Stealth - Soil - HID - Smart Pot - SCROG - GDP - First Grow

Re: Stealth, Soil, HID, Smart Pot, SCRog, GDP - First Grow

Thank you thank you...I didn't think of that..

Awesome! I'm not sure yet that I'm going to do it..at this rate of growth I'm not sure if I'll really need to...

I got a bucket, perlite, Osmocote and I found a hole on my workbench!!! I might just stick one more clone in there seeing that I'm still early on in this...

MARLEY!! ARE YOU LISTENING??!! lol

:thanks:

Lol, just responded to your pm. :)

I scrog since the plants will be wider and more light will reach more surface area. I sometimes tie the plant to the scrog.

I keep hearing about scrog. Exactly what is it??

Suka..scrog means "SCReen Of Green". It's a method of plant training that is very low stress and maximizes the potential growing area of a grow space that is height restricted.

It can be used in any grow environment but is especially good in small grow spaces.

Go to the search function here and just type in "scrog" and you'll get many grow journals where you can see it in action. My screen isn't installed yet cause my plants aren't big enough to train in a scrog just yet.

If I'm full of shit on any of that ya'll, please feel free to correct me! :peace:

Day 16 - Watered last night

I think I'm beginning to get a feel for these plants. Last night I sensed that they needed a little water and sure enough after giving it to them, this morning they are literally dancing in my box..so it seems.

Question: Is there any benefit to watering just before lights off?? Seems like there would be as far as root development goes but it rains at all different times of the day in nature so I'm not sure if it does matter.

I've got a little leaf burn of some sort..not sure what's causing it. As it's not in both plants and just the one...all conditions being the same....I don't know that I'm THAT worried about it.

Day_16_-_3.jpg

Gurlz ~

Day_16_-_2.jpg

Day_16_-_1.jpg

Sure doesn't seem that dark when I'm taking these pics...

I've got a bucket, some perlite, some FF LW, (there is a new twist!) and I'm throwing my hat in the hempy ring...if I can, I'll pick up a clone today...not sure what's available..don't really care as it's just an experiment anyway..should probably stay indica heavy as that's what I'm rockin...

:)

If the problem just started, I would be worried about it. If you don't correct it, it will just spread. What's your pH and what is the TDS of the water you're using?

If the problem just started, I would be worried about it. If you don't correct it, it will just spread. What's your pH and what is the TDS of the water you're using?

TDS is 000 and the ph is 6.3 to 6.8. I'm using a zerowater filter which is fda defined as pure.

I check the TDS everytime and it's been 000 each time. My tap water is only 030 which is incredible for tap water.

I sent my water company an email last night about the TA and am hearing back from them today. Both plants are getting the same water though so I'm not sure it's the water.

Checked for bugs...none. Soil is same mix..all other environmental factors are identical...

Your thoughts??

If you TDS of your tap water is only 30, I would just use tap water for watering. Most of the TDS in your tap water is probably Cal/Mag so it's something your plants need. Since you're using water with TDS of 0, are you giving them any Cal/Mag supplements?

It could be magnesium deficiency. Maybe give them some epsom salts. It won't hurt anyway since you're giving them water with TDS of 0.

If you TDS of your tap water is only 30, I would just use tap water for watering. Most of the TDS in your tap water is probably Cal/Mag so it's something your plants need. Since you're using water with TDS of 0, are you giving them any Cal/Mag supplements?

It could be magnesium deficiency. Maybe give them some epsom salts. It won't hurt anyway since you're giving them water with TDS of 0.

hmmmm didn't think of that...the filter is taking out everything but traces of dissolved solids....

I'm not adding Cal/Mag to the water at all..how much epson salts should I give them??

Thanks!!

What you really want to do is use water with TDS of 60 <----ideally. So what I would do is dissolve enough epsom salts in your tap water to get to around 60 (and water with this each time). With the plant that is showing some sort of deficiency, you can always work a couple teaspoons of epsom salts into the top layer of your soil and that should dissolve when you water. At least that's what I would do. :)

The filter that you are talking about...it's not a water softener is it? Or is it an R/O system? :roorrip:

What you really want to do is use water with TDS of 60 <----ideally. So what I would do is dissolve enough epsom salts in your tap water to get to around 60 (and water with this each time). With the plant that is showing some sort of deficiency, you can always work a couple teaspoons of epsom salts into the top layer of your soil and that should dissolve when you water. At least that's what I would do. :)

The filter that you are talking about...it's not a water softener is it? Or is it an R/O system? :roorrip:

No not a water softner..that adds shit back in. This takes everything out and what you're left with is pure water according to FDA standards.

I went to my nute package that I bought and found a cal/mag supplement in it..I just mixed some vegging nutes up with that in it..maybe it's time for ferts??

I mixed it about 1/2 strength to what they recommend. I just watered last night and don't want to panic and over water to correct the problem.

Unless it gets to looking way worse, I don't think it will, I'll wait til the next watering to add the nutes..

Thanks for the tip off bro...many thanks indeed.

I agree, you don't have to panic. But I would really use that tap water since the TDS is so low. Just add the cal/mag next watering as you said and see if that helps.

I agree, you don't have to panic. But I would really use that tap water since the TDS is so low. Just add the cal/mag next watering as you said and see if that helps.

Thanks man..I really appreciate the help.

Question: Is there any benefit to watering just before lights off?? Seems like there would be as far as root development goes but it rains at all different times of the day in nature so I'm not sure if it does matter.

I always water after the lights come on since I SUFFERED from PM. I contributed it to having wet soil during night time that caused the mold. Now, the top soil has a chance to dry out, if I had watered, and leafs had a chance to dry out (same practice if foliar fed).

I always water after the lights come on since I SUFFERED from PM. I contributed it to having wet soil during night time that caused the mold. Now, the top soil has a chance to dry out, if I had watered, and leafs had a chance to dry out (same practice if foliar fed).

Thanks for the common sense answer..I knew you'd have it ..

:peacetwo:

Day 17

After yesterday's post, I got a lot of help from the community about a potential issue that I was willing to be patient with. After much input and reading up on the subject, it appears that I have a magnesium deficiency in at least one of the plants.

I mixed up some nutes and applied just a little....total impatient, knee jerk as I had just watered the day before...I totally told myself I wouldn't do it too....

Anyway, aside from that things are much the same..I've got one that exploding and one that appears stunted to some degree...growing seems to have slowed some.

This little beauty is going to town...wonderful, full and growing nicely.

Day_17_-_2.jpg

This one however is struggling a little bit after initially being stronger than the other.

The mag deficiency has worked it's way up the plant a little, I've read that's normal and could explain the lack of growth or at least vigorous growth.

Day_17_-_1.jpg

I've got to be patient...just ride the wave for a while and don't try to do too much and ending screwing my poor plant in the end..the rear end!!

:surf:

We all learn by ours and other mistakes, I rode the short bus to the MJ growing class. I just learned I made the same mistake as last grow when I switched to flower mode, I failed to make sure the light were working properly. Switch 2 days ago and when I went to the grow room the lights should have been light out, no one side lights were on. Too much Honey Oil.

Yeah...I want to make mistakes for the learning but would rather my plants survive them! :thumb:

I just checked the box and my plants were dry..is it common to have them start gulping down the water suddenly??

HempR..I think she will end up coming back fine..it's just a patience thing..I hate seeing yellowing leaves though which is what I've got going on with both plants right now...

Just gave them another nute watering and I'll wait a couple waters before I give them more nutes.

Thanks!!

My experience with water needs of plants is this, they are all different. Mine are all on a every other day schedule (automatic), but if I see one that is wilting then I will suppliment. Due to size of plant, pot, close to fan, soil mix, temps or one of the bitches is a drunk.

Back
Top Bottom