Strawberry Banana & Lemon Zkittles In RDWC

New years flip. You set that thread and everything. You gotta do that again it was fun
That thread was a lot of fun too!! When it gets to that time of year Ill have to plan out a little something. For sure.

Heres how i do hydro, buckle up my friends this may take a while...

Im using repurposed bins from a Gen Hydro Aeroponic system. I bought one for my first grow, but the motor was wonky. I was screwed. I had seedlings ready to go, they were in Rockwool, i had no place to put them so i stripped the aeroponics system to just the bin and lid and went DWC. Later, i bought another system and connected the two, I added a res. and made it an RDWC. My first grow was Great White Shark and Northern lights I did well for a first attempt. This showed me the power of RDWC.

The bins and res are insulated with fiberglass wrapped on plastic and covered in silver tape no idea if this helps or not.

My res is 27gallons, the bins are 17 each, I call it 50 gallons total to make things easier. I use bulkheads to connect everything because they are so damn sturdy. The res, and bins are hooked together by 2 inch hose.
I have the recirculating pump in the res.
There is a one inch hose connected to the pump running back through the 2 inch hose to the farthest bin from this pump. The water coming out of the 1 inch hose "pushes" the water from the farthest bin back through the 2 inch hose to the res. recirculating the system. I did this to make sure i dont have shit laying all over the floor. The return hose is inside the system. I also use this pump to drain the system

In one of the pics i have a 6 inch fan in the reservoir lid. This fan will lower the temp of the water by as much as 10 degrees... no need for a chiller.

I use an air pump that most will say is too big. Its an 80 liter which could probably service 8 or 10 bins in a under current system.

There is a 12 inch diffuser in each bin. Its a ton of air. I believe it keeps nutes moving through the roots. It also helps keep the roots clean with lite agitation, and keeps creeping crud from getting a foothold because of the high oxygen environment
I wouldnt change it for anything.

My favorite part of my system is the autofill valve in the res.. Best $14 i ever spent. Its hooked up to a 300gallon RO filter. I dont need to ever put water in the system period. The only way i know water going away is the PPMs go down. This also set the height of the water. It gets to a certaon level and stops. Seriously... if you do RDWC/DWC and dont have one get one. Makes it a breeze.

Finally i use a Hanna Groline all in one Ph-PPM-temp gauge to give me the vitals
I love it. It uses one solution to calibrate everything. I put it away for months then tried it and it was perfect. Its a wall mount gizmo, so the probe always stays in the water i can read it any time. The screen is green light so it wont affect the grow. This thing is really worth it.

Well thats how I hydro. Id love to hear how you do it.

That’s a pretty impressive system. Best use of the GH stuff I’ve seen yet.

Me, I manually pour water over perlite every two days. :rofl:

:passitleft:
It takes all kinds. Thanks

Well presented set up, too complicated for me though I think
Im sure you could sort it all out. This didnt happen overnight. Lots of trial and error. So it was baby steps all the way. If i had to do it over it would do many things differently.

Thanks

Ph
Ph is a little low. It still tends to move up over time pretty normal with the stuff im using.

All are doing ok. STILL no roots yet. One is a bit small because it wouldnt shed the shell. I had to help which i dont usually do, i didnt want it to use all its energy. It only has one cotylodon (spelling?) And the leaves are deformed a bit. The rest are doing well.

I helped process 2 7foot Northern Lights. Its too bad. Right at the end Powdery mildew showed up and ruined almost all of it. The third plant was a total loss, and it had the best buds.

Im gonna spread it out a bit more, but they will dry from the lights in my office

Look at you! you damn show off :rofl: I'm gonna get my Journal up and running I got the new pig today, she went up in the tent and I flipped both tents tonight. I'm getting a little ambitious as that will be 9 plants to trim in 10 weeks. pop on over to the journal one I get it set up and in my sig.

Look at you! you damn show off :rofl: I'm gonna get my Journal up and running I got the new pig today, she went up in the tent and I flipped both tents tonight. I'm getting a little ambitious as that will be 9 plants to trim in 10 weeks. pop on over to the journal one I get it set up and in my sig.
Its what we do

Haha Carbon Filters brotha! I just replaced my large one today. Probably could get another few months outta it but the fan started squawking so i bought a new combo set, I'm gonna dry out the old on in the garage for a few weeks and plug it back in. The humidity kills them long before they stop absorbing.

Haha Carbon Filters brotha! I just replaced my large one today. Probably could get another few months outta it but the fan started squawking so i bought a new combo set, I'm gonna dry out the old on in the garage for a few weeks and plug it back in. The humidity kills them long before they stop absorbing.
Carbon filters wouldnt do anything in this capacity.

Back
Top Bottom