Stonecrusher's Backyard Bonanza - Bringing Out The Big Pots!

Meanwhile on the outdoor front...
Hooray for SIPs!! Have a look at my Afghan Super Skunk (left) and Random Sativa (right) in homemade sips. They are launching! The Afghan, being more Indica is already in full bloom, and the Sativa is just starting pre-flower stretch about 3 weeks behind the Indica.
The Sativa is looking droopy because it was pre-watering, I assure you it perked right up after a drink.
These sips I built from second hand recycling containers hold about 12 gallons soil and 2.5 gallon reservior. They are working flawlessly for the summer grow.

The buds are already thick on the Super Skunk, but SO MANY leaves!! There will be shake!
Sativa grew sideways in the begining, but seems just fine.

WAIT theres more!
Here are the BIG POTS that I started this thread for. AK 47 and Chem Dawg in 30 gal pots full of recycled/amended soil. Water only.... until I started brewing a tea from plants I cut down. They are loving it.
They are both showing flowers now and I'm anticipating big things from them. I purposely started them later so they didn't get too big and start looking over the fence. They seem to have leveled out at about 6-7 ft tall including the pots. Just about right i recon.

Showing off some flower. I anticipate October harvest so they still have some work to do.

I caged the AK-47 with some wire fencing since last year I couldn't keep up with flopping branches.

Im letting the Chem Dawg go au natural, mostly because Im lazy and will probably pay for it later.

Looks like it's going to be a major harvest out there come fall, so I hope you have great weather through chop time!
Thanks Shed,
We have had more clouds and moisture than normal, but I feel like the plants still do pretty well in partial sun. I was worried I started to late with these girls but today I feel pretty good about the size and progress.
It is fun that I have plants in various stages. My Afghan Super Skunk is in full bloom, the AK-47 is just starting to put on first nice buds, and the Sativa Chem Dawg is still in pre-flower stretch. The only concern is making sure they get consistent care.

AK-47. Sprouted June 1, day 53, 30 gal pot recycled soil, water, top dress worm castings.

Chem Dawg day 52 above soil. Still in pre flower stretch. I think it will be getting a bit taller and finishing later than the AK47

Pre flower is when I start hitting them with bone meal every 2 weeks and lower the ewc a little, no more than 1/4 cup top dress or in tea. Seems to do the trick for flower for me…

This morning Im back in the garage checking on the new autoflower babies. I started new ones at the beginning of August and learned a lesson about bringing the great outdoors inside. I hung 2 outdoor autos to dry above the new seedlings and within 2 days found some little green caterpillars munching on the babies. They pretty much decimated them by eating the tops on the 2nd node as well as the leaves.
So I retired the seedlings and started over.

But the story still has a little twist.
First the details:
Seeds:
Fastbuds Auto mystery pack x2
Ethos Pineapple Runtz x1
Ethos Banana Daddy x Jealousy x1

Method:
Direct sew into cannibalized soil, Solo cup method

Results: After 3 days both @FastBuds seeds had sprouted and were showing first growth. The Ethos Pineapple Runtz was nowhere to be seen so I went digging and couldn't find it and assumed it was a no go. I grabbed a bonus seed from my @NorthAtlanticSeedco pack. It was the Ethos Banana Daddy x Jealousy and I planted it. It came up within 2 days and I had a nice little trio started.
Well this morning I opened the tent for an inspection and guess what? There are TWO seedlings in the Ethos cup. Meaning the Pineapple Runtz was just a late bloomer. It took 8 days to germinate, but here she is!! This may push the limits of my 2x4 tent with 4 plants. Maybe Ill break them up and send one or two outdoors, keep two inside and compare.

That was a nice surprise little cousin, Crusher! :Rasta:

Four SIPs and a 2x4.
Do you think this is too many plants for the space? I feel like 3 Autos is a good number for the 2x4 tent, but I had a little surprise pop up and now I have 4 new babies.
I have been excited to try the Ethos autos. Especially the Pineapple Runtz. When the seed didn't germinate along with the Fastbuds autos planted at the same time, I waited a few more days then dug around in the Solo cup and couldn't even find the seed. So I went with the backup bonus seed from Ethos, a Jealousy x Banana Daddy auto. It germinated within 48 hours and things looked just fine. Lo and behold a few days later the Pineapple Runtz fought its way to the surface. And now there are 4.
They are fine now, but in a month Ill be juggling tent space. Maybe one will become an outdoor auto.

Four SIPs and a 2x4.
Do you think this is too many plants for the space? I feel like 3 Autos is a good number for the 2x4 tent, but I had a little surprise pop up and now I have 4 new babies.
I have been excited to try the Ethos autos. Especially the Pineapple Runtz. When the seed didn't germinate along with the Fastbuds autos planted at the same time, I waited a few more days then dug around in the Solo cup and couldn't even find the seed. So I went with the backup bonus seed from Ethos, a Jealousy x Banana Daddy auto. It germinated within 48 hours and things looked just fine. Lo and behold a few days later the Pineapple Runtz fought its way to the surface. And now there are 4.
They are fine now, but in a month Ill be juggling tent space. Maybe one will become an outdoor auto.

I had trouble with 3 plants, but they were photos in perlite hempy.

Haha, size does matter after all :) but seriously you can do great things in small spaces if you have the patience for it. Just do all the tying and cropping you need to do so as not to burn, humidify, etc them to death.

Four SIPs and a 2x4.
I do. I run only two in smaller 2G buckets (so they're more like auto size) in essentially a 1.75x3 and that's about perfect for my space. But good training and a bit of luck will hopefully get it done.

Be prepared for them to all grow into each other.

4 SIPs in a 2x4. 🤦‍♂️

Lol.

The outdoor plants are coming along very nicely. I am happy with the decision to just have two good plants in the 30gal pots. Last year I had 8 or 9 in various sized pots and it was a little too much of a good thing.
With 30 gallons of soil I could probably do water only all the way to harvest. But wheres the fun in that? Yesterday I top dressed with Build A Soil- Build A Flower top dress. In case it interests you here is what it contains. (directly copied from their website)
  • 🌿 Premium Compost
  • 🐛 BuildASoil Worm Castings
  • ⚪ Diamond K Ag Gypsum
  • 🌾 High P Organic Rice Bran
  • 🍀 Thorvin Icelandic Kelp Meal
  • 🌱 Organic Mustard Seed Meal
  • 🔥 BuildASoil Pre-Charged Bio-char with Rootwise Mycrobe Complete
Just a few handfuls massaged into the soil and watered in. The thing I like about top dress is that it keeps feeding the plants for a while, not just one watering. But it is important to get to it before you see any deficiencies.

As I stepped off the deck this morning I walked right into a spider web across my face, agghhh! I was kind of shocked because Ive been watching this FAT lady spider for a couple of weeks now. She likes to spin her web between the Sativa plant and the side of the house and she is kind of scary looking. Today she demonstrated her hunting prowess with a full size grasshopper! She's on my team!! Should I give her a name?

I do. I run only two in smaller 2G buckets (so they're more like auto size) in essentially a 1.75x3 and that's about perfect for my space. But good training and a bit of luck will hopefully get it done.

Be prepared for them to all grow into each other.

4 SIPs in a 2x4. 🤦‍♂️

Lol.
Total face slap, I know.. But I can't resist.
I didn't mention that I have a 3x3 tent and light that I take down in the summer so I have room for summer toys in the garage. Bikes, paddle boards, floaties and such. Mrs. Crusher also parks her car there so it gets tight. Ill probably have to put it up when things get growing. I hear the Ethos Pineapple Runtz can get pretty large for an Auto.

A quick afternoon photo of the AK-47 as she begins to stack on more buds. The first smells wafting in thru the back door are lemony and skunky.

Here is the Chem Dog for contrast. More sativa in structure and development. Shes just beginning to produce some popcorn sized buds and seems like maybe 2 weeks behind the AK-47, lighter in color and with wider node spacing. This plant has a plum scent with almost no funk yet.

Sorry for the poor photo, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom