Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

@InTheShed here is a better comparison for your Wizard auto(s).
They do grow outside just fine but it’s tough to get them to respond to stress and train like regular plants because of fairly strong winds here, so…there’s a bar that’s set for outside plants that just isn’t the same as their inside sisters.

Here is Queen G x Wizard, same age
IMG_4981.jpeg
IMG_4985.jpeg

Now that little plant is in one of the lower light spots in the yard, cause the plant was sort of a runt/afterthought but you can see the obvious difference in her trained indoor sister.

And as for your Wizard, that pair in my garden is doing pretty well and figuring things out, it’s very encouraging.
IMG_4978.jpeg
This one that started indoors and went outside checks a lot of boxes for an auto, will be interesting to see how they measure up at their ends.
IMG_4982.jpeg

Glad to see wizards popping up in the forum!

Justin it’s all come down to this.
This Wizard auto made 80 days after her 1st true set
The first 21 days she was under a 150w next light between 25% seedling to 100%.
At 21 days she was showing stigmas and the Mars 300 went over her at around 40% and slowly moved up throughout the growth. All in a 3gal fabric pot with a premium potting soil feeding exclusively on Prescription Blend.

I usually take off the 2 lowest sets of limbs but this gal didn’t grow a 3rd limb on one side so I let her go as is. That and she had one lower limb that stretched like none of the others. She gave me fits trying to keep her symmetrical. I didn’t.

Loved the colors as they started getting darker that and she was actually very nice and frosty.
Her Oder level was fairly high but I actually like the smell of a good ripe plant.
The last 10-12 days her leaves got very brittle so I had most all the larger leaves already removed before I took her out of the tent for the last time.

So after finishing up the tedious part we ended with 470 grams wet nugs. I break everything thing down as it comes off the plant. No stems no large buds then everything went into 6 brown paper lunch bags and will spend around the next 30 days in my refrigerator slowly bringing down the r/h before I put it into the Kerr glass jars.

Thanks to you and your Dad:circle-of-love:

IMG_1823.jpeg

Love the colors

IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1824.jpeg

I can already tell this is going to be tasty.

here is a better comparison for your Wizard auto(s).
They do grow outside just fine but it’s tough to get them to respond to stress and train like regular plants because of fairly strong winds here, so…there’s a bar that’s set for outside plants that just isn’t the same as their inside sisters.
Thanks Justin! No weather to speak of here, just temp and RH swings from day to night.

I'll probably top and train the way I do my photos if it gives me a long enough veg so that's TBD.

I'm not going to schlep this one (which I used to do with my autos back in the day), but I'll truly be happy with whatever I get!
Another beautiful Nev flat-top auto, great work! I miss your journals though.

tasty and potent...she looks like she means business... :lot-o-toke:
Damn, Nev- she was an exotic beauty...

At 21 days she was showing stigmas and the Mars 300 went over her at around 40% and slowly moved up throughout the growth. All in a 3gal fabric pot with a premium potting soil feeding exclusively on Prescription Blend.

I usually take off the 2 lowest sets of limbs but this gal didn’t grow a 3rd limb on one side so I let her go as is. That and she had one lower limb that stretched like none of the others. She gave me fits trying to keep her symmetrical. I didn’t.

Loved the colors as they started getting darker that and she was actually very nice and frosty.
Her Oder level was fairly high but I actually like the smell of a good ripe plant.
The last 10-12 days her leaves got very brittle so I had most all the larger leaves already removed before I took her out of the tent for the last time.

So after finishing up the tedious part we ended with 470 grams wet nugs. I break everything thing down as it comes off the plant. No stems no large buds then everything went into 6 brown paper lunch bags and will spend around the next 30 days in my refrigerator slowly bringing down the r/h before I put it into the Kerr glass jars.

IMG_1823.jpeg

Love the colors

IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1824.jpeg

Hell yeah, looks great!
So about 3 1/2 oz ish, she sounds and looks pretty typical for Wizard, I don’t think I’ve got it past 4 though my outdoor one wants to try I think
…fridge dry is the way to go for flavor too. Awesome work with her. Looks tasty.👅
She’s one of those rare times in life where Fruit & Cake combine to make something delicious. And you’ll be casting spells in no time once you smoke 💨

tasty and potent...she looks like she means business... :lot-o-toke:
Damn, Nev- she was an exotic beauty...
Hopefully you have some more of those 🪄 🫘 laying around

Thanks Justin! No weather to speak of here, just temp and RH swings from day to night.

I'll probably top and train the way I do my photos if it gives me a long enough veg so that's TBD.

I'm not going to schlep this one (which I used to do with my autos back in the day), but I'll truly be happy with whatever I get!

Another beautiful Nev flat-top auto, great work! I miss your journals though.
I’m sure you’ll have an easier time training them outdoors, here its easier just to single stake them and let them do their thing til they get thick. I hope you get one that wants to get tall!

Forgot to add these on the last post- The WxW outside (coldest May on record) vs inside
IMG_4986.jpeg
IMG_4987.jpeg

And don’t sleep on the newby here-

Alaskan BananaBerry x Wizard auto inside vs younger healthy outside
IMG_4988.jpeg
IMG_4989.jpeg

I give them both good chances, the little one headed outside on the perfect day and has been praying.

The indoor girl seemed small a few days ago but is stretching and seems to be doing a thing…so I’ll just watch and train.

IMG_1823.jpeg

Love the colors

IMG_1815.jpeg
IMG_1824.jpeg

Wow Nev, what a beauty! I also miss your journals!

Cap Junky 2 (clone of CJ1) has suddenly said no more water and she started popping pistils again but they all lead to foxtails. I’ll get her under the microscope later today and we can see how long she will rest. I moved her outside to enjoy nature for a few days before ☠️
IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5030.jpeg

Now that her tent opened up, I’ll finish these 2 ladies under the strongest light.
Front left is WxW @BooWho2 and behind her is Queen G x Wizard. @Stonecrusher she never got that tall but she’s got some junk in the trunk, and she has no shortage of frosty goodness. Smells less like 🍋 and more like 🍑 can’t say I mind that.
IMG_5048.jpeg

In the rain again
WxW getting those purple flecks
IMG_5050.jpeg

The younger Alaskan BB x Wizard has been outside testing weather its whole short life. Topped yesterday and she seems to be cruising
IMG_5051.jpeg

Her older indoor sis is one of the more pleasant surprises of this last round of pollen chucking. I’ll post her later

So the CapJunky ..a bit clear, a bit cloudy, flecks of amber …could probably pick any time.
Image_2024-06-23 17_08_19_922.jpeg
Image_2024-06-23 17_08_49_710.jpeg

For comparison, here’s Queen G x Wizard with a few weeks left
Image_2024-06-23 17_11_15_831.jpeg

this is her below CapJunky (leaf pieces next to each other)
Image_2024-06-23 17_12_06_137.jpeg

Excited that any of my weed can hold a candle to the CapJunky’s snow tips. But this QGx Wizard looks…pretty tasty.

~~~In the other tent, the indoor Alaskan BB x Wizard auto is getting that shape you really love to see. Like a ballerina who looks like she’s about to dance
IMG_5053.jpeg
young (38 days old) and already twice as as tall as the other autos the same age. Great early frost too… keep an eye on this one. ☝️

Queen G x Wizard is worthy of another pic, look at all that snow in June.
IMG_5082.jpeg

And I will say this about her only sister- She’s doing pretty well for being in the shady part of the yard (sun on her from 6am - 3pm) and enduring the last month.
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5083.jpeg

You can see the little Alaska BBx Wizard ⬆️ that popped up next to her.

@SeedsMan Alaskan BB auto x Wizard (auto)
A closer look at the top.
IMG_5095.jpeg
She’s young yet but damn…look at that frosty pole 👅 ❄️
IMG_5096.png
and her bud/stem structure is …I don’t want to say “perfect” cause that’s a strong word with autos and I’m superstitious.
IMG_5089.jpeg
IMG_5090.jpeg

I will say that this auto has surprised me with every day of its life so far and I kind of expect great things from her judging by early traits.

Feeding @Remo Nutrients and occasionally MC

It might even be time to start a different journal for my crosses, cause I’ve been having a decent run of luck with them lately.

This caught my eye the other day but it seemed better placed here than where it came from:

I never save pollen.
So if you wanted to dust a CapJunky with something you're not growing you would need to grow it, reverse it, and use the pollen on a CJ currently pushing pistils, and get the timing correct for it? That would also mean that the reversed one would need to have the correct traits and vigor you were looking for, and that might be a crapshoot.

Or do you only cross what's growing at the same time?

This caught my eye the other day but it seemed better placed here than where it came from:

So if you wanted to dust a CapJunky with something you're not growing you would need to grow it, reverse it, and use the pollen on a CJ currently pushing pistils, and get the timing correct for it? That would also mean that the reversed one would need to have the correct traits and vigor you were looking for, and that might be a crapshoot.

Or do you only cross what's growing at the same time?
It is definitely a crapshoot sometimes reversing autos. You really have no idea how they will be as adults when you start spraying them with silver.
Once they are spitting pollen, you have a decent window of time like 3-4 weeks (if you have a safe place to keep a dusty plant) and same with budding plants, you have all the way up to about 3 weeks before harvest to pollinate.
But there’s a bit of guessing, no doubt, and I’ve been fairly lucky.
I like to grow several strains at once and let fate decide who makes it.

Funny you should mention CapJunky. I have one growing (2 weeks old) for that…and I have a Queen G reversing right now.
IMG_5097.jpeg
And speaking of traits..I just so happened to pick an auto that’s already bigger than all previous Queen G plants were at this age. Leggy and all. (Otherwise would be kind of a bummer that I’m not growing it to smoke) Luckily I can also make S1’s of this (what appears to be) great Queen G pheno
It will make a great start to a project that will take a while - breeding QueenG (auto) and CJ (photo) to make a stronger CJ leaning auto.

And it’s not that I haven’t tried to save pollen. I have saved it, it looked viable, but when I applied it…blanks.

Wizard auto (s1) loving the sun from every direction. Mornings like this register over 100k on my lux meter
IMG_5099.jpeg
she’s thickening up nice for an outdoor girl. Bugs don’t seem to notice her …I won’t complain

Queen G x Wizard
IMG_5112.jpeg

vs Wookiee x Wizard
IMG_5110.jpeg

Queen G x (rear) didn’t get as tall as I’d hoped but she makes up for it by looking like a frost covered bouquet of pine cones. Her weight/density isn’t bad. Wookiees x in the front is a few weeks behind her but looks to be on a similar path. Wookiees smells more danky and earthy while the QGx smells like Blood Orange/Peach
IMG_5111.jpeg

Happy Friday from the Wizard
IMG_5132.jpeg
IMG_5130.jpeg
she had a nice purple hue developing.

Alaskan BB x Wizard has taken to the outdoors. The wind has mellowed so she got a bit of training
IMG_5134.jpeg

and so did Queen G x Wizard
IMG_5135.jpeg
she’s really spreading out and still getting into a rhythm, crazy that she’s a former runt who I kind of wrote off. Same age as her lovely sis that’s indoors and almost finished. I hope she lives another month out here getting all the light she needs.

Have a great weekend!

Alaskan BB x Wizard has taken to the outdoors.
That's my next one in the box!
I'll be soaking the seed in a few days...
Man, those are some big, fat healthy looking seeds!
I'll start with the fattest one... 😁

Back
Top Bottom