Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

Thanks @Justin Goody !

I've just moved from HID to LED and have Much more control over my light power !

Last grow I Wanted large/long cola's and even with topping and training one was over five feet tall šŸ˜†

But the cola's were Impressive, he, he...

So, been there, done that ! This grow I'm going to try for less and shorter cola's with a quicker harvest time.....

Just for curiosity, I also don't Need More :love:

Cheers

Thanks @Justin Goody !

I've just moved from HID to LED and have Much more control over my light power !

Last grow I Wanted large/long cola's and even with topping and training one was over five feet tall šŸ˜†

So, been there, done that ! This grow I'm going to try for less and shorter cola's with a quicker harvest time.....

Cheers
I have heard from several old growers that leaving a single stalk could still net you more weight than splitting them but Iā€™ve yet to see it. I occasionally leave one untamed, usually outside in June/July.
Yeah I love the light I get from the (especially newer) LEDs that have so little heat and so much punch.
Good luck this month in the contests!

I have heard from several old growers that leaving a single stalk could still net you more weight than splitting them but Iā€™ve yet to see it. I occasionally leave one untamed, usually outside in June/July.
My grows are all indoor and I've found a plant topped at least once produces more but I have the room to play ;)
Yeah I love the light I get from the (especially newer) LEDs that have so little heat and so much punch.
So far I have no complaints šŸ˜†
Good luck this month in the contests!
Thanks @Justin Goody !

Cheers

Thanks @Justin Goody !

Cheers
Years ago buddy I was just amazed because my buddy grew under some huge blurple "Christmas light" as he referred to it. They've come a long way!!! I agree with the control factor. I love the fact that I ran through most of my veg on 25% power!! Keep on trucking man. I also like less heat with led. Happy Wednesday!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø

Years ago buddy I was just amazed because my buddy grew under some huge blurple "Christmas light" as he referred to it. They've come a long way!!! I agree with the control factor. I love the fact that I ran through most of my veg on 25% power!! Keep on trucking man. I also like less heat with led. Happy Wednesday!! šŸ˜ŽāœŒļø
Oh yeah baby the blurple was the only choice for a while (unless you had a few thousand for a proper LED array) now the good ones are much more accessible.
I canā€™t even imagine leaving an HPs on in my house now all day, those things arešŸ’„ hazards šŸ”„ and you have to replace the bulb every year ā€¦LEDs are like 50,000 hours minimum and they pay for themselves in a single grow many times.

Those blurples definitely added some flair though:

full

All my ladies are growing longer legs. Maybe itā€™s the MegaCrop 2 part/Remo combo..

This is a younger Wookiees x Wizard x Queen G who just like her fuzzy sticky sis, is choosing the bottom branch as her highest top so far. Good stacking, love that angle (I wonā€™t call it praying šŸ˜‚) they do seem happy though.
IMG_6552.jpeg

Little Queen G here is also getting a bit taller. S1s are fairly consistent so far in their genetics expression
IMG_6551.jpeg

BTF 2 is the stout and robust version of these beans. Right in between the other 2 phenos in size and structure but with 2x the flower.
IMG_6550.jpeg

The taller skinnier sis BTF 3. Good stacking, good angles up top. I have high hopes for this one to get some real size before she fills out.
IMG_6537.jpeg
IMG_6535.jpeg

Thanks!
I occasionally do some but my tents donā€™t have a ton of room to go outward and I tend to let them do their thing and just go up. I rotate the plants a lot and trim a bit to open up light paths regularly. Seems like a lot of work to do it any other way šŸ˜

Most of my autos donā€™t have big long spears. They are more uniform medium sized and usually very little trim. I donā€™t mind having nugs of all sizes. I donā€™t depend on mine for income or anything, I smoke or use everything I grow so giant spears are a bonus and small stuff becomes oil and edibles.

IMG_6528.jpeg
This is not a typical auto of mine, itā€™s abnormally large.

This is probably a little more typical looking for one of mine.
IMG_5173.jpeg

Iā€™ve tried a lot of styles. In the end, the weight of this plant with 6 main tops still comes out around the same weight as the exact plant grown with 30-40 uniform tops. Only difference being I have a bit more variation between size of buds, less to worry about, and the plant takes less room.
Oh that's BS you grow really large autos for the most part.

Oh that's BS you grow really large autos for the most part.
I appreciate that.
I would say mine are a decent average with the occasional standout.
I donā€™t really grow them expecting massive size, itā€™s sort of a bonus if they get bigger. Iā€™m in it for the flavor and the buzz.

One of the reasons I donā€™t buy into XXL/super strains- coming from California originally, strawberries are very popular there. When you buy strawberries you either get massive ones that are pretty and perfect but have minimal flavor, or slightly smaller ones that taste sweet like candy. For me, strawberries arenā€™t for looking at, they are a fruit sought after for flavor.

So when this OG Kush kept on growing, my first thought wasnā€™t YAY more weed, but rather the real bottom lineā€¦is this gonna affect flavor? ā€¦

I trust Barneyā€™s Farm and their genetics. Many of my breeds are based in their Wedding cake auto. So I trust that this OG Kush has some real transformative time in the weeks ahead. Finally noticed some color up today and sheā€™s finally getting a bit of personality rather than just beingā€¦huge
IMG_6556.jpeg
IMG_6557.jpeg

So now at least she will be huge and pretty šŸ˜‚

Was doing some ā€œaggressiveā€ training today and broke a main branch on this Dr Wookiees x Queen G. It was hanging on by a thread
IMG_6559.jpeg
and I grabbed my go to
IMG_6566.jpeg

A little prop up and sheā€™s good to go.
IMG_6585.jpeg

I canā€™t train this branch horizontally anymore so she may become the main top. Since it didnā€™t wither and die right away sheā€™ll likely be all good.
Sheā€™s a Deca(10)line like @Carcass last beauty but more related to his next one.

This seed was kind of an afterthought and I didnā€™t have much room at the time so sheā€™s in a tiny pot and aching to get out of it as soon as this branch heals for a few days.
This breed is 2 back crosses, both sides have Wookiees and both have Cannabiogen Destroyer, and the rest of their family is all strength and flavor. It was also my first successful pollination using stored Queen G pollen.
Her stems already stink more than most plants 3x her age.
I think sheā€™s ready to show me sheā€™s no joke and now that I snapped her, I owe her that much..

Back
Top Bottom