Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

I have to agree with you Sue on the therapeutic effects of tending to these beautiful plants. Although my medical concerns are no where near as severe as your friends and families, whenever I need to cope with my early morning nausea I like to sit in front of my tent listening to the hum of the fans... enjoying the warmth and scents radiating forward and the beauty of these plants makes me feel so much better.

I am happy yo know that you find relief in your grow as do I, and I am sure many growers do. Just one more wonderful attribute this plant brings to this earth and our lives.

You and your loved ones are in my thoughts!

The malted barley grain is, without a doubt, the best choice for enzyme teas since it contains 2 forms of amylase and elevated levels of chitinase. If you can source it locally from a brew store try to get 6 row. Sprouted popcorn is also an excellent choice, being an easily sourced and inexpensive substitute for coconut water to supply the same quality of cytokinins. I used popcorn because I could get it, although I also used coconut water. I was biding my time until I had the money for the malted barley grain and I like diversity. It will be interesting to see what effect the barley grain actually has. They're growing so beautifully already with this impressive soil mix I don't know how I'll notice improvement.

I've been negligent about enzyme teas and have only done one so far, but I plan to change that after I get the malted barley grain next week. At that point I will begin doing one application of enzyme tea every week with Ful-power (for fulvic acid) and Agsil (for silica) added and another drench later in the week of coconut and aloe water with Agsil and occasional Ful-Power added. This will be done every week from then on, regardless of what stage the plants are at. After a couple years the pot should be on auto pilot and the Ful-Power can be reduced, but the rest of the waterings continue for the life of the no-till.

There's a long-term no-till thread run by BlueJay on another forum that I've been studying from the beginning of my interest in no-till gardening. It's over 120 pages now and so rich in valuable information. That's where I learned this. His no-tills have been producing continuous crops of exquisite cannabis for over two years now. I think I can trust his process.

I'm sitting here typing this, enveloped in the intoxicating fragrances from my girls, growing about three feet away in their open closet. They're really beginning to get powerful now. :slide:

:Namaste:

I have to agree with you Sue on the therapeutic effects of tending to these beautiful plants. Although my medical concerns are no where near as severe as your friends and families, whenever I need to cope with my early morning nausea I like to sit in front of my tent listening to the hum of the fans... enjoying the warmth and scents radiating forward and the beauty of these plants makes me feel so much better.

I am happy yo know that you find relief in your grow as do I, and I am sure many growers do. Just one more wonderful attribute this plant brings to this earth and our lives.

You and your loved ones are in my thoughts!

Awwwww MaxYields, that was so touching. :love: I also enjoy time spent just watching and smelling and feeding off the energy. I'm so glad it helps you cope. Thankfully, I have no medical concerns to speak of, but I indulge with my husband who feels better to have the company. Otherwise he feels isolated, and who wants that? Receiving so much benefit from the gardening part took me by surprise.

The malted barley grain is, without a doubt, the best choice for enzyme teas since it contains 2 forms of amylase and elevated levels of chitinase. If you can source it locally from a brew store try to get 6 row. Sprouted popcorn is also an excellent choice, being an easily sourced and inexpensive substitute for coconut water to supply the same quality of cytokinins. I used popcorn because I could get it, although I also used coconut water. I was biding my time until I had the money for the malted barley grain and I like diversity. It will be interesting to see what effect the barley grain actually has. They're growing so beautifully already with this impressive soil mix I don't know how I'll notice improvement.

I've been negligent about enzyme teas and have only done one so far, but I plan to change that after I get the malted barley grain next week. At that point I will begin doing one application of enzyme tea every week with Ful-power (for fulvic acid) and Agsil (for silica) added and another drench later in the week of coconut and aloe water with Agsil and occasional Ful-Power added. This will be done every week from then on, regardless of what stage the plants are at. After a couple years the pot should be on auto pilot and the Ful-Power can be reduced, but the rest of the waterings continue for the life of the no-till.

There's a long-term no-till thread run by BlueJay on another forum that I've been studying from the beginning of my interest in no-till gardening. It's over 120 pages now and so rich in valuable information. That's where I learned this. His no-tills have been producing continuous crops of exquisite cannabis for over two years now. I think I can trust his process.

I'm sitting here typing this, enveloped in the intoxicating fragrances from my girls, growing about three feet away in their open closet. They're really beginning to get powerful now. :slide:

Are you saying after two years of application the fulvic acid and silica would remain in the soil, or would the enzymes from the tea also remain in the soil? I figured you mean just the former two. And not being entirely familiar with fulvic acid...I know it acts as a chellated nutrient...or rather does it transport nutrient already in the soil directly through the root, chellating available nutrients?

RE BlueJays thread: its in another forum on 420 or a totally different site?

Are you saying after two years of application the fulvic acid and silica would remain in the soil, or would the enzymes from the tea also remain in the soil? I figured you mean just the former two. And not being entirely familiar with fulvic acid...I know it acts as a chellated nutrient...or rather does it transport nutrient already in the soil directly through the root, chellating available nutrients?

RE BlueJays thread: its in another forum on 420 or a totally different site?
Let me research the answer to your question and get back to you tomorrow.

BlueJay's grow is on another site. Google "BlueJay's no-till cannabis grow"

Daily Update:?Day 55 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 54 (Buddha Magnum Auto)

Today they only required a quart of water to top off each reservoir. Yesterday's 2 cups of drench with coconut water quenched some of their thirst. I realize that other growers remove the pots to drench in a volume that runs through without corrupting the reservoir, but my thought is that the soil biology is quite capable of moving things through the entire community without my soaking it from top to bottom, so why bother with all that moving around? Obviously the plants are thriving, so I'm OK with it. I do my best to keep my hands out of the plants as much as possible. They appear to appreciate my laissez faire attitude.

image18467.jpg

The side branches of the Bomb are beginning to rival the main cola. I keep trying to count how many of these I have developing like this, but I always lose count at around 15. :laughtwo:

image18468.jpg

Zooming in a bit closer on one of these side branches you can see the steady advance of trichome production.

image18469.jpg

Bud development is progressing nicely as well. This is closer on that side branch. Yeah... I'm happy. :love:

image18470.jpg

Her main cola is stunning.

image18471.jpg

Buddha is keeping up with her big sister/companion. On the surface it appears that the Bomb will be the bigger yield, but I'm not so sure. Buddha may be more compact but she's making up for it with girth.

image18472.jpg

Some sweet trichome production working it's way up her leaves.

image18473.jpg

Buddha's buds are coming along in step with the Bomb.

image18474.jpg

I included this shot to show the beautiful rust tones of her fan leaf stems. I find the mix of colors pleasing to the eye.

image18475.jpg

Her main cola continues to pack on girth. We still have almost a month to go. Wow!

image18476.jpg

Now, for a couple shots of the view from the top. First up, the Bomb.....

image18478.jpg

..... And one last look at the peak of Buddha. Sweet.

image18480.jpg

The S-hooks are working marvelously to protect leaves from the lights. If you decide to try this go for the heavy hooks. Lighter ones are good for hooking leaves to each other, so having a variety on hand is probably the best idea.

image18479.jpg

Time to become domestically inclined and do something about breakfast. I let him sleep in this morning and he never appreciates that as much as I expect he will. :laughtwo:

Have a great day everyone. :circle-of-love:

SmokesDaKush, Radogast and akisunni, a warm thank you for the reps. :green_heart:

They still take me by surprise guys. :laughtwo:

Your killing it Sue! I hope you hold your head high :circle-of-love:

Thank you. The soil is doing most of the work Pigeons. I'm humbled by their response to my preparation in researching and mixing such a sweet medium for them to shine in. They make my heart beat faster every time I look over there. :laughtwo:

I'm getting excited for you. You have another couple weeks at best. You'll be testing some dry buds about the time I harvest. WooHoo!!!

Thank you Dutty Panty and CO. I appear to have a knack with the CFLs. It came naturally to me.

Welcome BubbaHo Tep. Glad to have you along. The excitement level is ramping up daily now. Enjoy.

very impressed indeed, did not have time to read it all, yet, but you are in deep, i can see that. super job, those plants look fantastic,, and i mean the lettuce or whatever that is,, the marijuana plants are out of this world. is is so neat to see what you have been mentioning about. i really want to grow like that, i have been afraid of bringing badies into my room, by bringing any compost or similar from outside, but i have worms, man/woman do i have worms, least in the summer. that is a huge commitment that style of growing, but, i guess growing is a huge commitment anyway. and no doubt, one gets out only what one puts in,, no short cuts, never are

it will be a fine day in my house as well the day you and hubby get to enjoy that amazing plant/s. i wish we were neighbours, cheers, nivek

Thank you nivek. Most of the work was in preparation. I studied that soil mix like I was pursuing a degree! After gaining a working understanding of the concept of no-till gardening I jumped in and let myself enjoy it. I'll be learning how to make it better for years to come, but the soil will be growing the plants for me and I should be able to completely bypass any concerns about deficiencies. The best thing about this approach is how easy it gets once you're rolling. After a while the soil goes on auto pilot, kind of like this grow has done. You establish the replenishment system and keep your hands out of the soil. With each successive grow the soil grows stronger.

A well-balanced soil is resilient and can handle anything in the compost. There's more good in compost from a soil point of view than problematic. A healthy organic soil lacks the problems with pests that haunt other soils. It's a natural balance. Pests are drawn to weakness. There's nothing weak about these girls or the soil that grows them. There are plans one can easily implement for integrated pest control to eliminate pest concerns. I'll be getting into that aspect more as time goes on. I'm on a pretty strict budget, so I can only pick up bits and pieces every month. The puzzle is gradually coming together.

I don't think I would have ever been comfortable with bottled chemicals. I was researching plant-based nutrients and fertilizers when I met COorganics on another journal. It was a happy day and the journey has only gotten better.

I actually believe this to be much simpler than working with inert soil and bottled chemicals. No worry about plant health, no flush before harvest and the sweetest, smoothest smoke you've ever tasted. Not to mention potent. Like "Whoa!" potent.

Managing the lights has been instinctive. I studied Tulip's tutorial (and continue to go back to reread it with regularity) and jumped in. I had already figured out that one of the secrets of CFLs is to get them close and surround the plant with them. As you can see, mine illuminate from top, sides and underneath. The side lighting is critical to get dense buds. With almost 400 watts it's almost blinding in this closet.

I've given this some thought, so let's give it a try. You don't discontinue adding fulvic acid or silica, but you can cut down on how much you add because the soil reaches a point of balance and you maintain that balance with a regulated scheduling of drenches and foliar feedings. I'll be touching on that in more depth next week. The soil community is a vibrant, active thing that is constantly pulling upon the available nutrients found in the soil matrix according to the stated needs of the plants. Your job is to assure that the basic nutrients are continuously replenished. That actually turns out to be fairly straightforward with cannabis. Other, bigger brains have already worked it all out and we need only follow their bread crumbs and reap the rewards.

I went looking for more I depth info on fulvic acid, because it's an indispensable factor in a healthy organic soil. Turns out that is makes nutrients bio-chemically available as well as transporting nutrients. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The link below was a fascinating read. What follows is a bit of copy and paste on some finer points. I recommend taking the time to read through the link. This was a small part. I now have a deeper respect of fulvic acid and am pleased that I'll be adding it to my soil maintenance program next week.

https://https://www.supremefulvic.com/documents/html/fulvic_acid.php

As created by nature, organic fulvic acids are created by soil-based micro-organisms("SBO's") to make minerals and other nutrients assimilable by plants. ( The SBO's consume decayed prehistoric plant matter in humate deposits and excrete the substance known as "fulvic acid", or "fulvic acids".)

Fulvic acid is a derivative of microbial degradation of humic substances. Microorganisms are essential to the process. Each gram of healthy top soil has in excess of four billion microorganisms that participate in manufacturing bio-chemicals essential to healthy plants and animals. If they were to fail our lives would cease. A better perspective of their importance can be gained by looking at the work they do. Microorganism activity in preparing one acre of top soil, expends the equivalent energy of 10,000 people doing the same amount of work in the same amount of time.

What Humic Substances Do in the Soil
Scientists claim organic substances stimulate plant cellular growth and division, including auxin type reactions. They enhance plant circulatory systems and promote optimum plant respiration and transportation systems. They decrease plant stress and premature deterioration. They dramatically improve seed germination and promote greater fibrous root growth. They increase the size and numbers of legume root nodules and increase resistance to drought and insect infestation.

The Fulvic Plant Miracle
In addition to duplicating many of the positive functions of humic acid, fulvic acid will:
Stimulate plant metabolism
Give positive effect on plant RNA & DNA
Act as a catalyst in plant respiration
Increase metabolism of proteins
Increase activity of multiple enzymes
Enhances the permeability of cell membranes
Enhance cell division and cell elongation
Aid Chlorophyll synthesis
Increase drought tolerance, and prevent wilting
Increase crop yields
Assist denitrification by microbes
Buffer soil pH
Contribute electrochemical balance as a donor or an acceptor
Synthesize new minerals
Chemically weather inorganic substances
Decompose silica to release essential mineral nutrients
Detoxify various pollutants (pesticides, herbicides, etc.)

The Energy Continuum
Sunlight >>> Plants (Photosyntiesis*) >>> Animals - Bio Mass >>> Coal (Stored energy for future use), Oil and Gas, Peat >>> Microbes (Humification* — microbial decomposition) >>> Humic and Fulvic Acids (Final energy product sustaining both plants and animals)

Note: THE TWO MAJOR LIFE FUNCTIONS WHICH CANNOT BE DUPLICATED BY MAN ARE PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND HUMIFICATION.

I didn't realize I was entering a continuous student mode when I started on this path. :laugh:

Hope that helped ClosedCircuit.

I've been putting together my next seed order. If I send for them now they'll be here when I'm ready to start the next run with no down time. The strains we've decided on are Sweet Dark Devil and Bomb Berry Bomb, both autos again. Now begins the research on grow journals.

I go for the coolest sounding name

so far I think ' bubbleyum' is my favorite, though I gotta say, you got some dandies there. hmmm

Back
Top Bottom