Stonecrusher's Backyard Bonanza - Bringing Out The Big Pots!

For outdoor plants I mulch with a nice thick layer of compost covered by grass clippings. The grass clippings will fade to a light tan and help reflect light and heat keeping the mulch layer cooler and protecting the microbes from UV radiation.

Just don't use clippings from a lawn that's been sprayed with weed killer, obviously. And you can use them even without the compost layer if you don't have any. Just be sure to wet the ground before applying since the mulch since it will tend to lock in whatever environment you have before applying as it'll take an awful lot of rain to penetrate the mulch layer.
I like that idea. I normally mulch my lawn clippings right back into the lawn but I can bag a little for this purpose. This would probably be good for the big pots too. I have used straw in the past, but the straw I have around is degraded and can be really dusty/powdery.

The boneyard.
These girls are destined for the composter. I just have no place for them and they are strains I already have planted. They were backups and now have served their purpose.
But still...how do I say goodbye?
Should leave them at a donation box so someone else can get excited too with love 🫶😇

Hi again. This one is mostly to @Justin Goody and @Grand Daddy Black since they have both chipped in on this plant. It was an auto runt that I attempted to scare into growing with some HST. I took it down today and it should give me a few good smokes. It was a nice experiment and I look forward to trying this technique with a better plant.
I chopped it today, put it in a paper bag and in the fridge. This will also be my first try curing in the fridge. I sure wish I had a cool shirt box.

I call it a "six pack" of mini budz.

Should leave them at a donation box so someone else can get excited too with love 🫶😇
Jiggi you are always thinking about others! So sweet!! Maybe I could stick it in the tiny library down the street.

That's a damn cute little plant, Crusher! I'd hit that! :ganjamon:

Ok guys. You have struck my sympathy chord. I dislike killing plants, even weeds simetimes. I mean who gets to decide who lives and dies, right? I may just have to sneak out one night and leave them around the neighborhood.

Although not recommended to anyone, I like to be a little risqué at times and drop a clone or two along the periphery of rural LOAs or similar places to be ironic. Inevitably, I will find that they do well and somebody has benefited by mini harvesting them without chopping and burning lol

I’d like to think I’m a big seed spreader. Most of the seeds I breed that don’t make the ‘A’ pile get tossed into a little stream that has a constant flow of runoff behind my house. The rest go to the wild birds so who knows where they might go.
I used to give hundreds of them to a local lady who liked to plant them in flowerbeds around town and she would give them away to various folks. I tend to give little stockpiles to the right folks and my seeds have somehow ended up halfway around the world.

Stonecrusher You’re doing good work here and it will get better!

Congrats on the mini harvest! And this? ↓↓
But still...how do I say goodbye?
Here is my technique:

full

I call it:

full

:thumb:

I want to shout out to @North Atlantic Seed Co for making me a happy customer!
I purchased some Ethos Pineapple Runtz Autos and received not one, not two, but THREE bonus packs. Including:
Ethos - Jealousy x Banana Daddy Auto
Dirty Bird- Rainbow Unicorn Fem photos
North Atlantic Seed Co - Feminized Auto (not sure what it is but hey!)
I'm ready for a whole season of fun with this order.
Not to sound like and advertisement but they arrived early on a Friday rather than the Monday delivery I was expecting!
They are the bomb!

I’d like to think I’m a big seed spreader. Most of the seeds I breed that don’t make the ‘A’ pile get tossed into a little stream that has a constant flow of runoff behind my house. The rest go to the wild birds so who knows where they might go.
I used to give hundreds of them to a local lady who liked to plant them in flowerbeds around town and she would give them away to various folks. I tend to give little stockpiles to the right folks and my seeds have somehow ended up halfway around the world.

Stonecrusher You’re doing good work here and it will get better!
It's nice to know what kind of folks I'm hanging out with around here.

Back
Top Bottom