Short and bushy sativa hybrid with droopy leaves

Looks nice and healthy.
If you think it’s possible for bug’s to get into your grow room it’s not a bad idea as a preventative measure.
Once in flower it’s best not to use some of that stuff so now would be the time.
Great looking lady though, excellent training.
Hope your having a good day.
Take care.

# VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thank you for all your help thus far! I really appreciate having been able to draw on some knowledge here :)

About the bugs; I'm not sure if my place is susceptible to bug infestation. I live in the city, 1st. floor, with minimal greens around me (small park and lake nearby though) - so maybe it's not worth the trouble.

I did however end up with some mycelium in the soil. But from the info I've gathered, it can actually be beneficial for cannabis plants, so not too worried about that (or is there anything here I should be aware of going into flower?).

Hope you're having a great day too! :D

Thank you for all your help thus far! I really appreciate having been able to draw on some knowledge here :)

About the bugs; I'm not sure if my place is susceptible to bug infestation. I live in the city, 1st. floor, with minimal greens around me (small park and lake nearby though) - so maybe it's not worth the trouble.

I did however end up with some mycelium in the soil. But from the info I've gathered, it can actually be beneficial for cannabis plants, so not too worried about that (or is there anything here I should be aware of going into flower?).

Hope you're having a great day too! :D
Before flower I like to fill my pots full of roots, just my preference.
Then feed veg nutrients until you see pistils then switch to flower.
Full strength is my preference.
Always feed to run off.
And just keep an eye for bugs, no problem waiting.
I put bokashi and frass in my pots.
Makes microbes and fungi to feed the roots.
Just a thought. You can top dress with it.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Before flower I like to fill my pots full of roots, just my preference.
Then feed veg nutrients until you see pistils then switch to flower.
Full strength is my preference.
Always feed to run off.
And just keep an eye for bugs, no problem waiting.
I put bokashi and frass in my pots.
Makes microbes and fungi to feed the roots.
Just a thought. You can top dress with it.

Bill284 😎
I'll keep that in mind - thanks again! :D

Update time (and a few questions) :)

She's been flowering for about a week now, and is looking real pretty. I've been following @Bill284 advice and feeding her grow nutrient up until she started showing pistils, which she has, and now I'm feeding her bloom nutrients at around 1200ppm.

Now for a few questions, if anyone feels like giving some advice.

1) She's still very bushy, but has only been stretching for about a week. Should I thin her out a little, or just leave her be?

2) I've seen some growers changing the pH from 5.8 to 6.0 in coco when they switch to flower. Is that something I should be doing as well?

3) @Carcass should I be removing her training rods at this point in the grow, or should they be kept in place until harvest?

20230602_074711.jpg
20230602_074718.jpg
20230602_074726.jpg
20230602_074705.jpg

First off- Damn, crono- she's beautiful! :thumb:
1) She's still very bushy,
I'd hold off on the defoliating until she's done stretching- so, about 2 more weeks...I always wait till at least 3 weeks into flowering, although, when I do thin her out a bit, I don't do much- mainly, I just remove the tiny branches that aren't going to amount to much, and I leave almost all the leaves that aren't blocking bud sites.
I've seen some growers changing the pH from 5.8 to 6.0
Sorry, can't help you with this one- I know squat about coco...
@Carcass should I be removing her training rods at this point
I leave most of them on until the branches get 'set'- (when they change from flexible to not flexible)
and even then, there will be some that still want to get too tall, so I leave those hooks on till the end- sometimes there'll be 2 or 3 still on at harvest time, sometimes 10 or 12- some plants want to get too tall more than others...

First off- Damn, crono- she's beautiful!
Thank you for the kind words - couldn't have done it without the awesome help from you guys in here! If she gets purple stems from all the blushing, I'm blaming you ;D

I'd hold off on the defoliating until she's done stretching
I'll hold of with any defoliation for the next couple of weeks - just in time for my next update maybe ;)

Sorry, can't help you with this one- I know squat about coco...
No worries - maybe someone else could chime in on that. No idea if there is any truth to it - just saw a few people mention that you should up the pH when switching to flower (better PK uptake maybe?) :)

I leave most of them on until the branches get 'set'
It's probably a good idea - like you say - to keep the training rods in place for the foreseeable future. She's a sativa after all, so she might poke through the roof if I'm not holding her back a little! :D

Update time :) - Week 3 of flower.

She's doing really well, but I'm thinking it may be time for a little bit of defoliation(?). Some of the bud sites at the center are almost completely covered in fan leaves, and the lower part is really bushy. I'm starting to notice some slight wetness to a few of the leaves, which has me a little worried that moisture is getting trapped in there. RH in the day sits around 55-57% and around 54% at night, with temperatures ranging from 23-27C.

So, my question is - is now the time to snip off some of the fan leaves and open up the bottom a little, or what do the experts in here advise?

20230610_111648.jpg
20230610_111655.jpg
20230610_111700.jpg
20230610_111707.jpg
20230610_111727.jpg
20230610_111735.jpg

If you can see the buds from directly above the plant, then the light can see them too-
Have a look, and just clip the leaves that are actually blocking something..
Then it's up to you if you want to do a bit more defoliation..I'll usually thin out the midsection until I can just see the wall behind the plant when looking through the plant..not very scientific, but it works for me..

Your plant is looking effing Fantastic..!:welldone:
You've definitely got that green thumb thing going on...

If you can see the buds from directly above the plant, then the light can see them too-
Have a look, and just clip the leaves that are actually blocking something..
Then it's up to you if you want to do a bit more defoliation..I'll usually thin out the midsection until I can just see the wall behind the plant when looking through the plant..not very scientific, but it works for me..

Your plant is looking effing Fantastic..!:welldone:
You've definitely got that green thumb thing going on...
Thank you so much for the kind words! It's really nice to hear for someone who has never grown anything before :D

And thank you for - yet again - providing some guidance. I'll get on it first thing in the morning. Just a light trim in the most obvious places ^^

if you defol do it now. optimum is within the 2 - 3 wk window from switch to 12 / 12.

edit : take no more than 25%. tell yourself 10% as everyone has a tendency to go overboard. they will not produce any more fans from here forward. what they have now has got to get them through.

if you defol do it now. optimum is within the 2 - 3 wk window from switch to 12 / 12.

edit : take no more than 25%. tell yourself 10% as everyone has a tendency to go overboard. they will not produce any more fans from here forward. what they have now has got to get them through.
Thanks for chiming in! 2-3 weeks from switch is perfect, as she just entered week 3 (16 days).

I'll be careful and go with around 10% like you wrote. My main focus will be some of the lower bush and a few leaves at the top that are covering the bud sites (4-5 leaves) - thanks for the heads up! :D

While you're in there, you may also want to clip off the little "sucker" branches that aren't
going to amount to much- if they haven't reached the top by now, you probably don't need 'em..
You may have already done this, hard to tell in the pics...

While you're in there, you may also want to clip off the little "sucker" branches that aren't
going to amount to much- if they haven't reached the top by now, you probably don't need 'em..
You may have already done this, hard to tell in the pics...
I haven't cut off anything yet, except for dead leaves. Do you mean the small offshoots that are kind of visible in in the bushy part of picture #4? The ones that look like they want to form buds, but are pale green, short and scrawny?

Yes- some of them might even be 5 or 6 inches long but pale, real "bendy",and scrawny.
If you think they may still amount to something, give them another week or so.
If you miss a few, no big deal- you can use them for "samplers" a little later on..:lot-o-toke:

Yes- some of them might even be 5 or 6 inches long but pale, real "bendy",and scrawny.
If you think they may still amount to something, give them another week or so.
If you miss a few, no big deal- you can use them for "samplers" a little later on..:lot-o-toke:
Awesome, thank you again!

Now I'm a lot more confident going into this procedure :D

Okay, so I took the chance and trimmed off a little excess leaves and bud sites. Ended up trimming 10-15%.

She's still a little bushy in the lower part, but most (if not all) smaller bud sites from soil level and 20cm up have been pruned - only a few fan leaves remaining.

I also scrubbed off some of the external mycelium you see on the pot, using some demineralized water, vinegar and h2o2. I don't mind it inside the pot (should be beneficial), but since she has at least 2 more months to go, that external mycelium might end up sprouting mushrooms and send spores all over my lung room. Well, probably not - but better safe than sorry I guess :)

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and knowledge sharing so far - It is much appreciated! :D

20230611_124157.jpg
20230611_124243.jpg
20230611_124250.jpg

That looks great, crono..!:goodjob:

Okay, so I took the chance and trimmed off a little excess leaves and bud sites. Ended up trimming 10-15%.

She's still a little bushy in the lower part, but most (if not all) smaller bud sites from soil level and 20cm up have been pruned - only a few fan leaves remaining.

I also scrubbed off some of the external mycelium you see on the pot, using some demineralized water, vinegar and h2o2. I don't mind it inside the pot (should be beneficial), but since she has at least 2 more months to go, that external mycelium might end up sprouting mushrooms and send spores all over my lung room. Well, probably not - but better safe than sorry I guess :)

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and knowledge sharing so far - It is much appreciated! :D

20230611_124157.jpg
20230611_124243.jpg
20230611_124250.jpg
Good morning, looking good Amigo.
Taking leaves under the canopy is common and can be helpful.
I don't touch anything else, just my method.
Remember roots grow around the exterior of that bag.
Anything you rub on it your rubbing on her roots. :Namaste:
I wait until it's empty and wash them.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Good morning, looking good Amigo.
Taking leaves under the canopy is common and can be helpful.
I don't touch anything else, just my method.
Remember roots grow around the exterior of that bag.
Anything you rub on it your rubbing on her roots. :Namaste:
I wait until it's empty and wash them.
Take care.

Bill284 😎
Thanks for chiming in :D - she's doing really well now, compared to a few weeks ago. Changing to daily feed has worked miracles!

The bag is folded, so the solution I used to wash the mycelium off with should have minimal effect on her roots - but good call. Was just worried that the mycelium growth would get too intense before the grow is finished.

Back
Top Bottom