Tales From The Krip!

I tell ya' what...my BCJ must have blown enough pollen to impregnate half the East coast! :rofl:
But, other than the breeding cabinet, I just have no other flowering plants anywhere and it will be a few weeks before I flip either of the tents.

In the mean time, there will be plenty of cleaning, spraying of tents, foliars, etc.

That being said, as Brother Penny pointed out:

Those males are sneaky.

:nervous-guy:

NOW, THIS IS COOL! :thumb:

The first of the last two seed orders arrived today. This is the one where they ran out of stock on the IHG Sherba Frost resulting in a credit and my placing the 2nd order.

What's cool is that, even though they ran out of the Sherba Frost, they sent me the IHG freebie! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K

NOW, THIS IS COOL! :thumb:

The first of the last two seed orders arrived today. This is the one where they ran out of stock on the IHG Sherba Frost resulting in a credit and my placing the 2nd order.

What's cool is that, even though they ran out of the Sherba Frost, they sent me the IHG freebie! :yahoo:

Happy Harvests!

K
Nice haul krip!!

A slurricane cross should be off the chain!! Excited to see that make an appearance in your garden

Hey brother Krip! Nice work in the breeding cabinet :high-five: you're gonna be rolling in seeds with your pollination and all these seed deliveries rolling in lol.
The White Strawberry looks like it's off to a great start! She's got an interesting look to her first set of leaves.

I don't know if you posted it and I missed it but what are the genetics of white strawberries?
In order to obtain this outstanding strain Strawberry Cough was crossed with The White. This cross is known for amazing trichome coverage and delicious Strawberry flavour. It was then hit with the legendary Casey Jones to create this delicious and powerful hybrid. Her taste varies from Strawberry Hash to earthy/diesel inherited from the Casey Jones. White Strawberries is very potent, mixing electric up highs that will have you wanting to go out for the day and those more Indica phenos that will have you wrapped up, sinking deep. You can find two main phenotypes. First one stretches for the first week or two into flower while the other one stays shorter and doesn’t stretch that much. Expect this variety to finish in 8 to 9 weeks giving high yields.

Genetics : (Strawberry Cough x The White) x Casey Jones
Flowering Time : 56-63 Days

Breeder Pic:

White-Strawberies-G13-Labs-Seeds_600x600.jpg

That sounds nice. I like strawberry cough (I should run that again), I've been looking for a nice strawberry diesel. There's a cut going around here that has amazing strawberry and fuel taste. I can't seem to find a breeder that offers it.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get a good strawberry or good diesel terp profile from that strain. If I get BOTH strawberry and diesel, it would be a big winner! :yahoo:

Hey Mr. K,

Just a quick note to say thanks for this valuable journal! It has been my bed-time reading for the past several nights. Full of great information, inspiring pics - wow. And, it has made my seed-buying wish list even longer. LOL.

Good luck with your adventures from here - I'll be stopping by more regularly now that I have caught up.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM WITH THE 3RD RUN SOIL

The pollination of all the plants in the breeding cabinet appears to have been successful since I'm seeing the pistils turning brown on all the plants.

However, the Blackwater is starting to wilt pretty badly and I'm starting to see some drooping on some of the upper Platinum Cake leaves that should NOT be wilting, at this point.

If you all recall, I had to replace the Bubba Hash and culled the Trainwreck that both also started this same type of wilting.

Well, once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, but three times is a pattern and there's definitely some issue.

I have noticed that, on the batch of third run soil I'm using, there's a bunch of mycilium growing on top of the soil. Normally, this would indicate a healthy soil to me, and I wouldn't be worried about it.

But, I also used some of this soil when I up-potted some of the Bonsais that were still in 2" containers just before flipping the breeding cabinet and, when I look at the Blackwater, I can see a bunch of this mycilium that's growing on the surface concentrated around the stalk. The stalk, itself, does not appear to be rotting.

I also noticed that all the wilted plants started out looking like they were overwatered, which is virtually impossible with a Bonsai in a well-draining container, and I'm 420% positive that was not the issue.

Also, the pots on all the wilted containers were heavier than they should be which tells me that the roots stopped working.

I think I can save the PCake (I'll know better tomorrow but won't be able to check them until late afternoon) but the Blackwater probably won't make it. I'm gonna pull it and check the roots tomorrow afternoon and try flushing the PCake real good.

The other plants look fine and should make it to harvest and, there is NONE of that mycilium growing on the surface so I'm pretty sure all the ones that have survived were put into the 4" containers with an earlier batch of soil, which is what leads me to believe the issue is with the soil mix.

Next problem is that the two '79 Christmas Buds plants are in that same soil and they both have lots of that mycilium on the surface of the soil. I'm also seeing EXTREMELY slow growth and some signs of deficiencies that I would have expected to go away by now, being in the high brix soil, although, the leaves aren't wilting (yet?) like the Bonsais.

I don't think either a Rescue Drench or a flush would be the right way to progress, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do here. I do have a batch of 1st run soil all mixed and cooked, so I may end up re-potting? :hmmmm:

I'll get some pics later tomorrow.

Happy Harvests!

K

Could be...

is a soil-borne pathogenic mold that will affect plant after plant exposed to the same infected soils....

Fusarium is, in fact, the name of a genus of filamentous fungi that live in the soil in association with plants, including cannabis. Most species are saprophytes, i.e. they feed on the debris of other organisms. Thus, Fusariosis is the name given to the disease caused in plants by certain species of Fusarium fungi (phytopathogens), which in this case develop as parasites.

I know that shit pops outta no where on ya. Back when,, way back when I was in another life,,,, I use to find some of it in every large crop I grew outdoor in native soils. 1 plant outta 20 wood show it on acouple branches and the rest was happy healthy,, other plants were eaten up with it total losses?? Go figure.. Is alot of could be's.........

GL Actinotave''' works they say''''''.. But then they claim helps with bud rott? But might be a thought if you plan on reusing soil afew times?

Ever seen one go limp and die overnight, Wood? I had a vegging one do that to me. :hmmmm: Never figured out what it coulda been ....

Back
Top Bottom