But like mine is at the very tip of the cola and that will all try bud over so I don't really want it to be there for life lol, idk I was thinking of just going till the tape is in the way and start removing it hoping the bud gets solid and holds it together. idk tho
Get a dowel long enough so you can tape it solidly to the stem down low, then figure out a way to hold the growing end for a little while, a double sided velcro strap would work nicely.

Well the tape is hard to see but that leaf in first pic right of stalk middle top pic is the one that drooped immediately after the snap, The dowel idea is great but for this one time I am going to just see what she does. Not gunna lie, if it fell off it will let the light get closer to the other 99% of the colas and I would lose no sleep. however, I will get dowels next time I get more pipe cleaners and I will have it ready for next time because if I ever break it at the screen area I would 1,000,000% be performing said splint surgery

IMG_7181.JPG
IMG_7182.JPG
IMG_7183.JPG
IMG_7185.JPG

we are talking what maybe 1/4 oz in this cola tip? what you think? 1/8th?
There are a quite few variables to prognostication. I will say it probably won't make too much of a dent to the over all yield

There are a quite few variables to prognostication. I will say it probably won't make too much of a dent to the over all yield
Yes I agree guessing is just that a guess, Maybe with any luck it will fall off just as it reaches maturity giving a test smoke and letting whats under ripen more :rofl: Honestly I am just happy the break was the last 2-3 inches of the branch

Yes I agree guessing is just that a guess, Maybe with any luck it will fall off just as it reaches maturity giving a test smoke and letting whats under ripen more :rofl: Honestly I am just happy the break was the last 2-3 inches of the branch
The damaged area will be much stronger than the surrounding area, AND the resulting bud can actually be more prolific than the surrounding flowering branches. Its a good thing to learn. Better now than when you have to super crop a whole plant

@Stltoed Do you know if bud would grow around a splint and tape on the stem of the very tip? or would the tape and splint get in the way
You really don't want to have bud under tape. The nugs will grow around an object.

You really don't want to have bud under tape. The nugs will grow around an object.
If the tape is only over stem not nodes would that get bud under the tape or would the bud be growing out of nodes and go around the bud? I am sorry if these are bad questions I am just curious. My plan is to try move the tape as buds form in the next 2 weeks and hope for the best

If the tape is only over stem not nodes would that get bud under the tape or would the bud be growing out of nodes and go around the bud? I am sorry if these are bad questions I am just curious. My plan is to try move the tape as buds form in the next 2 weeks and hope for the best
Go get some velcro

I did not understand what you said to do with the velcro tbh
maybe velco it up until it fuses them you can take it off? I did this to a hibiscus plant and it worked

maybe velco it up until it fuses them you can take it off? I did this to a hibiscus plant and it worked
So like something fairly solid at the height of the cola top with velcro on it and then how do I put velcro on the plant

Was that like a full snap? my tape seems to be holding it up but at first it wasn't lol. I sure hope the 2 inch shorter thing means it is done trying to rush the light :rofl: So look in a week and remove tape in 2 maybe
Yes sir it was but that’s super cropping as I was newest and it. The branch was fine the day I super cropped but the winds picked up the next day and blew it over to a 45 degree angle towards the center of the plant. Used the pencil tape and it still there now.
2DF9157A-EB45-4DD5-B218-0EB79B46D2F8.jpeg

Yes sir it was but that’s super cropping as I was newest and it. The branch was fine the day I super cropped but the winds picked up the next day and blew it over to a 45 degree angle towards the center of the plant. Used the pencil tape and it still there now.
2DF9157A-EB45-4DD5-B218-0EB79B46D2F8.jpeg
I like his bow tie he's stylin

Did yours build a knuckle around the snap or just rebond?

I like his bow tie he's stylin

Did yours build a knuckle around the snap or just rebond?
All I did was stand the branch back upright and attach the splint. For added support I tied that branch to the branches on either side to prevent it from swaying too much from the wind on its own.

Well here is the tape and the break, I can see humidity inside the tape at the break so it is doing something

IMG_7186.JPG
IMG_7187.JPG

And then random buds

IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7188.JPG
IMG_7188m.jpg
IMG_7190.JPG
IMG_7190m.jpg
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7192m.jpg
Great job healing the break. The plant will fused it back up in a couple days to a week then you will never know it was there. Good job.:adore::cheer:

Back
Top Bottom