SeedsMan Banana Jealousy Comparative Grow in 4x4 by LKABudMan

Budman, that old plant is pure awesomeness! I look forward to hearing how you like her.

Could you explain your feeding notation to me? I've been looking at it for years. Mostly I think I get it, but I'm still uncertain about the MC part.

For example, what does this mean:

6g + 33mc

Beautiful 🍋
Thanks Keith
I'm with Keith. :) Make sure and set some aside for squishing. :hmmmm:🤠 It looks like it would make some dandy rosin.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Thanks GW, and it does look like it will squish up nicely :)
Budman, that old plant is pure awesomeness! I look forward to hearing how you like her.

Could you explain your feeding notation to me? I've been looking at it for years. Mostly I think I get it, but I'm still uncertain about the MC part.

For example, what does this mean:

6g + 33mc
Thanks GDB. That means I made 6 gallons of nutrients with 33 grams of Megacrop 1-part.

Thanks Keith

Thanks GW, and it does look like it will squish up nicely :)

Thanks GDB. That means I made 6 gallons of nutrients with 33 grams of Megacrop 1-part.
Oh, snap!

You wouldn't believe how long I've been scratching my bald spot about that notation. I'm used to mixing my nutes by the gallon. So I thought the 6g referred to the number of grams of MC and could not for the life of me figure out the "+33" part!

Thanks BudMan. I'll sleep better tonight! :)

Kiko (Seedsman Banana Jealousy)
Date: 8/26/24 - Day# 125 - Flip day# 77 - Flower day# 66
Medium: 5G SIP bucket w/ Coco
Nutrients: Water @ 5.9pH​

Vivosun 4x4 w/ SGS & VSF6450
Light: 50% Flowering spectrum 12/12 32DLI
Circulation: Speed 8
Exhaust: 56%RH day / 42% RH night

Kiko has been on plain water for a week now and she's gone through 8 gallons! It sounds like a lot but it's still a slow down for this lady. She's winding down.
Banana Jealousy Tracker.png
Kiko is still looking great and most of her bud is purpled up. I lowered the VSF6450 to 50% which I measured at 30-34 DLI across the canopy. She'll stay here on plain water until harvest. Looking at the trics today, I think she's entering the window now. I'm starting to see some amber in there.

Kiko's buds may not be huge but they're some of the prettiest buds I've grown in a while. They're also rock-hard, even down to the lower 'larf' I usually remove. No larf on this lady, look at this lower bud:

When you squeeze them there is no give, just bud. And she's just filled with those rock-hard buds everywhere.

She's showing every sign that she's ready to harvest, and with no foxtails or nanners:yahoo:. There won't be many more pictures of this lady whole. Which is just as well, she doesn't look nearly as good in pictures as she does in real life. She's FULL of bud though so I'll take a few hours days weeks taking her all down. Let the harvest begin:yummy:

#vivosun #vGrow #lovewhatyougrow

Date: 8/26/24 - Day# 125 - Flip day# 77 - Flower day# 66

Kiko has been on plain water for a week now and she's gone through 8 gallons! It sounds like a lot but it's still a slow down for this lady. She's winding down.
Kiko is still looking great and most of her bud is purpled up. I lowered the VSF6450 to 50% which I measured at 30-34 DLI across the canopy. She'll stay here on plain water until harvest. Looking at the trics today, I think she's entering the window now. I'm starting to see some amber in there.

Kiko's buds may not be huge but they're some of the prettiest buds I've grown in a while. They're also rock-hard, even down to the lower 'larf' I usually remove. No larf on this lady, look at this lower bud:

When you squeeze them there is no give, just bud. And she's just filled with those rock-hard buds everywhere.

She's showing every sign that she's ready to harvest, and with no foxtails or nanners:yahoo:. There won't be many more pictures of this lady whole. Which is just as well, she doesn't look nearly as good in pictures as she does in real life. She's FULL of bud though so I'll take a few hours days weeks taking her all down. Let the harvest begin:yummy:

That's one good looking, highly productive plant. :love: :) Congratulations.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

That's one good looking, highly productive plant. :love: :) Congratulations.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:
Thanks man. Now I'm glad I had to take her out of the vGrow and into the 4x4 :)

She aged beautifully BudMan. And I do mean "aged"! :Rasta:

She aged beautifully BudMan. And I do mean "aged"! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB. I really expected her to go downhill quickly once I switched to plain water, but she still looks really good. It's been a while since I've had a plant 'age' instead of foxtailing or nanners :)

Date: 8/8/24 - Day# 127 - Flip day# 79 - Flower day# 68

Did I say those were the last pictures you would see of her whole. Well, I lied. I haven't started harvesting yet. Kiko is finally slowing down on drinking, taking less than a gallon a day. I took some more trichome shots today and she is definitely in the window.

I have some free time this afternoon, so the harvest is about to begin. Now the real LAST shots of her whole ;)

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow

Date: 8/8/24 - Day# 127 - Flip day# 79 - Flower day# 68

Did I say those were the last pictures you would see of her whole. Well, I lied. I haven't started harvesting yet. Kiko is finally slowing down on drinking, taking less than a gallon a day. I took some more trichome shots today and she is definitely in the window.

I have some free time this afternoon, so the harvest is about to begin. Now the real LAST shots of her whole ;)

#vivosun #lovewhatyougrow
Awesome, Bro!

Even the leafs have a shit-ton of triches. :yahoo:

:thumb:

Awesome, Bro!

Even the leafs have a shit-ton of triches. :yahoo:

Thanks Scott. I can confirm her leaves are covered in trics. I started harvesting yesterday and had to keep stopping because my fingers were sticking together She is super sticky :)

Thanks Joe. My fingers look nearly black during the harvest. She is a dark purple on the leaves.

My Bananas are doing alright. Boo-Boo (no pic) was taken iside. Incredible considerring that iy started with just one branch. Will post that 1 on my journal soon. Looks kinda like a quad/
Congrat's on the grow. Bet you can't wait till it cures. :yahoo:
IMG_20240825_120744.jpg

My Bananas are doing alright. Boo-Boo (no pic) was taken iside. Incredible considerring that iy started with just one branch. Will post that 1 on my journal soon. Looks kinda like a quad/
Congrat's on the grow. Bet you can't wait till it cures. :yahoo:
IMG_20240825_120744.jpg
Those are some pretty ladies. As for mine... two weeks in the drying closet and I'll be squishing and trying some :yummy:

Date: 8/30/24 - Day# 129 - Flip day# 81 - Flower day# 70

As you can see from the date above I'm a little late with this post. After nine days on plain water Kiko was harvested last Thursday and Friday.
I started the harvest on the lower and smaller limbs underneath. Even the small stuff had some dense heavy bud. Here she is with just her mains left.

I ended with the mains, which were very heavy. The harvest was one of the easiest/quickest I've done. She had very few leaves in the bud, and the bud was so dense there wasn't much chance of pulling it apart. I did most of the job with my hands, pinching off the little leaves at the bottom of each bud off and snapping the remaining fan leaves. I kept some of the sugar leaves because they looked so good. I'll let them dry with the bud and use them for something later.

The fans were harder than usual to remove and tended to pull strings down the stem (silica?) if you didn't 'snap' them sideways. I worked in batches, a couple of hangers at a time. By the time I was done with two hangers my fingers were sticking to everything, including each other. It's hard to do anything when your fingers are stuck together ;) After gathering as much finger hash as reasonable, I rub coconut oil onto my hands really well until all of the stuff comes off and balls up. Then a quick wash with soap and water and I'm ready for the next batch.

By Friday afternoon she was on seven hangers in the drying closet. I'll keep here here for two weeks or more. The closet has an A/C vent keeping her under 70f and a humidifier keeping the RH > 60%. There's also an air filter moving air around in there. I love it when the drying closet is full, the whole upstairs smells fantastic! One more week and she'll be ready to buck, bag, and sample :)

Back
Top Bottom