't want anyone to think I believe mine are any worse or more important than anyone else's.

On that note, I also want to wish Brother @420 the best for a full and speedy recovery for his Mom who recently had a stroke and heart surgery and now has pneumonia and Covid. He's been a little MIA lately running back and forth to the hospital every day, so let's all try to be on our best behavior while he's gone! ;)

Let's all pray/hope/wish for her recovery and, while your at it, any prayers and good wishes for my dog are greatly appreciated! :thanks:

K
So sorry about all the issues my friend :Namaste:
Hope your pup is OK.:love:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

QUICK UPDATE

K
Hello you 😍

I was just looking at your dad’s memory plant and thinking of you last week!

Sorry to hear about the doggo. Often benign tumours are treated with radiation. It is designed to stop them growing. Particularly if they are located close to vital organs like the brain.

It’s about quality of life vs quantity of life. I’d pick quality every day of the week.

Dogs make such good friends. I will ensure my dog humps his pillow in your dogs honour. Xo

And guys, just to circle back to Rob, sending thoughts and prayers is nice, but I’m not sure it helps or works. It just makes us feel better as people to feel like we did something by sending them. Supporting his business can definitely help him. If you’re not already, please consider becoming a patreon. It costs less than Netflix. And you can feel good that you actually did something to support small business.

If you’re not already, please consider becoming a patreon. It costs less than Netflix. And you can feel good that you actually did something to support small business.
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom