Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

re: Sorenna's - 2015 - THC Bomb Auto & Strawberry Blue - Soil - LED

Okay, so Im thinking again. Uh oh. lol

What Im thinking about is this molasses that I got yesterday. I just noticed today on the front label that it is an excellent source of calcium and magnesium and then when I read the back it says it provides 20% calcium and 25% magnesium. I realize this is labeled for people and not plants, but my question is this:

Would just this molasses provide enough cal/mg without having to add either epsom salts (Ill use it until I get something else, but I cant think the salt all that great for my lil lovies) or a proper cal/mg supplement under my LEDs?

molasses11.jpg
molasses21.jpg
Several local grow shops here carry blackstrap molasses, There are many nute blends that smell like molasses because that is the main ingredient but they don't list it as molasses. The big thing about it is the side effects, bugs that like sweets etc.

lol... I hope they dont wilt, poor things. *snickers*

Shes definitely bright-eyed and bushy now.

Bushy for sure. Thelma might be a candidate for some defoliation... IMHO. Looking good! :thumb:

I did defoliate her about 4 days ago. haha I think over 2 sessions I took approximately 40 leaves from her, first the really big ones and then later some of the smaller ones at the bottom and inside that mass of stems and leaves in her center. Since she is an auto I think Im already pushing the envelope taking as many as I did. That makes the 3rd time in her lifetime that she has been defoliated. Almost all of her tips, even the shorter ones are no longer shaded, but some of the secondary flowers down along each stem are a bit shaded.

I hesitate to take more, but Im a nooblet, so maybe I should ask her for some more. I mean, I could do with another dose of milk. :) What do yall think?

I hesitate to take more, but I'm a nooblet, so maybe I should ask her for some more. I mean, I could do with another dose of milk. :) What do y'all think?

I just meant to throw in my two-cents because it's all a personal preference. At work, we defoliate until the plants are almost naked and they produce big nugs... usually. Though Doc Bud has said that defoliating brings down the brix %. I'm still pretty conservative on defoliating my personal plants, but when I see the results at work it becomes easier and easier.

Whatever you do, I support your decision.

just trimmed mine yesterday after transplant did i mess her up

Before
Alchemy.jpg

after
Transplanted_Side.jpg

Transplanted_Top.jpg

I just meant to throw in my two-cents because it's all a personal preference. At work, we defoliate until the plants are almost naked and they produce big nugs... usually. Though Doc Bud has said that defoliating brings down the brix %. I'm still pretty conservative on defoliating my personal plants, but when I see the results at work it becomes easier and easier.

I thought big nugs were hard to sell. Are consumers wanting big healthy nugs again?

And way to go on the supportive, knowledgeable stuff. :)

Your 2 cents is much appreciated. :blushsmile: Ive actually spent a little bit of time reading about defoliation and its pros and cons. Evidently its a hotly debated issue. What isnt, though? lol

Id like to defoliate her until she cries uncle, but shes an auto, so I dont think thats the best idea. If she were a photo, I might have stripped her nearly bare by now. haha I feel so mean now!

I know next to nothing and I do know nothing if you dont count reading about it, only experience. So, its entirely possible that Im wrong. I would just strip her and find out, but since shes my first plant and Id like her meds sooner than later, because I dont have any currently. I dont want to delay her or worse, jeopardize her harvest entirely.

I like it when girls help out their sisters.

I've got two old girls in the veg that decided to flower because their sisters are " in heat" in the room next door :)
LMAO Rad you never lose your touch do you...that had me laughing :) We just had a full moon maybe that was part of it

I thought big nugs were hard to sell. Are consumers wanting big healthy nugs again?

When colas are as big as my forearm, it's hard not to drool a little. I guess I should've used the term "cola" instead "nug". On the production side big colas usually yield more than popcorn plants and are much easier to handle and trim. We usually trim the big colas into 1/2 gram - 3 gram nugs and the budtenders will often break them up even further because most sales are under 2 grams. In the end, the final nug size that sells in the store is similar no matter the original size of the cola.

That said, some wholesale buyers specifically ask us to keep nugs big because their customers like "big nugs." Personally, I'll take compact popcorn nugs rolling in kief at the bottom of the jar all day over big nugs full of stems and air.

When colas are as big as my forearm, it's hard not to drool a little. I guess I should've used the term "cola" instead "nug". On the production side big colas usually yield more than popcorn plants and are much easier to handle and trim. We usually trim the big colas into 1/2 gram - 3 gram nugs and the budtenders will often break them up even further because most sales are under 2 grams. In the end, the final nug size that sells in the store is similar no matter the original size of the cola.

That said, some wholesale buyers specifically ask us to keep nugs big because their customers like "big nugs." Personally, I'll take compact popcorn nugs rolling in kief at the bottom of the jar all day over big nugs full of stems and air.

Thanks. I like to smoke popcorn because I don't need to grind it.
Buying in a store, the wife would definitely go for the monster cola :)

women always like em big sorry did I say that out loud

Thanks. I like to smoke popcorn because I don't need to grind it.
Buying in a store, the wife would definitely go for the monster cola :)
My girl grinds everything into a strainer to make a nice powder pile on the glass tray, tosses the bigger stuff in a big bowl for scraps, then uses a painters spatula to pick up small shovel hits from the glass tray:)

I do notice most buds n shops seem small, I always wondered why that was haha I know bigger buds are more stem and all but I still prefer bigger buds!!

I like popcorn nugs for baked buds - the perfect size for a quick bite. I had to smile at the airy nug reference. My Buddha Magnum was airy but potent as hell. The THC Bomb stacked colas that were incredibly dense. You had to rip them apart piece by piece, and all the way to the end you had sticky fingers.

I was just thinking today that the way I'm growing now I may need to get half gallon jars to store the colas in.:cheesygrinsmiley:

women always like em big sorry did I say that out loud

Turn that filter on Bear! :laughtwo::love:

My girl grinds everything into a strainer to make a nice powder pile on the glass tray, tosses the bigger stuff in a big bowl for scraps, then uses a painters spatula to pick up small shovel hits from the glass tray:)

I like this woman. :laughtwo:

I like popcorn nugs for baked buds - the perfect size for a quick bite. I had to smile at the airy nug reference. My Buddha Magnum was airy but potent as hell. The THC Bomb stacked colas that were incredibly dense. You had to rip them apart piece by piece, and all the way to the end you had sticky fingers.

I was just thinking today that the way I'm growing now I may need to get half gallon jars to store the colas in.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Half gallon jars - oh the trials and tribulations of growing autoflowers. oh woe. such a tragic problem :)

We have second hand spaghetti jars ready for the long colas.
No long colas from our first harvest so they are used for cashews and almonds :)

LOL

Your reasons for editing your post sometimes crack me up, Radogast.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom